It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Cardiff Blues v Edinburgh 
World XV Player

Post Re: Cardiff Blues v Edinburgh
Langland Exile wrote:
Blindside wrote:
BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Try conceded by Blues. I'm already worried about the Blues after just 12 minutes of the first match of the season. :dontknow:
0 -7 after 12 minutes.

In the rest of the game, I saw no reason to change my opinion made after just 12 minutes of the first half.
To start off I would ditch Taufa'ao Filise & Nick Williams and develop some young Welsh talent. It was noticeable that the scrum improved when the youngster Kirby Myhill came on. Josh Navidi was also an improvement on Nick Williams. Tom James looked sharp but our center pairing was never in the game on defense or attack.
Foreign is not always the answer, it has its place in the broad scheme of things but I think Wales has better than Taufa'ao Filise. Nick Williams, Rey Lee-Lo & Willis Halaholo.
Maybe it's also time to bring on a good SH coach, they are two a penny in South Africa and NZ where they know something about rugby.

The problem is Filise did his job and did it well, when the scrums went ahead Cardiff did well but when Filise went off for a bit the young up and coming starlet was mashed. When the three young players were on the scrum disintegrated. As for the Lee Lo and Halaholo plenty of aggression and endeavor but lacking in skills.

Where are the talented Welsh players capable of doing better, that is the problem.

About 55 miles west ;)

Made i larf :D

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
I'm not watching it as I am on holiday in Gran Canaria. All the same, this is really disappointing by the Blues, especially given their win over a strong Exeter side the other week and the fact that they have had a very positive winning ratio over Edinburgh.

Pre season means nothing

Arguably not, but their considerable winning ratio over Edinburgh - circa 70% - does.

But on today's match their previous games don't mean a lot. The Blues have to improve.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:46 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
The front row selection suggested they were more worried about the opposition that their own game. Disagree the scrum improved with myhill on, myhill is a limited player and the old timers were pretty good in the set piece

However, and understandably they struggle with dynamism and contribution around the park

Blues back row were crap, no direction from 10

agree with all of this, the starting front row were pretty good, Rhys Gill impressed again, better option than Nicky Smith for the national side. The kicking game of Cardiff was awful, Edinborough's was better, as was their game at the breakdown.

Clancy spoiled the game as he always does, but he cannot be blamed for the loss, or the performance.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

eborr wrote:

Clancy spoiled the game as he always does, but he cannot be blamed for the loss, or the performance.

Clancy is a game killer. His ability to dither is unsurpassed.

He was stood a couple of yards from the try that wasn't and clearly said the ball was short of the line. He had an unobstructed view of the incident.

Unbelievably, he asked the TMO to check what he'd seen from 8 or 10 feet. That took enough time for both sets of forwards to get their breath back ....

77 minutes, 78 minutes on the clock, :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: and the scrum came and went ... 80 minutes came and went, 81 minutes came and went ..... :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

There can be 5 or 10 seconds left in American Football and you can still see crucial action; with Clancy the rugby action very often ends with 10 minutes left to play ...

Only 36 minutes left, Captain. Do you want to talk about anything?

Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:57 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
eborr wrote:

Clancy is a game killer. His ability to dither is unsurpassed.

He was stood a couple of yards from the try that wasn't and clearly said the ball was short of the line. He had an unobstructed view of the incident.

Unbelievably, he asked the TMO to check what he'd seen from 8 or 10 feet. That took enough time for both sets of forwards to get their breath back ....

77 minutes, 78 minutes on the clock, :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: and the scrum came and went ... 80 minutes came and went, 81 minutes came and went ..... :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

There can be 5 or 10 seconds left in American Football and you can still see crucial action; with Clancy the rugby action very often ends with 10 minutes left to play ...

Only 36 minutes left, Captain. Do you want to talk about anything?

The Blues were shit though.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:21 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Their backrow was vilified by some.

Quite unfairly, I thought - everyone was crap, no need to point a finger at any one combination.

:(

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:52 am
thread ruining clique

Sounds like the Blues season is over. :D

Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:15 pm