It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:03 am

Pro14: Leinster v Dragons (Fri 24.11.2017) 
World XV Player

Post Pro14: Leinster v Dragons (Fri 24.11.2017)
Leinster: Larmour; McFadden, O'Loughlin, Reid, Nacewa (capt); R. Byrne, Gibson-Park; E. Byrne, Cronin, Bent; Molony, Fardy; Josh Murphy, Jordi Murphy, Deegan. Replacements: Strauss, Dooley, Porter, Nagle, Conan, McCarthy, Marsh, O'Brien.

Dragons: O'Brien; Rosser, Warren, Dixon, Hewitt; Henson, Pretorius; Hobbs, Shipp, Fairbrother; Davies, Screech; Wainwright, Griffiths, Benjamin. Replacements: Ellis, Garrett, Harris, Landman, Roach, Babos, Robson, Edwards.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Pro14: Leinster v Dragons (Fri 24.11.2017)
BigRed wrote:
Leinster: Larmour; McFadden, O'Loughlin, Reid, Nacewa (capt); R. Byrne, Gibson-Park; E. Byrne, Cronin, Bent; Molony, Fardy; Josh Murphy, Jordi Murphy, Deegan. Replacements: Strauss, Dooley, Porter, Nagle, Conan, McCarthy, Marsh, O'Brien.

Dragons: O'Brien; Rosser, Warren, Dixon, Hewitt; Henson, Pretorius; Hobbs, Shipp, Fairbrother; Davies, Screech; Wainwright, Griffiths, Benjamin. Replacements: Ellis, Garrett, Harris, Landman, Roach, Babos, Robson, Edwards.

FT: Leinster 54 Dragons 10 and that after falling 10-0 down.... :thumbright:

Sean

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Great to see the men of Gwent putting in a performance :crybaby:

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Am I right in saying that the Dragons actually have more clubs in their catchment area than do the other three pro teams? If so, the fact they have been the weakest team by some distance most years, despite in theory having the most players to choose from, is all the more baffling.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:29 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Am I right in saying that the Dragons actually have more clubs in their catchment area than do the other three pro teams? If so, the fact they have been the weakest team by some distance most years, despite in theory having the most players to choose from, is all the more baffling.

As has been said for the last 14/15 years, the Dragons were/are at war with most of their constituent clubs.

When did you come on here?

:D

Footnote - Have a look at Pontypool's record recently ...

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:34 am
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

No idea if that is true or not but it is possible that their clubs may only have a first team compared to another region that has a club that with 5 teams, age grade and a women's team.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

No idea if that is true or not but it is possible that their clubs may only have a first team compared to another region that has a club that with 5 teams, age grade and a women's team.

It doesnt really make any difference though does it. There is no restriction on where players play in Wales, so in the past the better Dragons players left for other regions and the over the hill or cast aside players ended up at the Dragons. The link between the strength of local rugby and regional success is IMO nonexistent. Which some would certainly argue is one of the problems with Welsh rugby.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

What a complete shower of crap....and Moriarty wants to play there...says a lot about him ;)

Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:35 pm