It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:30 pm

SA true 'take' on Pro14 ? 
World XV Player

Post SA true 'take' on Pro14 ?
This suggests a SA poor ´také on Pro14 popularity.

Understandably Kings are disappointing but Cheetahs are competitive,

It. will be a pity if it's a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater as a result of the choice of a weak team that doesn't represent the potential.

??

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/41866547

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:21 am
Regional Player

Post Re: SA true 'take' on Pro14 ?
Tony Panties wrote:

It. will be a pity if it's a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater as a result of the choice of a weak team that doesn't represent the potential.

??

Playing at a stadium of 10k capacity with a chance of building some atmosphere makes better sense than a 90% empty 45k stadium with no atmosphere. Edinburgh learnt that lesson so why shouldn't the Kings follow suit? Sure the pitch is poor but Kempson must have wiped his memory of the Dragons Bog of a pitch.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Fingal wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

??

Playing at a stadium of 10k capacity with a chance of building some atmosphere makes better sense than a 90% empty 45k stadium with no atmosphere. Edinburgh learnt that lesson so why shouldn't the Kings follow suit? Sure the pitch is poor but Kempson must have wiped his memory of the Dragons Bog of a pitch.

I agree Fingal but I was refering to the section "home supporters failing to back the new Pro 15 etc" that is a different slant

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:07 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Fingal wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

??

I agree Fingal but I was refering to the section "home supporters failing to back the new Pro 14 etc" that is a different slant

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:08 pm
World XV Player

Although Cheetahs are more successful and better supported the gates are poor

Scheduling parallel Currie Cup and Pro14 matches was a risk, TV also

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:09 pm
World XV Player

Davids is a good coach (Kings). Looking at what he has to work with...not much experience etc.
Ulster scraped through in this one. Important away win
Whereas the Cheetahs Pro14 and Currie cup sides worked together and at times they managed a better gate as they managed their logistics quite well. Will be better from next year
Kings the opposite. Not much support for Pro14 when the played Currie cup although in the first division (Bulldogs, Griffons, Leopards etc.) not the premier (WP, sharks Bulls etc.)
Although there are better sides lurking ...Griquas and sa Pumas there is still expectation because they have the most black players in a country where everything is measured on % colour. They sort of starting to find their feet but still internal politics which strangely is not about colour but they want their domestic union EP to control things and not saru who had to after the Cheeky Watson debacle on mismanaged finances

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:21 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

??

Maybe so Tel, but I think SA involvement is only in it's infancy at the moment. I'm not sure crowds and public interest will be the real driver, as I think it will be the commercial and financial opportunities which will be of more interest to the Union.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

tom21 wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

??

Maybe so Tel, but I think SA involvement is only in it's infancy at the moment. I'm not sure crowds and public interest will be the real driver, as I think it will be the commercial and financial opportunities which will be of more interest to the Union.

Take your point Tom but 'popularity' will win the day and primarily surrounding the media enticement. The logistics are distinctly in favour of the migration in general compared to S Hemp alignment.

A comment to suggest the popularity hasn't taken is ,imo, premature and silly.

I remain a staunch supporter of SA migration and integration into N Hemp and it will be on a broader scale which will entice further.

The sooner the better the EPCR get involved ...which will mean a buy-in from the franglais.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:32 pm