It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:52 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Scarlets v Southern Kings 
World XV Player

Post Re: Scarlets v Southern Kings
Good handling by reserve forwards.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:14 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

FT 57-10. Granted, the Kings have been in disarray, but still this was a big victory. Given the other three results for Welsh pro teams this weekend - a shock loss, a severe loss and a not-really-a-win - this shall put some smiles on faces at least.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Continued where they left off, their style is becoming second nature.

Shows the value of wise NWQ purchases too (although some will qualify)

James Davies is perpetual'motion and part of an excellent balanced back row.

Difficult, of course, to judge real value.

Kings looked disjointed and are, at the mo, makeshift. Cheetahs looked a lot better.

Wonderful start, better support.....good ambiance, ...

On a roll but .....we'll have to wait for the stiff opposition.

Congrats to squad and Coaches have made a fantastic effect in a limited time.

Hope the business can continue to support it as deserved.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:45 pm
Regional Junior Player

Kings had a lot of style, but they will need to improve a great deal to compete in this league. The alternative is to challenge the Italians for the spoon.

The Scarlets appear to have quality in depth and Wayne Pivac faces a big problem in who to leave out.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:29 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Competent win plenty to do so an overall encouraging start!

Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:35 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

I think any team would have struggled against the Scarlets yesterday. They have picked up where they left off last season. Kings will win their share of games for sure; especially at home.

After the Pro12 final last season, Munster sent a congratulatory note into the Scarlets changing room saying they knew what was coming but couldn't stop them. They looked just as potent yesterday, even without Foxy who will be back and Sanjay who won't.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:19 am
World XV Player

We were a bit rusty in the first half and butchered about three tries and shipped one. The second half saw a much more clinical side take the field, Wayne must have read the riot act in the dressing room. They were far more composed going through the phases and not forcing the passes (hail Mary passes).
Southern Kings welcome to NH rugby. :D

Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:52 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

good start to the season, looks like we'll be in the fight again this year. some great play between backs and forwards and all put in a shift. :clap:

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:24 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

James Davies still number one 7 in Wales. When are the Wales selectors going to select him? I mean what is so heinous about anything he has or may have done. Surely Wales must come first ahead of nonsense.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
James Davies still number one 7 in Wales. When are the Wales selectors going to select him? I mean what is so heinous about anything he has or may have done. Surely Wales must come first ahead of nonsense.

Undoubtedly, imo, earns his place in the squad.
I don't know the extent of any follies that may exempt him though.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:40 pm
Club Player

Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Undoubtedly, imo, earns his place in the squad.
I don't know the extent of any follies that may exempt him though.

Try sarcasm/slagging off Gatland live on national TV - as I've posted previously. Reckon he 'ain't going to get a sniff while the current coaching cartel is in power, more's the pity.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Which shows how pathetic they are. He will leave Wales soon I would think.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:04 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:

Where will he go? He'll not get into England, but he may have a Scottish grandmother or grandfather. They will welcome him with open arms. :D

Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

Where will he go? He'll not get into England, but he may have a Scottish grandmother or grandfather. They will welcome him with open arms. :D

He will more valuable as a 60 minute club player in England or France with no international call ups. I hope his brother will continue to be a moderating force.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:40 pm
Regional Junior Player

W G is holding Wales back; and trying to put forward a game plan more suited to New Zealanders than Welshmen. Wales need to adopt the style portrayed by the Scarlets; and to do this they need a coaching team spearheaded with Sean Holley and Wayne Pivac. There is an excellent coaching set up at PyS, and Pivac could take on a dual roll with both Wales and the Scarlets.

You would think that the Blues and Dragons would be the hub of rugby excellence; but there was not much evidence this week end that much was going to change from last season.

I would like to see London Scottish and London Welsh join the Pro 14. Both clubs would have to find investors to enable them to sign players of quality. But there is a lot of money in the capital , and London could be an attractive proposition for a lot of top players.

I just hope the league is

Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next