It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:41 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017)
Shame the townie twats got a 4th but at least they lost.

Terrible advert for defence coaches though.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Challenge Cup up next

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:30 pm
World XV Player

43 - 29 should have been 36 - 29 I blame Owens, that was a ridiculous penalty that led to Blues try. The Drags player was not holding the ball. It was on the ground being recycled.
Dragons should have had two bonus points.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

After complaining a couple of weeks ago that I was not enjoying rugby, we have had a few watchable games.
Well done and hard lines Drags, well recovered Blues.

A few imports and the Drags may be there.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:31 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

soap wrote:
After complaining a couple of weeks ago that I was not enjoying rugby, we have had a few watchable games.

They are full of South Africans already, though only two of them were there tonight.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
soap wrote:

They are full of South Africans already, though only two of them were there tonight.

I did not mean foreign imports, just someone to give the players a chance. The bench should have been on for the last 20 when players just could not get there. Gav did not even have the energy to get a good touch kick in.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The most astounding thing about that game was how bad the Dragons were second half, the level of ineptitude was amazing. For 20 minutes, from the restart, the Blues struggled to get an erection even though the Dragons were laying on their backs legs akimbo.

First half was a good standard, then it became a horror show for the Dragons, i dont think the Blues improved that much, they just appeared to, because the Dragons were clueless.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

BigRed wrote:
Nigel Owens is useless, that was never a penalty to Blues.
He has destroyed the game.

Really :scratch:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017
Went to the Cardiff Arms to watch this match and thought the atmosphere was pretty good, proper rugby stadium. Some nice offloading by both sides but the handling by the Blues in the first half was awful and in the second Dragons defence was way to slow.

Henson looked very good at first but his clearance kicks were awful, largely the reason the dragons spent nearly all the second period in their own half.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Evan Roberts wrote:
Went to the Cardiff Arms to watch this match and thought the atmosphere was pretty good, proper rugby stadium. Some nice offloading by both sides but the handling by the Blues in the first half was awful and in the second Dragons defence was way to slow.

Henson looked very good at first but his clearance kicks were awful, largely the reason the dragons spent nearly all the second period in their own half.

He is knocking on now and probably should not have played most of the second half. The Blues seem to have been straightened out in the changing room too, so a double whack.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Evan Roberts wrote:

Yes, same here. It was a good match and the atmosphere wasn't too bad. Didn't hear any singing in the whole game though. Could have been more there but given where the Blues and Dragons are at the moment, not surprising.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:00 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Evan Roberts wrote:

Yes, same here. It was a good match and the atmosphere wasn't too bad. Didn't hear any singing in the whole game though. Could have been more there but given where the Blues and Dragons are at the moment, not surprising.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:00 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I got the feeling that Gav was trying to do too much in the second half when his team was starting to slip on defence. His penalty miss was almost on the money but he was trying for too much distance to help his team. Unfortunately, it got held up in the wind and fell a little short. I can't blame him for that. He was instrumental in all the good the Dragons showed in the first half. The problem was insurmountable when the replacements came on for the Blues which Dragons had no answer for as their bench was threadbare and again having to play against a rather stiff breeze.
I think Dragons can take a lot from the first half, a lot of potentials in their team.
I also question a number of poor decisions by Nigel Owens, this was one of his poorer performances. His decisions certainly favoured the Blues.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

I agree with Big Reds criticism of Nigel Owen. He looks an angry man on the field, and treats the players as a bunch of year 8's.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
I got the feeling that Gav was trying to do too much in the second half when his team was starting to slip on defence. His penalty miss was almost on the money but he was trying for too much distance to help his team. Unfortunately, it got held up in the wind and fell a little short. I can't blame him for that. He was instrumental in all the good the Dragons showed in the first half. The problem was insurmountable when the replacements came on for the Blues which Dragons had no answer for as their bench was threadbare and again having to play against a rather stiff breeze.
I think Dragons can take a lot from the first half, a lot of potentials in their team.
I also question a number of poor decisions by Nigel Owens, this was one of his poorer performances. His decisions certainly favoured the Blues.

Fair assessment BR I think mate? The few times I've watched Henson I almost feel 'cheated' that his silliness (or, celebrity status, whatever!) denied us of one of the finest half-backs of his generation! I also wondered what his spell at Cardiff did for him, other than to nail him up for the unwashed masses to see! How many coaches would pick a free running half-back (10 or 12) and slot him as a starter on the wing or full-back! That Ireland game showed he was (by then!) a stamped-on 12?

People also forget too, that when Hooky was developing as a 10, with Henson outside him, he had a bloody good mentor. In every O's game back then, Henson was talking/shouting gee-ing him up like a top-class player should do!
As an IC for Wales, we missed him badly! I very much doubt we would have had Jamie at 12 had Henson stayed playing!
You missed out Amos in the first half, I thought he had an excellent game with ball in hand and his ooh kicks were also spot on!
The only thing I differ from to you, is with Nigel? I thought he let the game flow and IMO, gave the Drags a bit of free reign in the first half? The old story I think, the team on top gets the luck as well?

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:08 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next