It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:56 pm

Edinburgh v Dragons (Fri) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Edinburgh v Dragons (Fri)
Angus O'Brien and Owain Leonard are out of their depth. Time for Dragons to have a re-think. Most of the Dragons break downs came from one or other of the two, plus some woeful tackling.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
FT 35 - 18.
One of the most frustrating games I've ever watched.
I hope the coach takes note. You cannot bring in a one trick pony to replace a master.
O'brien is a one trick pony, Henson is a master.
Dragons were looking great until Sam Beard went off, then moving Henson out of ten when he was controlling the game to 12 was stupidity. Absolutely frustrating.

You were lucky you didn't watch the Blues.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:35 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
BigRed wrote:
FT 35 - 18.
I hope the coach takes note. You cannot bring in a one trick pony to replace a master.
Dragons were looking great until Sam Beard went off, then moving Henson out of ten when he was controlling the game to 12 was stupidity. Absolutely frustrating.

Hopefully, things improve tomorrow. :D

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

I thought Henson was very good at 10, the other fella not so much. Why move him ?

Dragons have got the makings of a decent side, just need a couple or three decent players to slot in plus a bit of self belief and of course, luck and they will surprise some of the bigger, more fancied teams over this season.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
I thought Henson was very good at 10, the other fella not so much. Why move him ?

Dragons have got the makings of a decent side, just need a couple or three decent players to slot in plus a bit of self belief and of course, luck and they will surprise some of the bigger, more fancied teams over this season.

Maybe the new Chairman may take over the club and get some investment...I doubt the WRU would be allowed to write cheques for better players.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:45 am
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
BigRed wrote:
FT 35 - 18.

Leinster's control of the referee was very good, I thought.

I switched over after the third "event".

:D

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:58 am
World XV Player

It's all a bit loose from dragons at moment and jackman has to look at the contact area. Very few times dragons players win the contact

They did improve up front and brown and keddie will be better for a run of games. Kirchner is fairly average. I would think about Amos to full back and someone else on wing

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
It's all a bit loose from dragons at moment and jackman has to look at the contact area. Very few times dragons players win the contact

They did improve up front and brown and keddie will be better for a run of games. Kirchner is fairly average. I would think about Amos to full back and someone else on wing

Surprised how poor kirchener has been to be honest

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:44 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Regional Junior Player

Where is the W.R.U. investment to bring the Dragons up to a competitive standard !!

Are they really interested in the rugby team, or Rodney Parade as a lucrative asset when the Dragons take their final kick into touch !!

We have one successful team in the Pro 14; a second which is on a decline, the Blues who do not know if they are coming or going, and finally the Dragons.

The Blues and Scarlets should be rebranded as Cardiff and Llanelli, to avoid issues of their away kit not corresponding to their regional name, and it would be appropriate for the other two regions to go back to Newport and Swansea.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:35 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

JOHNWALES wrote:
Where is the W.R.U. investment to bring the Dragons up to a competitive standard !!

Are they really interested in the rugby team, or Rodney Parade as a lucrative asset when the Dragons take their final kick into touch !!

We have one successful team in the Pro 14; a second which is on a decline, the Blues who do not know if they are coming or going, and finally the Dragons.

The Blues and Scarlets should be rebranded as Cardiff and Llanelli, to avoid issues of their away kit not corresponding to their regional name, and it would be appropriate for the other two regions to go back to Newport and Swansea.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:15 am
World XV Player

To be fair to the WRU, they have only just taken over the Dragons. To expect a huge change only a couple of games into the season is a bit much. I would hope that their firdt aim would be to ensure that the off the field aspects are put into place. They jave a new manager who needs time to bed in, report back what he needs and then improve.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:56 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Agreed in 3 months they have fixed the pitch, brought in a new coach and appointed a Chairman with real business experience. That's more than the last lot did in 10 years, including the WRU chairman ;)

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:42 pm
World XV Player

its going to be along slog at the dragons with the quality of player available and lack of experience

Front row containing two kids played over 70 mins on Friday. Says it all about the faith in the squad

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:36 pm
Profile E-mail