It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:18 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Ospreys v Bath 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5261
Post Ospreys v Bath
Ospreys 14 - Bath 28
A rather disappointing game. A team lacking coaches of the calibre of Wayne Pivac and Stephen Jones.
I thought the Ospreys were pretty good on defence, but defences eventually break down under constant attack.
This is what happened to Ospreys today.
I was dismayed at the Ospreys inability to find, or not wanting to find, a team mate on an attack. Resulting in the breakdown of the attack and either losing the ball or giving away a penalty.
I got a distinct impression that the man with the ball didn't appear to trust his team mate and would rather try to get through on his own rather than pass. Then whenever they did manage to get into their opponents 25, time and again they depended on the 'hail Mary' pass rather than having the patience to find players who were available. They lacked the patience to keep recycling the ball and putting pressure on the opposition. Promising field positions broke down very quickly and found themselves backtracking into their own half.


Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:51 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 am
Posts: 2173
Post Re: Ospreys v Bath
Anyone know where I might find the highlights?

_________________
Image


Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:13 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1966
Post Re: Ospreys v Bath
I was there. Around 40% of the Ospreys team were academy players, so little surprise they lost to what was a fairly strong Bath outfit. That said, I was still shocked at how awful the Ospreys' set-piece was, and had their defence not been (relatively speaking) so good the scoreline could've been a whole lot worse. Also, Tandy should have made far more changes at half-time - it was telling that the Ospreys finally started to threaten with Giles' and Watkin's introductions.

N.B. This thread should not be in this section, as it was neither a Pro14 nor an AWC match as such.


Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:07 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1966
Post Re: Ospreys v Bath
Troron wrote:
Anyone know where I might find the highlights?


Don't know about video highlights, but Wales Online has some photos:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... e-13503848


Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:10 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 am
Posts: 2173
Post Re: Ospreys v Bath
najbritcol wrote:
Troron wrote:
Anyone know where I might find the highlights?


Don't know about video highlights, but Wales Online has some photos:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... e-13503848


I try to avoid WO but I suppose it will do. Reading the U18 victory was like reading a piece of wartime propaganda.

EDIT and all the pictures are Ospreys...

_________________
Image


Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5261
Post Re: Ospreys v Bath
najbritcol wrote:
I was there. Around 40% of the Ospreys team were academy players, so little surprise they lost to what was a fairly strong Bath outfit. That said, I was still shocked at how awful the Ospreys' set-piece was, and had their defence not been (relatively speaking) so good the scoreline could've been a whole lot worse. Also, Tandy should have made far more changes at half-time - it was telling that the Ospreys finally started to threaten with Giles' and Watkin's introductions.

N.B. This thread should not be in this section, as it was neither a Pro14 nor an AWC match as such
.

Are you sure about that? The match was a cross border Tournament and billed as:
Bath took the Canterbury Cup honours at the Liberty Stadium.
:D


Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 am
Posts: 3799
Post Re: Ospreys v Bath
najbritcol wrote:
I was there. Around 40% of the Ospreys team were academy players, so little surprise they lost to what was a fairly strong Bath outfit. That said, I was still shocked at how awful the Ospreys' set-piece was, and had their defence not been (relatively speaking) so good the scoreline could've been a whole lot worse. Also, Tandy should have made far more changes at half-time - it was telling that the Ospreys finally started to threaten with Giles' and Watkin's introductions.

N.B. This thread should not be in this section, as it was neither a Pro14 nor an AWC match as such.


Will be interesting to see how he goes this season. Hopefully he stays injury free and can make a real impact.


Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:41 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1966
Post Re: Ospreys v Bath
tom21 wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
I was there. Around 40% of the Ospreys team were academy players, so little surprise they lost to what was a fairly strong Bath outfit. That said, I was still shocked at how awful the Ospreys' set-piece was, and had their defence not been (relatively speaking) so good the scoreline could've been a whole lot worse. Also, Tandy should have made far more changes at half-time - it was telling that the Ospreys finally started to threaten with Giles' and Watkin's introductions.

N.B. This thread should not be in this section, as it was neither a Pro14 nor an AWC match as such.


Will be interesting to see how he goes this season. Hopefully he stays injury free and can make a real impact.


+1


Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:45 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1966
Post Re: Ospreys v Bath
Troron wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Troron wrote:
Anyone know where I might find the highlights?


Don't know about video highlights, but Wales Online has some photos:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... e-13503848


I try to avoid WO but I suppose it will do. Reading the U18 victory was like reading a piece of wartime propaganda.

EDIT and all the pictures are Ospreys...


The Ospreys have now released a highlights video: http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/49762


Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: