It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Benetton v Ospreys (Fri 22.09.2017) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Benetton v Ospreys (Fri 22.09.2017)
Bouch wrote:
The Ospreys had no penetration at all.

Worse than that, they forced me to change the TV channel.

My lack of interest in an awful game of rugby is fairly obvious.

Just enjoy the moment, BR.

No need to gloat about Ospreys' failures, is there?

:cyclops:

8)

The very last thing I would ever do is to gloat over a Wales region loss. I'm in total depression over last weekend and last night. We have won ONE out of six games.
The Dragons loss last night is understandable. The coach is trying to find a 'first-team squad' and knowing that their chances of beating Ulster away were slender he gave a number of second stringers the chance to prove themselves. Whether or not he learned anything last night we will see in his next squad selection.
Ospreys I'm afraid is another story. That story starts and ends with the coaching team. Spreys have lost 8 of their last 10 league games.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:51 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

You're probably right about the coaches not getting performances from their players.

How do they put that right?

:dontknow:

Right, I'm orf.

Bye for now.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:47 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
You're probably right about the coaches not getting performances from their players.

How do they put that right?

:dontknow:

Right, I'm orf.

Bye for now.

Seven a side in training. Three backs and four forwards each side. Running handling passing between backs and forwards are all a part of modern rugby. If I was the coach I would have them playing sevens rugby until they fall down exhausted. I'm not advocating they stop their normal training but I would like to see more ball handling skills by the Spreys forwards. There does not appear to be any cohesion between forwards and backs. Forwards seem only to be used as a battering ram. Also, take Hassler, I do not think he passed the ball once last night. Re-cycled, yes but recycling gives the opposition time to regroup. Keeping the ball alive is the secret to breaking down the opposition creating gaps to be exploited.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:37 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

The Ospreys are definitely losing one premium player next year with a second's CV being openly circulated - that can't be helping morale.

Add in the uncertainty over the future of the stadium and, possibly, the 2020 changes lurking in the background and things look far from rosy from a player perspective. No-one at the region has any control over these factors so it is hard to see how the management can turn it around even if there are changes to the coaching set up.

Hard times ahead.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:45 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
The Ospreys are definitely losing one premium player next year with a second's CV being openly circulated - that can't be helping morale.

Add in the uncertainty over the future of the stadium and, possibly, the 2020 changes lurking in the background and things look far from rosy from a player perspective. No-one at the region has any control over these factors so it is hard to see how the management can turn it around even if there are changes to the coaching set up.

Hard times ahead.

General decline becomes more deep seated and more difficult to treat.

That, imo, is management neglect.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:08 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Donkka wrote:

Hard times ahead.

Totally agree, when the Owners don't support a business, it is hard to generate enthusiasm at any level.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:47 pm
World XV Player

It is very sad to see this organisation going down the pan!! The regions cant blame the WRU anymore so who is responsible for the mess down the Ospreys?

Is it a jobs for the boys taffia?

Is it that the benefactors are walking away?

The players are!!

Perhaps the players can see that the coaching staff are shite and are jumping ship before they get worse!!

Biggar leaves because he knows Tandy and co are staying!!

Tandy - there is no crisis - yes there is a fekking crisis until you leave because you are out of your depth!!

Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:09 pm
thread ruining clique

If I were one of those Protect our Game folk, I'd be dusting off the old placards and marching on the Liberty. Those in charge of the region are letting their fans down very badly.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:24 pm
World XV Player

well done treviso, but ospreys are very poor. they never looked like scoring

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Not sure how you can pick hardly any Ospreys players for the Welsh squad.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:17 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Donkka wrote:

Hard times ahead.

Totally agree, when the Owners don't support a business, it is hard to generate enthusiasm at any level.

The owners were not on the field. If they were I'm sure they would put more into it than the players did.
Adding insult to injury, the only players looking like they were going to do anything, that is Webb and Dan Evans, were whipped off and replaced with bland players. That said, Harbourfield was OK, but just OK. Hook at 15 was a dead loss. (and at centre really)

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Donkka wrote:

Hard times ahead.

The owners were not on the field.
)

The result ie product of the Ospreys business was on the field.

There is a real analogy with Business.

The 'product' of a Pro Rugby Club is the results achieved by the team interrelated to the bottom line accounts and affordability.

Professional Sport is a business, one recruits, invests, motivates and manages the total to that end result.

The Product is compared to competition and success factors, just like usual business with other related end products.

'Shareholders' hold the executive accountable.

A demotivated, unsuccessful and ill equipped team is the result of the enterprise management.

The Ospreys are becoming an increasingly unsuccessful business... the players, tactics and performance underline the effectiveness or otherwise.

It is directly competitive and the ROI is evident.

Not just spouting business speak .. it IS a business and can be judged similarly and accountability allocated.

I havent heard a squeak from the Ospreys Board.

OK it's not 'big' business but the £10m turnover, # of staff, media circumstance and National team feed and consequence is important?

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:45 pm
World XV Player

And if people dont like the crap served up, they walk. Thats what is happing.
Of the games I have watched this year, I enjoyed ONE scarlet's game.
If the wife says to me next Friday night, lets go out, I will. Usually I say I want to watch rugby, bit it is now hard work.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:

Of course, another business analogy ... customers don't buy the product ;)

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:52 pm
World XV Player

soap wrote:
Of the games I have watched this year, I enjoyed ONE scarlet's game.
If the wife says to me next Friday night, lets go out, I will. Usually I say I want to watch rugby, bit it is now hard work.

With the saturation of product available, whether rugby or other sports, it is not surprising.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:01 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next