It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Ulster vs Scarlets, Friday 
World XV Player

Post Ulster vs Scarlets, Friday
Complete team news when available.

Coetzee and Puitau miss out for the Ulstermen, according to this BBC article:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41239422

and news from the Scarlets camp on this BBC article:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41240283

British Broadcasting Corporation 2017

Match is live on BBC 2 Wales (971 on the handset) from 7.30pm and also on BBC 2 NI (972 on the handset) from 7.25pm on Friday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Ulster vs Scarlets, Friday
My feeling is that this wil be very close, perhaps only 3 points in it either way, by the end; Ulster will have to watch the blind side, as that's where the Scarlets capitalized against us in the P12 P/O semis, last season; also need to be aware of Llanelli's offloading game all over the park, TBH.

Ulster have power, it's whether they'll get to use it and McCloskey (if he plays) needs to punch holes; problem is, the British Lion he has to contend with, across the gainline.

Sean

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:

Match is live on BBC 2 Wales (971 on the handset) from 7.30pm and also on BBC 2 NI (972 on the handset) from 7.25pm on Friday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean

Coetzee with his dodgy knees must be getting Ulster worried that he could be another early retirement like Ferris.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Fingal wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:

Sean

Coetzee with his dodgy knees must be getting Ulster worried that he could be another early retirement like Ferris.

Ferris was and still is, a huge loss to Irish rugby and they really could have done with Coetzee and Puitau for this one.

They're losing Puitau nerxt season, in any event so may need to extract every contribution that they can, elsewhere.

Sean

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Home field is worth a few points, and some of the TMO decisions at Ravenhill have been remarkable. :D

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:05 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Home field is worth a few points, and some of the TMO decisions at Ravenhill have been remarkable. :D

Bookies, at the mo, have Ulster by 3.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:51 pm
World XV Player

I'm expecting the Scarlets to field a strong side. But Ulster away is usually a bit too much for most sides. Looking at whose unavailable for Ulster - it could be a good time to play them.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:54 pm
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
My feeling is that this wil be very close, perhaps only 3 points in it either way, by the end; Ulster will have to watch the blind side, as that's where the Scarlets capitalized against us in the P12 P/O semis, last season; also need to be aware of Llanelli's offloading game all over the park, TBH.

Ulster have power, it's whether they'll get to use it and McCloskey (if he plays) needs to punch holes; problem is, the British Lion he has to contend with, across the gainline.

Sean

Welcome back, should be a good year!

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:00 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
I'm expecting the Scarlets to field a strong side. But Ulster away is usually a bit too much for most sides. Looking at whose unavailable for Ulster - it could be a good time to play them.

I like it when away teams win at Ravenshill ...oops sorry Kingspan ;)

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:00 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Ulster at home in particular are a strong side for sure. However, let's not get carried away here - they seem to have several injuries, are still resting their Lions, have lost Olding and Jackson until God knows when due to the impending rape trial, only just squeezed past Treviso last week, lost at home to the Scarlets two seasons ago and even the Blues drew with them there last season.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:

Sean

Welcome back, should be a good year!

:thumbup:

Sean

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:

Sean

TBQH Scarlets have had two very easy matches so far this year. Although the results appear to be quite flattering, I'm not altogether convinced they are where they were last year when they took Munster and Leinster to the cleaners.
If they can change over at HT with some sort of parity I think they can beat Ulster. In the first half of both their opening games, they weren't at all convincing.
If Ulster gives away too many turnover balls they could pay dearly, because if there is one side in the Pro 14 that can take advantage of turnovers it is Scarlets.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

When we think back to the pre season threads on the Ospreys, Dragons and Blues, there was a surprising amount of positivity and expectation. I'm not sure what that was based on , Corry Allen being built up as a big signing etc. Its the same each year.

What the Scarlets achieved last season was beyond expectation, the challenge is can they build on it and have they created a squad that people can watch, knowing that their expectation of desired effort and skill is a given, even if the result is in the balance against top sides. No welsh regions has really hit consistency, will the Scarlets be the first. Knock out stage in Europe would be a further step forward?

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
When we think back to the pre season threads on the Ospreys, Dragons and Blues, there was a surprising amount of positivity and expectation. I'm not sure what that was based on , Corry Allen being built up as a big signing etc. Its the same each year.

What the Scarlets achieved last season was beyond expectation, the challenge is can they build on it and have they created a squad that people can watch, knowing that their expectation of desired effort and skill is a given, even if the result is in the balance against top sides. No welsh regions has really hit consistency, will the Scarlets be the first. Knock out stage in Europe would be a further step forward?

Stop posting good sense BS! ... it confronts wishful thinking and offsets the Welsh joy of eventual melancholy! :D

Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:42 am
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:

Stop posting good sense BS! ... it confronts wishful thinking and offsets the Welsh joy of eventual melancholy! :D

Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:42 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next