Fids the Blindside wrote:
https://t.co/FQiDtHSBSS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40684428
New Zebre side controlled by Italian Rugby Federation to compete in Pro12

Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Zebre pull out of P12
They don't bring anything to the table. We don't need either of those teams. Much as I am dubious about the South African teams coming in at least keep it to 12. why should we be trying to improve what you might call a lesser nations rugby other than for development which I'm all for.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:56 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

They don't bring anything to the table. We don't need either of those teams. Much as I am dubious about the South African teams coming in at least keep it to 12. why should we be trying to improve what you might call a lesser nations rugby other than for development which I'm all for.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:56 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
International Player

Conor O'Shea on the Radio 5 tonight said "8 months ago the Italians got a letter from the Pro14 challenging them to retain the two clubs in the Pro 14". The boot seems to have worked. Apparently the Italians are on the verge of signing a long term deal with the Pro14, lets hope they can keep progressing after they sign up.

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:03 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Fingal wrote:
Conor O'Shea on the Radio 5 tonight said "8 months ago the Italians got a letter from the Pro14 challenging them to retain the two clubs in the Pro 14". The boot seems to have worked. Apparently the Italians are on the verge of signing a long term deal with the Pro14, lets hope they can keep progressing after they sign up.

eh? thought they had???

Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:54 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Junior Player

Financially I would make much better sense if they could get involved with Top14 and Pro D2. If the French clubs got together as 1 competition, adding the Italians, there could be a 30 team comp, playing a season like the NFL, with conferences. Less games, which contrary to popula belief, can generate more income as better gates overall.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Higgik wrote:
Financially I would make much better sense if they could get involved with Top14 and Pro D2. If the French clubs got together as 1 competition, adding the Italians, there could be a 30 team comp, playing a season like the NFL, with conferences. Less games, which contrary to popula belief, can generate more income as better gates overall.

I came up with that one years ago (and I had not seen it said elsewhere), we should be in a British and Irish league and the pro French and Italian teams should be in the same league set up.
I'm not into conferences though.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:58 am