It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:25 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Connacht v Cardiff Blues (Sat 23.09.2017) 
Author Message
International Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:53 pm
Posts: 1426
Location: Kidwelly
Post Re: Connacht v Cardiff Blues (Sat 23.09.2017)
Both sides playing well in this half. Credit to the Blues here. Far better than the 'O's last night.

Try now to bring it square, all on the conversion now. - Great kick too.


Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59361
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Connacht v Cardiff Blues (Sat 23.09.2017)
Terrible defence from Connacht

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:02 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59361
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Connacht v Cardiff Blues (Sat 23.09.2017)
15-17, ref decisions a key factor..Cardiff very lucky

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:03 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 4332
Post Re: Connacht v Cardiff Blues (Sat 23.09.2017)
Langland Exile wrote:
15-17, ref decisions a key factor..Cardiff very lucky


Well its an improvement on last year when it would have been 'Cardiff very lucky- to have come second'

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Online
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Posts: 22788
Location: Cayman Islands
Post Re: Connacht v Cardiff Blues (Sat 23.09.2017)
Neutral ref Connacht would have won that. There wasn't a neutral referee though. Shame.

_________________
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/


Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5293
Post Re: Connacht v Cardiff Blues (Sat 23.09.2017)
String wrote:
Neutral ref Connacht would have won that. There wasn't a neutral referee though. Shame.

Not sure I can agree with that. Connacht lost it in the first half when they couldn't break down the Blues defenses.
What was so un-neutral about the ref? Was he Welsh?

Referee: Marius Mitrea (Italy)

Assistant referees: Andrea Piardi (Italy), Nigel Correll (Italy)

TMO: Stefano Roscini (Italy)


Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:48 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2043
Post Re: Connacht v Cardiff Blues (Sat 23.09.2017)
BigRed wrote:
String wrote:
Neutral ref Connacht would have won that. There wasn't a neutral referee though. Shame.

Not sure I can agree with that. Connacht lost it in the first half when they couldn't break down the Blues defenses.
What was so un-neutral about the ref? Was he Welsh?

Referee: Marius Mitrea (Italy)

Assistant referees: Andrea Piardi (Italy), Nigel Correll (Italy)

TMO: Stefano Roscini (Italy)


Precisely.


Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59361
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Connacht v Cardiff Blues (Sat 23.09.2017)
najbritcol wrote:
BigRed wrote:
String wrote:
Neutral ref Connacht would have won that. There wasn't a neutral referee though. Shame.

Not sure I can agree with that. Connacht lost it in the first half when they couldn't break down the Blues defenses.
What was so un-neutral about the ref? Was he Welsh?

Referee: Marius Mitrea (Italy)

Assistant referees: Andrea Piardi (Italy), Nigel Correll (Italy)

TMO: Stefano Roscini (Italy)


Precisely.


There were a number of iffy decisions including the Cardiff try which was a blatant forward pass, and the non award of a Connacht try in the second half..14 point swing right there...

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:19 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:54 pm
Posts: 4700
Location: Merthyr Tydfil
Post Re: Connacht v Cardiff Blues (Sat 23.09.2017)
Lost count of the times that we have seen Cuthbert jumping out of his line and missing his man


Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:30 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59361
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Connacht v Cardiff Blues (Sat 23.09.2017)
daidimview wrote:
Lost count of the times that we have seen Cuthbert jumping out of his line and missing his man


Yes, that did make me smile.. :D

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:53 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 43920
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Connacht v Cardiff Blues (Sat 23.09.2017)
daidimview wrote:
Lost count of the times that we have seen Cuthbert jumping out of his line and missing his man


Cuthbert was caught 2 on 1 or even 3 on 1 a few times as the Blues defence was outflanked again and again.

Connacht were bloody stupid.

Running up to Cuthbert ahead of the ball and grabbing him with one arm instead of stopping will always lead to a referee calling the play crossing or blocking.

The big lummox grabbed hold of Cuthbert by wrapping his left arm around him. What a dumb thing to do ...

:clown:


Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:35 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cymru am byth and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: