It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:27 pm

Dan Off to Northampton ? 
Regional Player

Post Dan Off to Northampton ?
[b][b]Maybe a bit behind the ball here but just got back from a short break to be told that Biggar is off on a big money contract to Northampton.

Where does that leave the Ospreys. I know they have Sam and James Hook but the first one hasn't impressed me and the second is hardly the future at his age is he.

Also, how does this affect Wales. [b]
[/b][/b][/b]

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Post Re: Dan Off to Northampton ?
Feckin 'Bold' key !!!!

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

already being reported in Welsh Rugby section ;)

Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:21 pm
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
[b][b]Maybe a bit behind the ball here but just got back from a short break to be told that Biggar is off on a big money contract to Northampton.

Where does that leave the Ospreys. I know they have Sam and James Hook but the first one hasn't impressed me and the second is hardly the future at his age is he.

Also, how does this affect Wales. [b]
[/b][/b][/b]

Back to the Future Part 1
Ospreys with Hook at 10 verses Dragons with Henson at 10. :D

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
Maybe a bit behind the ball here but just got back from a short break to be told that Biggar is off on a big money contract to Northampton.

Where does that leave the Ospreys?

I know they have Sam and James Hook but the first one hasn't impressed me and the second is hardly the future at his age is he?

Also, how does this affect Wales?

Seems to me that the 2017/18 season might see Biggar coming to the end of his International career. He'll be 28 in October this year.

He's been talking to the big boys during the Lions Tour and that always clears the minds of the player involved.

He'll now be more certain of his worth and his standing in the game.

Wales will always be able to pull another outside half off the production line, Donkka.

Whether he'll be as sound as Biggar is open to question ....

The Ospreys will manage - they always have - and the ambition within that franchise needs to be brightened up a bit, they've been outshone in the last season and I wonder if that hurt them enough to spend big money on players?

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:48 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Donkka wrote:
Maybe a bit behind the ball here but just got back from a short break to be told that Biggar is off on a big money contract to Northampton.

Where does that leave the Ospreys?

I know they have Sam and James Hook but the first one hasn't impressed me and the second is hardly the future at his age is he?

Also, how does this affect Wales?

Seems to me that the 2017/18 season might see Biggar coming to the end of his International career. He'll be 28 in October this year.

He's been talking to the big boys during the Lions Tour and that always clears the minds of the player involved.

He'll now be more certain of his worth and his standing in the game.

Wales will always be able to pull another outside half off the production line, Donkka.

Whether he'll be as sound as Biggar is open to question ....

The Ospreys will manage - they always have - and the ambition within that franchise needs to be brightened up a bit, they've been outshone in the last season and I wonder if that hurt them enough to spend big money on players?

I would doubt it, although it's hard to blame the WRU these days ;)

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:16 pm
Regional Junior Player

I believe BIggar is not off until May 2018. There is a lot of water to pass under the bridge before then. The Ospreys will not want to lose Sam Davies and they may feel it necessary to give him preferential selections. Mind it is possible that a third contender for number 10 may break through before then.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:30 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

JOHNWALES wrote:
I believe BIggar is not off until May 2018. There is a lot of water to pass under the bridge before then. The Ospreys will not want to lose Sam Davies and they may feel it necessary to give him preferential selections. Mind it is possible that a third contender for number 10 may break through before then.

Probably another Dan strangely enough.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:22 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Scarletrover wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:

Probably another Dan strangely enough.

LOL no way (at least not for another five years or so).

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:43 pm
Profile E-mail