It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Ospreys v Bath 
World XV Player

Post Ospreys v Bath
Ospreys 14 - Bath 28
A rather disappointing game. A team lacking coaches of the calibre of Wayne Pivac and Stephen Jones.
I thought the Ospreys were pretty good on defence, but defences eventually break down under constant attack.
This is what happened to Ospreys today.
I was dismayed at the Ospreys inability to find, or not wanting to find, a team mate on an attack. Resulting in the breakdown of the attack and either losing the ball or giving away a penalty.
I got a distinct impression that the man with the ball didn't appear to trust his team mate and would rather try to get through on his own rather than pass. Then whenever they did manage to get into their opponents 25, time and again they depended on the 'hail Mary' pass rather than having the patience to find players who were available. They lacked the patience to keep recycling the ball and putting pressure on the opposition. Promising field positions broke down very quickly and found themselves backtracking into their own half.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:51 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Ospreys v Bath
Anyone know where I might find the highlights?

Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:13 pm
Profile E-mail

I was there. Around 40% of the Ospreys team were academy players, so little surprise they lost to what was a fairly strong Bath outfit. That said, I was still shocked at how awful the Ospreys' set-piece was, and had their defence not been (relatively speaking) so good the scoreline could've been a whole lot worse. Also, Tandy should have made far more changes at half-time - it was telling that the Ospreys finally started to threaten with Giles' and Watkin's introductions.

N.B. This thread should not be in this section, as it was neither a Pro14 nor an AWC match as such.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Troron wrote:

Don't know about video highlights, but Wales Online has some photos:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... e-13503848

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:10 pm
Profile E-mail

najbritcol wrote:
Troron wrote:

I try to avoid WO but I suppose it will do. Reading the U18 victory was like reading a piece of wartime propaganda.

EDIT and all the pictures are Ospreys...

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
I was there. Around 40% of the Ospreys team were academy players, so little surprise they lost to what was a fairly strong Bath outfit. That said, I was still shocked at how awful the Ospreys' set-piece was, and had their defence not been (relatively speaking) so good the scoreline could've been a whole lot worse. Also, Tandy should have made far more changes at half-time - it was telling that the Ospreys finally started to threaten with Giles' and Watkin's introductions.

N.B. This thread should not be in this section, as it was neither a Pro14 nor an AWC match as such

Are you sure about that? The match was a cross border Tournament and billed as:
Bath took the Canterbury Cup honours at the Liberty Stadium.
:D

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

N.B. This thread should not be in this section, as it was neither a Pro14 nor an AWC match as such.

Will be interesting to see how he goes this season. Hopefully he stays injury free and can make a real impact.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:41 pm
Profile E-mail

tom21 wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Will be interesting to see how he goes this season. Hopefully he stays injury free and can make a real impact.

+1

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:45 pm
Profile E-mail

Troron wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Troron wrote:

I try to avoid WO but I suppose it will do. Reading the U18 victory was like reading a piece of wartime propaganda.

EDIT and all the pictures are Ospreys...

The Ospreys have now released a highlights video: http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/49762

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:21 pm
Profile E-mail