It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:41 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017) 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Posts: 22823
Location: Cayman Islands
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017)
Shame the townie twats got a 4th but at least they lost.

Terrible advert for defence coaches though.

_________________
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/


Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11279
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017)
Challenge Cup up next

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:30 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5614
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017)
43 - 29 should have been 36 - 29 I blame Owens, that was a ridiculous penalty that led to Blues try. The Drags player was not holding the ball. It was on the ground being recycled.
Dragons should have had two bonus points.


Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 4488
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017)
After complaining a couple of weeks ago that I was not enjoying rugby, we have had a few watchable games.
Well done and hard lines Drags, well recovered Blues.

A few imports and the Drags may be there.

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:31 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2282
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017)
soap wrote:
After complaining a couple of weeks ago that I was not enjoying rugby, we have had a few watchable games.
Well done and hard lines Drags, well recovered Blues.

A few imports and the Drags may be there.


They are full of South Africans already, though only two of them were there tonight.


Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 4488
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017)
najbritcol wrote:
soap wrote:
After complaining a couple of weeks ago that I was not enjoying rugby, we have had a few watchable games.
Well done and hard lines Drags, well recovered Blues.

A few imports and the Drags may be there.


They are full of South Africans already, though only two of them were there tonight.


I did not mean foreign imports, just someone to give the players a chance. The bench should have been on for the last 20 when players just could not get there. Gav did not even have the energy to get a good touch kick in.

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11527
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017)
The most astounding thing about that game was how bad the Dragons were second half, the level of ineptitude was amazing. For 20 minutes, from the restart, the Blues struggled to get an erection even though the Dragons were laying on their backs legs akimbo.

First half was a good standard, then it became a horror show for the Dragons, i dont think the Blues improved that much, they just appeared to, because the Dragons were clueless.

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 706
Location: Swansea
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017)
BigRed wrote:
Nigel Owens is useless, that was never a penalty to Blues.
He has destroyed the game.


Really :scratch:


Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:32 pm
Posts: 519
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017
Went to the Cardiff Arms to watch this match and thought the atmosphere was pretty good, proper rugby stadium. Some nice offloading by both sides but the handling by the Blues in the first half was awful and in the second Dragons defence was way to slow.

Henson looked very good at first but his clearance kicks were awful, largely the reason the dragons spent nearly all the second period in their own half.


Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 4488
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017
Evan Roberts wrote:
Went to the Cardiff Arms to watch this match and thought the atmosphere was pretty good, proper rugby stadium. Some nice offloading by both sides but the handling by the Blues in the first half was awful and in the second Dragons defence was way to slow.

Henson looked very good at first but his clearance kicks were awful, largely the reason the dragons spent nearly all the second period in their own half.


He is knocking on now and probably should not have played most of the second half. The Blues seem to have been straightened out in the changing room too, so a double whack.

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7355
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017
Evan Roberts wrote:
Went to the Cardiff Arms to watch this match and thought the atmosphere was pretty good, proper rugby stadium. Some nice offloading by both sides but the handling by the Blues in the first half was awful and in the second Dragons defence was way to slow.

Henson looked very good at first but his clearance kicks were awful, largely the reason the dragons spent nearly all the second period in their own half.


Yes, same here. It was a good match and the atmosphere wasn't too bad. Didn't hear any singing in the whole game though. Could have been more there but given where the Blues and Dragons are at the moment, not surprising.


Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:00 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7355
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017
Evan Roberts wrote:
Went to the Cardiff Arms to watch this match and thought the atmosphere was pretty good, proper rugby stadium. Some nice offloading by both sides but the handling by the Blues in the first half was awful and in the second Dragons defence was way to slow.

Henson looked very good at first but his clearance kicks were awful, largely the reason the dragons spent nearly all the second period in their own half.


Yes, same here. It was a good match and the atmosphere wasn't too bad. Didn't hear any singing in the whole game though. Could have been more there but given where the Blues and Dragons are at the moment, not surprising.


Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:00 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5614
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017)
I got the feeling that Gav was trying to do too much in the second half when his team was starting to slip on defence. His penalty miss was almost on the money but he was trying for too much distance to help his team. Unfortunately, it got held up in the wind and fell a little short. I can't blame him for that. He was instrumental in all the good the Dragons showed in the first half. The problem was insurmountable when the replacements came on for the Blues which Dragons had no answer for as their bench was threadbare and again having to play against a rather stiff breeze.
I think Dragons can take a lot from the first half, a lot of potentials in their team.
I also question a number of poor decisions by Nigel Owens, this was one of his poorer performances. His decisions certainly favoured the Blues.


Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 155
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017)
I agree with Big Reds criticism of Nigel Owen. He looks an angry man on the field, and treats the players as a bunch of year 8's.


Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 6:35 pm
Posts: 16924
Location: Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post Re: Pro14: Cardiff Blues v Dragons (Fri 06.10.2017)
BigRed wrote:
I got the feeling that Gav was trying to do too much in the second half when his team was starting to slip on defence. His penalty miss was almost on the money but he was trying for too much distance to help his team. Unfortunately, it got held up in the wind and fell a little short. I can't blame him for that. He was instrumental in all the good the Dragons showed in the first half. The problem was insurmountable when the replacements came on for the Blues which Dragons had no answer for as their bench was threadbare and again having to play against a rather stiff breeze.
I think Dragons can take a lot from the first half, a lot of potentials in their team.
I also question a number of poor decisions by Nigel Owens, this was one of his poorer performances. His decisions certainly favoured the Blues.


Fair assessment BR I think mate? The few times I've watched Henson I almost feel 'cheated' that his silliness (or, celebrity status, whatever!) denied us of one of the finest half-backs of his generation! I also wondered what his spell at Cardiff did for him, other than to nail him up for the unwashed masses to see! How many coaches would pick a free running half-back (10 or 12) and slot him as a starter on the wing or full-back! That Ireland game showed he was (by then!) a stamped-on 12?

People also forget too, that when Hooky was developing as a 10, with Henson outside him, he had a bloody good mentor. In every O's game back then, Henson was talking/shouting gee-ing him up like a top-class player should do!
As an IC for Wales, we missed him badly! I very much doubt we would have had Jamie at 12 had Henson stayed playing!
You missed out Amos in the first half, I thought he had an excellent game with ball in hand and his ooh kicks were also spot on!
The only thing I differ from to you, is with Nigel? I thought he let the game flow and IMO, gave the Drags a bit of free reign in the first half? The old story I think, the team on top gets the luck as well?

_________________
"I have to say, I find that offensive toward (insert cause/belief)"

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!


Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:08 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron