Leinster v Cardiff Blues 7:35 PM RDS Arena, Dublin
Edinburgh v Dragons 7:35 PM Myreside, Edinburgh

Saturday, September 9

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys 3:15 PM Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow
Benetton Treviso v Ulster 5:05 PM Stadio Comunale di Monigo, Treviso
Munster v Cheetahs 5:15 PM Thomond Park, Limerick
Connacht v Southern Kings 7:35 PM Sportsground, Galway
Zebre v Scarlets 7:35 PM Stadio Lanfranchi, Parma

No place to hide for Ospreys, Blues and Dragons, could define their season.
As regards Scarlets, playing in Italy could be a banana skin.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Pro 14 Matches - 8th & 9th September 2017
Tomorrow night could be the moment of truth for Blues and Dragons.
Both lost at home last weekend, now both are away to each other's opponents from last weekend.
Out of the two, my money is on the Dragons to improve on their last week's performance.
Mind you, the Blues do spring surprises, but I wouldn't bet my mortgage on them to do so against Leinster.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Both lost at home last weekend, now both are away to each other's opponents from last weekend.
Out of the two, my money is on the Dragons to improve on their last week's performance.
Mind you, the Blues do spring surprises, but I wouldn't bet my mortgage on them to do so against Leinster.

Both teams disappoint, what's new pussycat? :dontknow:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

Disappointing night for Blues and Glasgow. Why the hell don't they just call the Blues 'Cardiff' . It must be very confusing for those not too familiar with the game to hear commentators referring to the Blues when they are wearing pink shirts and playing a game against a side in Blue !!

Having been a great supporter of Matthew Morgan over the years, a player who at times has electrified the game in the same way as the G W R are predicting, I now feel his ploys are common knowledge world wide, and his breaks are becoming a rarity. I feel his time in the Pro 14 are limited; perhaps he would be better off signing for one of the Italian sides. Gavin Henson held the Dragons together at 10, but I guess this will be his last season, and if he continues to get a start, how will Angus O'Brien feel who was one of the Dragons few stars last season. When are the W R U going to inject cash into the Dragons; will they wait until all is lost.

The Ospreys have the hardest task this week end, and the Scarlets should not go to Zebre assuming 5 points.
The Italians will not fall down too easily on their home patch.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

JOHNWALES wrote:
Disappointing night for Blues and Glasgow. Why the hell don't they just call the Blues 'Cardiff' . It must be very confusing for those not too familiar with the game to hear commentators referring to the Blues when they are wearing pink shirts and playing a game against a side in Blue !!

Having been a great supporter of Matthew Morgan over the years, a player who at times has electrified the game in the same way as the G W R are predicting, I now feel his ploys are common knowledge world wide, and his breaks are becoming a rarity. I feel his time in the Pro 14 are limited; perhaps he would be better off signing for one of the Italian sides. Gavin Henson held the Dragons together at 10, but I guess this will be his last season, and if he continues to get a start, how will Angus O'Brien feel who was one of the Dragons few stars last season. When are the W R U going to inject cash into the Dragons; will they wait until all is lost.

The Ospreys have the hardest task this week end, and the Scarlets should not go to Zebre assuming 5 points.
The Italians will not fall down too easily on their home patch.

JW The Dragons were on top with Henson controlling the game. Unfortunately, the Dragons 12 went off so Henson was moved to 12 to accommodate Angus O'brien. Immediately the Dragons structure fell apart and holes started appearing.
O'Brien, I'm afraid, is not is the same class as Henson when it comes to controlling the game. When Leonard came on then things got really even worse.
Depth is truly lacking with the Dragons. When you have a real class ten and you have to move him out of position to accommodate a lesser player, that is not good for the classy ten or the team. There is a history of this happening in Wales, Hook, Henson, Priestland & etc.
Last season when Scarlets had only one fly half of note they resisted playing an inferior flyhalf but kept their structure which eventually proved to be the right option.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Semipro teams can only go so far..

Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:38 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Semipro teams can only go so far..

Make that three teams disappoint. Ospreys lose 31 - 10.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:39 pm
Profile E-mail