It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:31 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Ospreys v Dragons (Fri 27.10.2017) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Ospreys v Dragons (Fri 27.10.2017)
Dragons have missed 2 magnificent chances and a better team would/will take advantage.

Sean

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Dragons have missed 2 magnificent chances and a better team would/will take advantage.

Sean

They are the better team this half.

more space and initiative to their attack, Osps continue somewhat impotent.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:03 pm
World XV Player

Sounded like a broken shin there

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

No one has come here to watch me blow the whistle???? is ha a real ref!!! Well done that man

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

MOTM Holley says AWJ for his unseen work. Cant really disagree, but for unseen I think Sam Beard?

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pleased that Ospreys got a bonus point win, but they were far from convincing.
Dragons were unlucky not to have got a losing bonus point after a lovely break by Amos near the end.
Dragons continue to improve, to keep this in perspective, last week Ospreys narrowly went down to the European champions in the champions home patch.
I was disappointed with Hooky tonight and I'm afraid Gavin has lost a few too many yards. He still controlled the game well. Tonight he was mostly concerned in marshalling the Dragons defence. Also showing some deft touches.
The million dollar question for Ospreys is it too little too late for their Pro14 season?

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Ospreys the better team but they have some serious problems

Dragons, yes I accept that there are some good young players but some serious investment is needed to keep the better players in the squad together and help dragons win more games. An international LH, 8 and 9 would make a massive difference

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

When I watch Henson play, I cant help but imagine what could have been. He is just so ... graceful. He hardly seems to move but slides 20 feet and gets a pass in before they know he has the ball.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

I think Amos is a seriously good player and a
Wales back 3 of him Liam & Steff would be
very exciting.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:48 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:

You can say that again. How they almost won at Saracens - and with a bonus point too - is beyond me. (Or maybe last week precisely took its toll on today's performance).

Dragons, yes I accept that there are some good young players but some serious investment is needed to keep the better players in the squad together and help dragons win more games. An international LH, 8 and 9 would make a massive difference.

I actually was impressed by much of their back play, but as usual their weak forwards and lack of strength-in-depth eventually told.

Even by Pro 14 standards, this was a particularly slow and scrappy match. A lot of work to do by both teams...

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

You can say that again. How they almost won at Saracens - and with a bonus point too - is beyond me. (Or maybe last week precisely took its toll on today's performance).

Dragons, yes I accept that there are some good young players but some serious investment is needed to keep the better players in the squad together and help dragons win more games. An international LH, 8 and 9 would make a massive difference.

I actually was impressed by much of their back play, but as usual their weak forwards and lack of strength-in-depth eventually told.

Even by Pro 14 standards, this was a particularly slow and scrappy match. A lot of work to do by both teams...

It was, but Dragons were not routed, as I feared. They lost, but were not stuffed.

Considering they were playing the Ospreys, Either Dragons were up there, or Ospreys were crap.

Or BOTH!

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:33 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

soap wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

It was, but Dragons were not routed, as I feared. They lost, but were not stuffed.

Considering they were playing the Ospreys, Either Dragons were up there, or Ospreys were crap.

Or BOTH!

Actually, the Dragons have been the Ospreys' bogey team over the years: for several years the Ospreys never won at the Rodney Parade, the Dragons are the only team to have ever put 50+ points on the Ospreys (35-51 in an Anglo-Welsh Cup match a few years ago), and even many of the Ospreys' victories over the Dragons have been narrow and uneasy. For example, in the 2015-16 season the Ospreys beat them 12-7 and 20-26, while last season they only won at the RP 0-10.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
soap wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Or BOTH!

Actually, the Dragons have been the Ospreys' bogey team over the years: for several years the Ospreys never won at the Rodney Parade, the Dragons are the only team to have ever put 50+ points on the Ospreys (35-51 in an Anglo-Welsh Cup match a few years ago), and even many of the Ospreys' victories over the Dragons have been narrow and uneasy. For example, in the 2015-16 season the Ospreys beat them 12-7 and 20-26, while last season they only won at the RP 0-10.

Ah, they felt sorry for them then? :D

Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:14 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
I think Osps will win well, Drags may show up well early as they often do ....but I have Osps to win by 12 to 14 pts

Hope you banked that one.. :thumbup:

Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:30 am
World XV Player

cosh wrote:
Camera focusing on someone dressed as a Lion in the crowd.
Wondering which one of The Gatland Six it is ??

Baldwin's Mother?

Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:31 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next