It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Watching rugby 
World XV Player

Post Watching rugby
Often on Fridays in the season, I sit down watching the rugby. I maybe get a couple of beers, perhaps some wine. The children have gone to bed and at about 7 I remind my wofe that the is rugby on soon. She normally sighs and lets me watch it... "This week it will be a good match" I promise her. By half time, I've sworn and complained about the knock ons, she looks up from her book and heads off to bed fed up with the game and my annoyance at it. As she heads of she complains and every time reminds me of something that I already know - the game is going to be boring...

I'm worrying that Gardner's World as an option is becoming more preferable!

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Watching rugby
Cymru am byth wrote:
Often on Fridays in the season, I sit down watching the rugby. I maybe get a couple of beers, perhaps some wine. The children have gone to bed and at about 7 I remind my wofe that the is rugby on soon. She normally sighs and lets me watch it... "This week it will be a good match" I promise her. By half time, I've sworn and complained about the knock ons, she looks up from her book and heads off to bed fed up with the game and my annoyance at it. As she heads of she complains and every time reminds me of something that I already know - the game is going to be boring...

I'm worrying that Gardner's World as an option is becoming more preferable!

Gardner's? Steady.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:59 am
World XV Player

That 20 minute scrum in injury time out in Paris did it for me. Cheating and pushing the rules to breaking point has always been part of the game but that was on another level. I watched the Ireland England game afterwards and that was the last 80 minutes I watched. i did try with the league games after the 6N but never saw one through to the end.

Watching rugby was a habit, I broke the habit to no adverse effects, I put it on par with Div 3 midget hurling now, irrelevant to me

Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:05 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

I said in the match thread that I turned the sound down after 20 mins and watched something on the computer while occasionally glancing at the TV. It's getting to the point that if The Blues or Dragons are on I won't even bother to turn it on

Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Still prefer live to the tv, after watching the game on telly last night ,I was left wishing I had gone to Eugene Cross.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The Blues or Dragons matches are boring. The Ospreys are often boring too. I didn't see the Scarlets game but I hope they will carry on. They were the only team I enjoyed watching last year.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:38 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I watch the live matches on tv if I can or record them.
the Dragons are frustrating to watch. The Ospreys you always feel they should do better and the Blues are so unpredictable. The Scarlets play the best stuff even when they get beat. I suppose I'm stupidly loyal to Welsh rugby. I am unable to go to live games where I live but try to get to see the national team at least once a year.
I just want to see good rugby now. I go and watch my local club and when I'm home, Burry Port. I think I would prefer to watch club rugby than the disappointment the Welsh region dish up.
I don't watch any English premiership games as it is usually powerful but boring.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:51 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Leight, you go an watch the Scarlets when you are home and you won't be disappointed. 8)

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:01 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Leight, you go an watch the Scarlets when you are home and you won't be disappointed. 8)

I do when I can Rob!

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:42 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Not sure what the point of this thread is

Rugby is crap or the regions?

Rugby is a great game but like many sports there is too much on, and our regions being pretty poor doesn't help.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

My friday ritual goes like this - get home from work at 5.20, if I pop in to the shops on the way I get in for about 5.45. Start putting a curry together and have a beer or wine whilst cooking (I use a sauce in a jar but I do cut the chicken!!). If its a 7.05 ko I sit down to my curry and a beer listening to that gobshite Jiffy. This is my old routine which is at the start of the season but within a couple of weeks I cant be arsed because the rugby is shite and I lose interest and end up with it in the background or recording it. Last year I thought it was one of the worst rugby years I had experienced.

I'm watching the highlights on CH5 for the Aviva, looks great but highlights dont show the full picture.

One of the reasons I think Im losing interest is our national side isnt inspiring which is trickling down.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:41 pm
World XV Player

A wise man once said Welsh rugby is a mugs game

I think the entire game of pro rugby is now a mugs game.

Money and the ref decide who win.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:07 pm
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:

So the ref decides when Scarlets win. regularly?

Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:26 pm
International Player

Tony Panties wrote:

So the ref decides when Scarlets win. regularly?[/quote

No Tel, just when we lose lol.

Really sad to read the above. In my case, I go to a Scarlets game, enjoy thoroughly on the terrace in the middle of a group of mates, cheer them on and occasionally doubt the ref's parentage, sing my heart out, then debate the result ad nauseum in the following days in person and online. - Then I look forward to the next game and look forward to those away trips............

Seriously though guys, instead of expending all this energy in negative comments and thoughts on a forum, get to a ground and enjoy it the way you used to - it's a habit you know...............

Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:52 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

So the ref decides when Scarlets win. regularly?

ah, Tel, hmmm

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:20 pm