It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:54 am

Just a thought 
World XV Player

Post Just a thought
If the two Saffer teams are completely outclassed for the rest of this season, would SA not be wanting to send two of their top teams into the Pro 14 next year?
OK, still early days, the Saffer teams were unfortunate to draw two teams who finished near the top of the PRO 12 last year in their first match.
Interested to see how they fare against Dragons, Blues, and the Italian teams.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:13 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Just a thought
Hard to know but if they are really shit, it's not really helping the league.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:15 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
If the two Saffer teams are completely outclassed for the rest of this season, would SA not be wanting to send two of their top teams into the Pro 14 next year?
OK, still early days, the Saffer teams were unfortunate to draw two teams who finished near the top of the PRO 12 last year in their first match.

I don't think Cheetahs will be.
They faced Ulster at Ravenhill and did well.
They'll be difficult at home and on altitude.

Did you watch the Uls/Cheet match?

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:18 am
World XV Player

........and Kings will take a few scalps in my opinion. They're a few players short of a very good team Their backs are very dangerous given some space.

Both teams played top Pro14 opposition and this was their first game in the UK. I expect both sides to improve and be very competitive as the season goes on.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:46 am
International Player

Both sides showed plenty of promise.
Plenty more to come by the looks of it.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:54 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

SH is nearing the end of their season. When the season ends some of the top players could be tempted to switch to Cheetahs and Southern Kings to get NH exposure.
Just carrying on with the thought :D

Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
SH is nearing the end of their season. When the season ends some of the top players could be tempted to switch to Cheetahs and Southern Kings to get NH exposure.

Whilst players are retained by Super qualified teams it's unlikely.
However, I believe that there will be a SA exodus towards N Hemp probably related to entry into Euro fold and within EPCR governance.
I foresee, as previously expressed, a broadening Conference to include the franglais as the ultimate objective.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:44 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:

However, I believe that there will be a SA exodus towards N Hemp probably related to entry into Euro fold and within EPCR governance.
I foresee, as previously expressed, a broadening Conference to include the franglais as the ultimate objective.

Pigs may fly...

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

SA semi pro nobodies and the Italians here to stroke ego's no more no less

Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:08 pm
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Pigs may fly...

Then go shooting for pork but be careful, could shoot yourself in your trotter ;)

If better SA clubs join N Nemp, they'll want euro competition.
The only route is EPCR.
Already talks, although denied, by SA nd EPCR.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:21 pm
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:

One bunch of players had been together for 3 weeks, they will improve.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:27 am
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:

PS :

Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:

I don't think Cheetahs will be.
They faced Ulster at Ravenhill and did well.
They'll be difficult at home and on altitude.

Did you watch the Uls/Cheet match?

??

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:05 am
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
SA semi pro nobodies and the Italians here to stroke ego's no more no less

Err, the money they bring is surely the main reason they are there?

Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:02 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:

This is the start of a building exercise for them. I'm not sure performance will matter as much as exploring potential revenue opportunities for SARU.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:04 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

tom21 wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:

This is the start of a building exercise for them. I'm not sure performance will matter as much as exploring potential revenue opportunities for SARU.

Thinus Delport is of the opinion that it is early days to judge the two Saffer teams. This is his take on the two teams.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41142526

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:37 pm
Profile E-mail