It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Dragons v Southern Kings (Sat 30.09.17) 
World XV Player

Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
I.r.w logistics Cheetahs 2 teams this weekend
they played Ospreys fri eve and their other team (the 56 split half) played Griquas which is their neigbours in the cc
so relative easy this weekend
I.r.w Kings I think saru should replace them next year with a better team. there are 2 atm - Griquas and sa Pumas
I like the King's coach Davids - what he did with what he got

Tks, when does C Cup end?

also, is there flexibility in the 56 man squad ie use players for rither team?

further, are the C Cup and Pro14 both on TV

Boke, apologise for multiple Qs but the answers would reveal a lot concerning these teams potential and would explain some attendance issues.

Tks in advance ... good to have you on board in Pro14 to describe some of the issues ... :thumbup:

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:17 am
World XV Player

Post Re: Dragons v Southern Kings (Sat 30.09.17)
BBF I was surprised to see SA & Oz teams with the same costly faults as Wales and most NH teams.
They do a lot of good things breaking down defenses BUT and it is a very big BUT, the last 'Hail Mary' pass is into the hands of the opposition. It happened to the Boks at least four times in the Bok v Oz match yesterday. Ospreys were even more guilty of this as were Blues and to a lesser extent the Scarlets.
I do not think I have ever seen the AB's guilty of this practice. Now there could be two reasons for this. The first being that their players are more discerning who they pass to and have a greater awareness of the players around them. The second and more probable explanation is that they always have players backing them up, so the movements do not die by landing up in the hands of their opponents.
I was frustrated by this failure in the Boks attack yesterday and, of course, the Blues and the Ospreys.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:45 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
BBF I was surprised to see SA & Oz teams with the same costly faults as Wales and most NH teams.
They do a lot of good things breaking down defenses BUT and it is a very big BUT, the last 'Hail Mary' pass is into the hands of the opposition. It happened to the Boks at least four times in the Bok v Oz match yesterday. Ospreys were even more guilty of this as were Blues and to a lesser extent the Scarlets.
I do not think I have ever seen the AB's guilty of this practice. Now there could be two reasons for this. The first being that their players are more discerning who they pass to and have a greater awareness of the players around them. The second and more probable explanation is that they always have players backing them up, so the movements do not die by landing up in the hands of their opponents.
I was frustrated by this failure in the Boks attack yesterday and, of course, the Blues and the Ospreys.

BR, I think the problem is a lot more comprehensive than that as is the overall comparison, to compare ABs and Welsh Regions is...... sorry, words fail :D

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:15 am
Club Player

Elliot Dee has to be in the AI squad after another fine performance - Ken Owens is obviously 1st choice, but if "Lion chow" Baldwin gets in ahead of Dee and Dacey then that's a travesty. Amos is also looking decent these days. Of course, we all know that Cuthbert and Baldwin will get in.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:31 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Figaro wrote:
Elliot Dee has to be in the AI squad after another fine performance - Ken Owens is obviously 1st choice, but if "Lion chow" Baldwin gets in ahead of Dee and Dacey then that's a travesty. Amos is also looking decent these days. Of course, we all know that Cuthbert and Baldwin will get in.

Actually, Cuthbert seems to have mostly fallen out of favour - don't forget he only featured once in the last Six Nations, for example, and not because he was injured. Also, given all the back row injuries, selection this Autumn could be very interesting indeed.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Bokbefok wrote:
they played Ospreys fri eve and their other team (the 56 split half) played Griquas which is their neigbours in the cc
I.r.w Kings I think saru should replace them next year with a better team. there are 2 atm - Griquas and sa Pumas

Boke, apologise for multiple Qs but the answers would reveal a lot concerning these teams potential and would explain some attendance issues.

Tks in advance ... good to have you on board in Pro14 to describe some of the issues ... :thumbup:

The C cup ends 28 October when the final is played
flexibility is there but the Pro14 is definitely the Cheetahs best team. There is underlying Reserve strength from cc specially some good sevens players and exposure to tough games
Both Pro14 and C cup are on tv here. We have dstv and they even show T14, watching Montpelier downing Brive now and thereafter a cc game Bulls vs WP. Watched Pro14 yesterday and fri eve
ps. I like answering these questions and will remain objective ..made me feel a bit of a fundi which I'm not

Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:13 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:

BR, I think the problem is a lot more comprehensive than that as is the overall comparison, to compare ABs and Welsh Regions is...... sorry, words fail :D

Tony, to be fair I was ADVERSELY comparing AB's to the Oz, Boks, and Welsh teams.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Decent win and first half performance but fell away in second half

LH and lock an issue. Joe Davies came on and looks as if he has the dimensions but lets see if he can play rugby

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:

LH and lock an issue. Joe Davies came on and looks as if he has the dimensions but lets see if he can play rugby

TBQH I think that the conditions played a big part in the poor second-half performance. The poor handling of both sides after halftime was simply because the ball must have been like a bar of soap.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:

TBQH I think that the conditions played a big part in the poor second-half performance. The poor handling of both sides after halftime was simply because the ball must have been like a bar of soap.

Not sure of your argument there mate, it was raining in the first half

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:

LH and lock an issue. Joe Davies came on and looks as if he has the dimensions but let's see if he can play rugby

Not sure of your argument there mate, it was raining in the first half

I know that but the conditions were a lot worse in the second half. I can only go on what I saw. Handling mistakes were definitely worse in the second half.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Bokbefok wrote:

The C cup ends 28 October when the final is played

flexibility is there but the Pro14 is definitely the Cheetahs best team. There is underlying Reserve strength from cc specially some good sevens players and exposure to tough games
Both Pro14 and C cup are on tv here. We have dstv and they even show T14, watching Montpelier downing Brive now and thereafter a cc game Bulls vs WP. Watched Pro14 yesterday and fri eve
ps. I like answering these questions and will remain objective ..made me feel a bit of a fundi which I'm not

Thks

Then from info ...from end Oct

team quality might not improve but depth would.

Audience TV and gates could improve

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:18 pm
Club Player

najbritcol wrote:
Figaro wrote:

Actually, Cuthbert seems to have mostly fallen out of favour - don't forget he only featured once in the last Six Nations, for example, and not because he was injured. Also, given all the back row injuries, selection this Autumn could be very interesting indeed.

Only because North, Halfpenny and Liam Williams remained uninjured for most of the competition and Jamie Roberts was taking up the Back space on the bench. When North was injured for the second game Cuthbert came right back into the starting lineup!

Based on form the back three should be Steff Edwards - Liam Williams - George North, but I can't see Gatland leaving out Halfpenny so unless there are injuries Steff will have to sit on the bench, and maybe start against Georgia.

The backrow will be interesting yes. I hope Gatland goes with Shingler and gives Ollie Griffiths a go from the bench, but you just know it will be Lydiate starting and James King on the bench, even though the Ospreys have been awful.

Elliot Dee surely deserves to be in the squad. If any uncapped player gets a game it will be him.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:19 am
Profile E-mail