It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Cardiff Blues v Edinburgh 
World XV Player

Post Re: Cardiff Blues v Edinburgh
BigRed wrote:
10 - 20 after 58 mins. Blues looking totally disorganized.

There has to be a question mark over coaching.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

error, wrong match :D

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:01 pm
Regional Junior Player

Not a surprise is it? A team which contains 50y old props and hookers, as well as journeymen like Welsh and Cook is going to struggle isn't it. The pack and its lack of physicality is the big problem. If a team as poor as Edinburgh is beating Cardiff comfortably away from home then god help them for the rest of the season. So poor (again).

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blues are been shown up in virtually every phase of the game.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:08 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

I'm not watching it as I am on holiday in Gran Canaria. All the same, this is really disappointing by the Blues, especially given their win over a strong Exeter side the other week and the fact that they have had a very positive winning ratio over Edinburgh.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Very poor both in defence and attack - they'll be in contention for bugger-all again this season based on this showing.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

They have the components, but not clicking. Centres selfish and inflexible too.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Worrying thing for Cardiff is Edinburgh didn't look like losing the game right from the off.

Scoreline flattered Cardiff. They were lucky not to ship another fourteen points towards the end.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:29 pm
Profile E-mail

Well I lasted 20 mins before turning the sound down and catching up with some stuff I've d/led on the computer
So who will have the blame? Morgan, Clancy or Ponty?

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Try conceded by Blues. I'm already worried about the Blues after just 12 minutes of the first match of the season. :dontknow:
0 -7 after 12 minutes.

In the rest of the game, I saw no reason to change my opinion made after just 12 minutes of the first half.
To start off I would ditch Taufa'ao Filise & Nick Williams and develop some young Welsh talent. It was noticeable that the scrum improved when the youngster Kirby Myhill came on. Josh Navidi was also an improvement on Nick Williams. Tom James looked sharp but our center pairing was never in the game on defense or attack.
Foreign is not always the answer, it has its place in the broad scheme of things but I think Wales has better than Taufa'ao Filise. Nick Williams, Rey Lee-Lo & Willis Halaholo.
Maybe it's also time to bring on a good SH coach, they are two a penny in South Africa and NZ where they know something about rugby.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The front row selection suggested they were more worried about the opposition that their own game. Disagree the scrum improved with myhill on, myhill is a limited player and the old timers were pretty good in the set piece

However, and understandably they struggle with dynamism and contribution around the park

Blues back row were crap, no direction from 10

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Try conceded by Blues. I'm already worried about the Blues after just 12 minutes of the first match of the season. :dontknow:
0 -7 after 12 minutes.

In the rest of the game, I saw no reason to change my opinion made after just 12 minutes of the first half.
To start off I would ditch Taufa'ao Filise & Nick Williams and develop some young Welsh talent. It was noticeable that the scrum improved when the youngster Kirby Myhill came on. Josh Navidi was also an improvement on Nick Williams. Tom James looked sharp but our center pairing was never in the game on defense or attack.
Foreign is not always the answer, it has its place in the broad scheme of things but I think Wales has better than Taufa'ao Filise. Nick Williams, Rey Lee-Lo & Willis Halaholo.
Maybe it's also time to bring on a good SH coach, they are two a penny in South Africa and NZ where they know something about rugby.

The problem is Filise did his job and did it well, when the scrums went ahead Cardiff did well but when Filise went off for a bit the young up and coming starlet was mashed. When the three young players were on the scrum disintegrated. As for the Lee Lo and Halaholo plenty of aggression and endeavor but lacking in skills.

Where are the talented Welsh players capable of doing better, that is the problem.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
I'm not watching it as I am on holiday in Gran Canaria. All the same, this is really disappointing by the Blues, especially given their win over a strong Exeter side the other week and the fact that they have had a very positive winning ratio over Edinburgh.

Pre season means nothing

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:27 pm
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:
0 -7 after 12 minutes.

The problem is Filise did his job and did it well, when the scrums went ahead Cardiff did well but when Filise went off for a bit the young up and coming starlet was mashed. When the three young players were on the scrum disintegrated. As for the Lee Lo and Halaholo plenty of aggression and endeavor but lacking in skills.

Where are the talented Welsh players capable of doing better, that is the problem.

About 55 miles west ;)

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:28 pm

Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Pre season means nothing

Arguably not, but their considerable winning ratio over Edinburgh - circa 70% - does.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:36 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next