It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:09 am

Pro14: Ospreys v Glasgow (Sun 26.11.2017) 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Pro14: Ospreys v Glasgow (Sun 26.11.2017)
This has been coming for some time. It all started to go wrong with their treatme nt of some senior players, Mike Phillips Ian Evans, Adam Jones and Richard Hibbard.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:44 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
awaywardlad wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Hilljills wrote:
6-47 with over 20 players missing. That'll do :cheers:

Not sure what is happening with the Hairsprays though? Some recognisable names in that line-up yet they were beaten up by a bunch of kids.

Surely it is now more than obvious than ever that the coaches must go.
There is absolutely no excuse for this abject failure.
This performance is sad even for a Scarlets fan, but first and foremost, I am a Wales fan.
From a Welsh point of view, Ospreys demise is an unacceptable disaster.

I am an Ospreys fan but didn't see this coming.

Getting beaten perhaps but a complete tryless capitulation :thefinger:

I have been saying for months the coaches must go
so there is no more proof needed - immediate action required.

Very sad. :crybaby:

Who hires the cosches?

What mskes you think they'll make beter choice next time?

The buck for dire performsnce stops with the Executive.

Hore wanted and got control, he's responsible for the mess not Tandy.

Hore left almost 2 years ago...

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:00 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
awaywardlad wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Hilljills wrote:
6-47 with over 20 players missing. That'll do :cheers:

Not sure what is happening with the Hairsprays though? Some recognisable names in that line-up yet they were beaten up by a bunch of kids.

Surely it is now more than obvious than ever that the coaches must go.
There is absolutely no excuse for this abject failure.
This performance is sad even for a Scarlets fan, but first and foremost, I am a Wales fan.
From a Welsh point of view, Ospreys demise is an unacceptable disaster.

I am an Ospreys fan but didn't see this coming.

Getting beaten perhaps but a complete tryless capitulation :thefinger:

I have been saying for months the coaches must go
so there is no more proof needed - immediate action required.

Very sad. :crybaby:

Who hires the cosches?

What mskes you think they'll make beter choice next time?

The buck for dire performsnce stops with the Executive.

Hore wanted and got control, he's responsible for the mess not Tandy.

Hore left almost 2 years ago...

I think hes in charge at the NSW Waratahs, im not sure but i think they have kind of gone down hill since he went there.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:25 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Aaron Cohen was walking down Station Rd in Port talbot when, all of a sudden, he was attacked from behind and pushed to the ground...

"What the hell did you do that for" shouted Cohen!?

"You killed Christs" replied the assailant!

"aye but that was years ago " said Cohen

"Maybe! ...but now I 'eard about it , right!"

(I hope this is ok!? PC and all that) ;)

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:00 am
World XV Player

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So the buck stops here :

an nteresting conversation?

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/49707

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:39 am
Regional Player

Players used to sign for the Ospreys because we had a good team that was capable of winning cups, now that we have a mediocre team with our best players leaving, I wonder why anyone would want to sign for us?

Atmosphere at the Liberty is by far the worst among the regions. Living in Cardiff much easier and a fair bit cheaper for me to watch games at the Arms Park anyway, so I’ll probably start supporting the Blues.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:20 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So the buck stops here :

an nteresting conversation?

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/49707

This, for me, shows how small and un business like Regional businesses are and we should keep that in perspective.

The interview does show a degree of 'amateurism' as far as business is concerned and the extent of that comparison with some of the big clubs.

It DOES matter.

There's an excerpt in there ...something like "...Andrew is learning the business" Andrew FFS is the Managing Director of Osps Business.

Incidentally I don't think that this is in any way unique to the Osps... in fact their business affairs have been on a more even keel than the other regions.

What worries me is the somewhat naivety with regard to futures, cue the loose comments about futures Top14 etc ... there can't be any real confidence in (planning for the future' can there?

There is also a slice of 'being dependent on WRU' ... what price independent businesses then?

That interview was just pre this Season ... I wonder what they would say now? ...and, more importantly, what are they going to do about it.

Tandy is a symptom of the problem ...the buck stops with the Executive and I believe that the broadcast excerpt proves it?

Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:08 pm
World XV Player

The interview reeks of lack of money and business acumen.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:05 pm
World XV Player

Battening down the hatches. I am surprised that Milward actually sounds better than I thought. However, I can talk about what I am doing, however, they need to talk about what they are not doing and what they are going to do about what they are not doing and have a conversation about the things they dare not talk about because that would be breaking the systems taboo of confronting the elephants in the room!!

Milward is probably toeing the party line and wouldnt dare speak out in front of his boss!!

My biggest concern is that they refuse to acknowledge the problem of performance despite having a squad full of talent and two big players are leaving!!

They are using a classic Trump fake news - there is a lot of negative press!! Nope, people being realistic.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:30 pm
World XV Player

Treforest Gump wrote:
Battening down the hatches. I am surprised that Milward actually sounds better than I thought. However, I can talk about what I am doing, however, they need to talk about what they are not doing and what they are going to do about what they are not doing and have a conversation about the things they dare not talk about because that would be breaking the systems taboo of confronting the elephants in the room!!

Milward is probably toeing the party line and wouldnt dare speak out in front of his boss!!

My biggest concern is that they refuse to acknowledge the problem of performance despite having a squad full of talent and two big players are leaving!!

They are using a classic Trump fake news - there is a lot of negative press!! Nope, people being realistic.

Want to use OPM (Other People's Money)

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:29 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Treforest Gump wrote:

It's worse than that ... don't seem to know what they want and what futures they face and how to overcome them.

More money? ...bigger Q ...would they know what to do with it.?

It really looked amateur to me and not of a Pro profile at all.

It is very small in business terms but exceeds that in terms of importance to Welsh rugby.

PS I think that Osps are generally symptomatic of the total.

WRU end game is interesting in terms of apparent entry into Regional businesses is interesting ...or is that just wishful thinking?

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:56 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Treforest Gump wrote:

It's worse than that ... don't seem to know what they want and what futures they face and how to overcome them.

It is very small in business terms but exceeds that in terms of importance to Welsh rugby.

WRU end game is interesting in terms of apparent entry into Regional businesses is interesting ...or is that just wishful thinking?

It was shocking, as far as the development is concerned their a joke, as are the WRU.... the only involvement they are interested in in the clubs in their region is the occasional photo opportunity and an invite to play pre-match small games. The reason for that is, parents feel compelled to come and pay for the tickets :) Its like pulling teeth to get anyone to come to the end of season awards for kids teams, sometimes they dont even turn up. Their a shower of shit. The community clubs within their region dislike them. Talk about fake news. They do nothing that effects development to any real degree until they strut in with their laptops to look at 15 year old kids. They then rip the guts out of rugby by sucking them in and spitting them out. If you go to watch the development games they dont even put the parent club on the programme, so you have to ask loads of people where a kid is from. Nauseating ! Self serving ! Delusional ! Impossible to support ! Easy to despise !

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:52 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Treforest Gump wrote:

It was shocking, as far as the development is concerned their a joke, as are the WRU.... the only involvement they are interested in in the clubs in their region is the occasional photo opportunity and an invite to play pre-match small games. The reason for that is, parents feel compelled to come and pay for the tickets :) Its like pulling teeth to get anyone to come to the end of season awards for kids teams, sometimes they dont even turn up. Their a shower of shit. The community clubs within their region dislike them. Talk about fake news. They do nothing that effects development to any real degree until they strut in with their laptops to look at 15 year old kids. They then rip the guts out of rugby by sucking them in and spitting them out. If you go to watch the development games they dont even put the parent club on the programme, so you have to ask loads of people where a kid is from. Nauseating ! Self serving ! Delusional ! Impossible to support ! Easy to despise !

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:52 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/news/39951.php#.Wh5W3DFLFpg

If you check the link from time to time, you'll have up to date information at your fingertips.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:44 am