It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:29 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Danny Wilson 
World XV Player

Post Re: Danny Wilson
Back to the thread, Wilson's BBC clip was very telling. Clearly there is no money any more and it's hard to be associated with an organization with no ambition.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:20 pm
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
They have decent players and aren't as bad as they are playing

Loss of form, end of management cycle happens in sport

Admittedly the contract for tandy may prove a mistake, I see no reason for ospreys to be an exception to an issue which affects nearly all sporting organisations I can think of

Not sure about that..most passed their best like AWJ, Davies, Lydiate, Hook, James, and others not up to it like Baldwin, King and the entire back line outside 10.

I still think they have good enough players to beat zebra and there is no reason why all those players can't do a decent job even though they may not be what they once were

My point was that things are not so bad they need to scrap the region

I agree with the second sentence, but if the maximum ambition is now to beta Zebre, well... (Although I hope you mean overtake them in the conference, not merely beat them in a match).

Yes I agree the reference to zebra was a poor choice of words on my part. I was more referring to winning pro games against their opposition. The level of ambition is up to them but they have achieved enough, and still have a strong enough playing base to be maintained as a region.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Langland Exile wrote:
Back to the thread, Wilson's BBC clip was very telling. Clearly there is no money any more and it's hard to be associated with an organization with no ambition.

Going to be hard for the players, performing for a coach who has announced he's leaving with three quarters of the season yet to go. Doubt it will be long before he loses the dressing room and they bring the Chief in as interim coach for the third time.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:24 pm
World XV Player

Or Phil Davies... I look forward to references about keeping hold of the ball a little longer

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:26 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Or Phil Davies... I look forward to references about keeping hold of the ball a little longer

Hasn't he got the Namibia gig? He's probably getting paid bucket loads for doing nowt.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:29 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

spinbreath wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

Going to be hard for the players, performing for a coach who has announced he's leaving with three quarters of the season yet to go. Doubt it will be long before he loses the dressing room and they bring the Chief in as interim coach for the third time.

Munster have managed to play well, even with Rassie Erasmus announcing he is leaving. No more silly excuses please.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile E-mail

spinbreath wrote:

Hasn't he got the Namibia gig? He's probably getting paid bucket loads for winning nowt.

Fixed. Namibia is the ultimate example of how globally uncompetitive rugby is compared to football - it has entered every World Cup since 1999 by virtue of being the best African team bar the Springboks, yet has never won a single match.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:31 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

I'll lay odds of two to one, that when Danny Wilson loses the dressing room in November, Gethin Jenkins gets the blame.
You heard it here first. Or rather second, as it's happened numerous times before. :D

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:35 pm

spinbreath wrote:
I'll lay odds of two to one, that when Danny Wilson loses the dressing room in November, Gethin Jenkins announces his retirement and immediately takes over as coach.
You heard it here first.

Fixed. :D

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

Munster have managed to play well, even with Rassie Erasmus announcing he is leaving. No more silly excuses please.

And being replaced with a probably better South African coach...

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:41 pm
thread ruining clique

najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
I'll lay odds of two to one, that when Danny Wilson loses the dressing room in November, Gethin Jenkins announces his retirement and immediately takes over as coach.
You heard it here first.

Fixed. :D

Quite possible. His gammy ankle isn't going to support many more comebacks, and I get the feeling he's always really wanted to be in charge of the Blues. :D

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:43 pm

A good article, although as I said in the commentary there, there are other even more serious contenders to be the biggest underachievers of European rugby: Ospreys, Ulster, Stade Francais, Bath...
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... s-13701275

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Ulster and Bath have won the HC, SF made a final

I don't think the O's ever went beyond the 1/4's

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:14 pm

Fids the Blindside wrote:
Ulster and Bath have won the HC, SF made a final

I don't think the O's ever went beyond the 1/4's

But the first two won it in the late 90's and have had little silverware since. SF have also been shit relative to their huge budgets. Aside from Europe, Ospreys have won more silverware than those three teams have.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

OK

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next