It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Benetton v Ospreys (Fri 22.09.2017) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Benetton v Ospreys (Fri 22.09.2017)
Where to now? Lots of defeats with Tandy eventually leaving. He is not up to it. The results and performances in 2017 have been dire and tonight is right up there. Very sad to see them looking so poor and witless.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Sad yet they do not see the folly of a poor coaching staff.

It's much worse than that.

Agree Icey, ....something generally rotten in the Osps.

Coaches are rightly dominant in all aspects of team performance but this is general decadence and my opinion has always been ..the buck stops at the Executive ....it's their business top to bottom.

and they are currently invisible ... they should be full frontal!?

The on the field pervormance is the 'Product' of their business and the brand

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:26 pm
Site Admin

Too many O's players not earning their money, very little commitment from the forwards, no direction from the 9, 10, and no attacking plays from anyone.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
Too many O's players not earning their money, very little commitment from the forwards, no direction from the 9, 10, and no attacking plays from anyone.

On the Cheetahs v Leinster thread I have just made a prediction that Cheetahs will put at least 30 points on Ospreys next week.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

BigRed wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:

On the Cheetahs v Leinster thread I have just made a prediction that Cheetahs will put at least 30 points on Ospreys next week.
You don't need a crystal ball to predict that Red after that pile of shit :D

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

BENETON.......... RORKES DRIFT......

OSPREYS.......... CHARGE OF THE LIGHT BRIGADE.......

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Sad to see such a promising start to regional collapse in ruins.

Bad ownership will do that.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:01 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

JOHNWALES wrote:

Not sure about the analogy, the attack down the valley might have been a witless decision, but the the light brigade displayed an phenomenal level of bravery and commitment, which was not the case with the Ospreys players tonight,

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

eborr wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:

Not sure about the analogy, the attack down the valley might have been a witless decision, but the the light brigade displayed an phenomenal level of bravery and commitment, which was not the case with the Ospreys players tonight,

Spreys were at sixes and sevens. The backup wasn't there it was like watching 15 individuals thinking they can win the match on their own. AND!!!! all that aimless kicking forcing them into endless defense except for about 15 minutes in the second half. Even then it was o so easy for Treviso to defend. They knew exactly what our boys were going to do which was to run into them so defending was easy.
Every Ospreys player had one thought in mind, I'm doing it my way and ran into a barrage of defenders time and again. It wasn't pretty to watch. As for Dan, Dan and Web kicking away endless possession when they needed to attack, such stupidity you couldn't make it up. Do that against the Scarlets and they'll pay heavily.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:22 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Chancy Clancy was very Clancyesque. A yellow card for a minor caress of a player's throat? Of course not.

And the Benetton defence was very Ospreyesque. Well done.

A horrible game to watch, I left it with half an hour to go and I came back to it with 10 minutes to go.

What a mistake that was. The Ospreys were still unable to pierce the Spaghetti Wall.

Can the Ospreys finish in front of the Scarlets this year? You'd expect them to, naturally, but this improvement in the Italian sides has been remarkable.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:06 am
World XV Player

[quote="Tony Panties"][quote="ICEverything"][quote="BigRed"]Sad yet they do not see the folly of a poor coaching staff.[/quote]
It's much worse than that.[/quote]

Agree Icey, ....something generally rotten in the Osps.

Coaches are rightly dominant in all aspects of team performance but this is general decadence and my opinion has always been ..the buck stops at the Executive ....it's their business top to bottom.

The on the field pervormance is the 'Product' of their business and the brand[/quote]

Genuine question. How can last night's performance be blamed on the executive? I would say on paper the Ospreys have a good team made up of lots of youth players, suggesting decent investment in the structure and fairly good retention.

What seemed to be lacking last night was rugby related - direction and execution, not back room issues.

Like I say, no agenda here, I'm genuinely interested.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:20 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Chancy Clancy was very Clancyesque. A yellow card for a minor caress of a player's throat? Of course not.

A horrible game to watch, I left it with half an hour to go and I came back to it with 10 minutes to go.

What a mistake that was. The Ospreys were still unable to pierce the Spaghetti Wall.

Can the Ospreys finish in front of the Scarlets this year? You'd expect them to, naturally, but this improvement in the Italian sides has been remarkable.

I don't think you can put it all down to the improvement in Treviso. I think you are ignoring the problems in the Ospreys inability to mount a meaningful attack. They seem bereft of any attacking ideas, hence trying to rely almost exclusively on the high ball, even when they get it back with interest. I also get the idea that too many of them are relying on recycling as if they do not trust their own players with the ball. If you replay the game you will see that there is very little interaction between forwards and backs a la Scarlets. Sorry about using Scarlets as an example but I just want to make a point. Spreys seem to have a law forwards turn then backs turn never the twain shall meet 'or act in concert'.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:25 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The Ospreys had no penetration at all.

Worse than that, they forced me to change the TV channel.

My lack of interest in an awful game of rugby is fairly obvious.

Just enjoy the moment, BR.

No need to gloat about Ospreys' failures, is there?

:cyclops:

8)

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:39 am
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Bouch wrote:

I don't think you can put it all down to the improvement in Treviso. I think you are ignoring the problems in the Ospreys inability to mount a meaningful attack. They seem bereft of any attacking ideas, hence trying to rely almost exclusively on the high ball, even when they get it back with interest. I also get the idea that too many of them are relying on recycling as if they do not trust their own players with the ball. If you replay the game you will see that there is very little interaction between forwards and backs a la Scarlets. Sorry about using Scarlets as an example but I just want to make a point. Spreys seem to have a law forwards turn then backs turn never the twain shall meet 'or act in concert'.

I think using the Scarlets as an example is perfectly acceptable. They are the means for comparison with the other regions.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:48 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Sad yet they do not see the folly of a poor coaching staff.

It's much worse than that.

[b]Agree Icey, ....something generally rotten in the Osps.

The on the field pervormance is the 'Product' of their business and the brand
[/b]

Genuine question. How can last night's performance be blamed on the executive? I would say on paper the Ospreys have a good team made up of lots of youth players, suggesting decent investment in the structure and fairly good retention.

What seemed to be lacking last night was rugby related - direction and execution, not back room issues.

Like I say, no agenda here, I'm genuinely interested

Cab, something missing in highlighting the posts .. I've highlighted mine and your Q.

A decent team but a poor performance can disguise other sins.

There is a fundamental failure in the set up that seems to continue a poor end to last Season.

Now a team downturn can obviously be Coaching.

Who hires the Coaches?

Motivation can be an issue, ... treatment of players ..bonuses, respect, communications all contribute to that.

Teams whether in Business or Sport or whatever thrive on the virility of the enterprise and recognition of Leadership and investment.

The Stadium issue could well be upsetting some ... that's an executive issue and needs sensitive management.

Biggar leaving and Webb potentially leaving too is a downer ...

General Press and fans dismay another downer.

All that ends as the res^ponsibility for the Enterprise .. ie the EXECUTIVE.

In my opinion it is too easy to point the finger at the Coach ... if it is the case sack him and replace him.

I'm not sure of financial aspect .. should be out soon, .. it has been healthier than the others ... maybe that's an issue too ...

So it is potentially a bigger bag of worms and there's only, ultimately one place where the buck stops.

Given the circumstance I would expect the Executive to be vocal and showing their responsibility??

Hore talks a good talk but ....

In the past the multiple reporting line at the Osps seems overloaded .. eg in the part we had Board, Hore - Operations Exec , Johnson Dir of Rugby; Head Coach and assistant Coach ... I think a flatter more direct line is adviable...

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:50 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next