It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:24 pm

Pro14 to Round 4 attendance and comparison to Season end Pro 
World XV Player

Post Pro14 to Round 4 attendance and comparison to Season end Pro
Just using this for other purposes and thought it may be interesting??

Pro14 to Round4 to date and comparison with Pro12 YE stat in %s
(there will be obvious diffs in mix and in the case of Newp and Cardiff Judgement day effect etc)

but all the same ...just in passing

PS I havent stringently tested this ...

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Pro14 to Round 4 attendance and comparison to Season end Pro
With all due respect, it is rather futile to be looking at attendances this early in the season, especially as we have had no derby matches yet. Come round six, then perhaps we can talk.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Also, as an aside, I have watched some highlights programmes of the Aviva Premiership in recent weeks, and many stadia had plenty of empty seats - Worcester, Sale, Northampton, Wasps, London Irish, even Leicester.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:09 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

najbritcol wrote:
Also, as an aside, I have watched some highlights programmes of the Aviva Premiership in recent weeks, and many stadia had plenty of empty seats - Worcester, Sale, Northampton, Wasps, London Irish, even Leicester.

So, the fact some English sides have shit attendance excuses the Welsh shit attendance?
That's alright then. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:50 pm
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
With all due respect, it is rather futile to be looking at attendances this early in the season, especially as we have had no derby matches yet. Come round six, then perhaps we can talk.

Did suggest that ...

Pro14 to Round4 to date and comparison with Pro12 YE stat in %s
(there will be obvious diffs in mix and in the case of Newp and Cardiff Judgement day effect etc)

but all the same ...just in passing

As said I was using it to complete other stats/graphics that includes other long term trends ..

What drew some attention was a general flavour of lower gates, some though were weather affected .. Osps/Muns 7.3, Cardiff/Gla 5.4 even Ulster down quit a lot v Scarlet at 12.x ....

Scarlets up but 9.x then 8. x when one might expect more given their performances but they are much better than a low attendance last Season

As I say ... your point is taken but as I had the data it was no prob to just post it ...

We know Gates revenue per se is not important but does provide an indicator of 'health' and attractiveness and is geared to commercial income and potential investment and sponsorship.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:12 pm
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

Top 14 currently averaging about 14k after 5 rounds

Not updated the Aviva stats yet but after 2 rounds were 14.7k but that included a big double header.

despite Irish big attendances the Pro12-14 is meagre in comparison....

It should also be remembered that some Clubs run v near to capacity with an obvious capability to expand given the upgrade....

PS We don't want to get into the usual contentious reasons/excuses for comparison and drivers of gates aspects.

At best only indicators ... the new PRO14 format will be more difficult to 'comput' because of mixed fixtures home/away etc ...Currently I've just taken direct correlation of season/season ...

At best a sensible indicator and not a lot more...

PS you mention Leics, Leinster, Ulster not reaching usual heights either ...

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:21 pm
World XV Player

duplicate

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:22 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
point is taken but as I had the data it was no prob to just post it ...

We know Gates revenue per se is not important but does provide an indicator of 'health' and attractiveness and is geared to commercial income and potential investment and sponsorship.

Yes, I get what you are saying but I think that gates are among the most important things. Financially maybe not (I will take your word for it)....while gates are a sign of a team doing well, I think that a good crowd gets the team going. Watching an away game in Italy looks like a really dull night. I can't think the team feel particularly well motivated.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Good seeing Cheetahs attendance up, exciting to compete against SA teams compare etc, including hard grounds, altitude (not sure their home grounds). Excellent twists to new comp. a tour through SA was always hard yards, however most our trips were at least 2 in a row sometimes 3, because of 5 teams, winning half games was a good go, or 2/3.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Bit jealous wish we had a team or 2 up there just for a change, diff challenges. Still recon it was a great plan, I'm prob a bit nieve didn't see it happening until it did. First reaction was barstards how dare they, but good stuff.....

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Forrealz wrote:
Bit jealous wish we had a team or 2 up there just for a change, diff challenges. Still recon it was a great plan, I'm prob a bit nieve didn't see it happening until it did. First reaction was barstards how dare they, but good stuff.....

Perhaps this is the first step in an eventual march towards a global club competition between the Tier One countries. Since rugby has neither the money nor the number of competitive countries that football or even basketball have, it may be the only way it can survive in the long-term as a professional sport.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

Perhaps this is the first step in an eventual march towards a global club competition between the Tier One countries. Since rugby has neither the money nor the number of competitive countries that football or even basketball have, it may be the only way it can survive in the long-term as a professional sport.

Would love to play the NH teams in a tournament, not just a play off but maybe top 4 vrs top 4 where top 4 teams maybe get a second life.
Home finals in these long distances count big time though, super rugby almost always sees the home team win.
Play finals in Asia lol

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

North Korea

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:37 pm

Fids the Blindside wrote:
North Korea

At least you won't need floodlights for evening games as it will all be glowing in the dark in a couple of weeks

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

najbritcol wrote:
So what you are saying, the low attendance of the everyday games cannot be taken in comparative stats unless you include derby matches, which actually falsely inflate the average match attendance across the season.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:08 pm
Profile E-mail