It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:10 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Henson (marmite) 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10497
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
Langland Exile wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
If Henson is marmite then Llanelli must be beetroot

:D May I remind everyone that Llanelli did Wales proud last season by taking the two top Irish teams to the cleaners on their own turf. :occasion5:


What is the connection to beetroot though? :dontknow:


Marmite is love or hate it.

Beetroot can cause beturia in which case you piss or shit scarlet(s) ;)

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:32 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5264
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
If Henson is marmite then Llanelli must be beetroot

:D May I remind everyone that Llanelli did Wales proud last season by taking the two top Irish teams to the cleaners on their own turf. :occasion5:


What is the connection to beetroot though? :dontknow:


Marmite is love or hate it.

Beetroot can cause beturia in which case you piss or shit scarlet(s) ;)

A good analogy, so Scarlets shat all over Ospreys, Munster and Leinster with Scarlet Shyte. :D


Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 87974
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
They certainly shit all over Welsh rugby in 2002. Its never recovered.

_________________
Vote Covfefe

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening


Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:41 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7196
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
Blindside wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Blindside wrote:
BigRed wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:
In his day Gavin Henson was one of the greats. He still has a lot to offer; and the reference 'bums on seats ' is a big issue with Welsh rugby at this time. If he attracts 500 extra people through the gates then the investment is covered; please get off his back and respect him in the way he deserves.

To a certain degree, Henson did lose the respect of a large number of his fans. However, the man has matured all be it late in life and we must now focus on his playing ability.
Last season Henson played very little as he was out injured most of the season. Prior to that, he was playing for Bath. All the Bath pundits on Facebook were saying that Bath was a better side with Henson at 10 while Ford was otherwise occupied with the England squad. I do not think that Ford Snr was impressed by this so got rid of Henson to Bristol. THIS IS A FACT, I even posted a good few of the Facebook comments on 'scumv'. I do not think that Bath lost a game with Henson at 10 or even at 12 (another fact). Playing at 12 he even made Joseph look like a world beater. Henson the man with probably the most educated rugby brain and who has the ability to read the situation on his feet and play what is in front of him. If you relate this to poker, Henson knows when to hold or when to fold.
With that in mind and an injury free Henson, the Dragons could well shake the established pecking order in Wales. I just hope that we do not have the same situation engineered by the diabolic coaches, B&B, at Cardiff a few seasons ago. Probably the two worst coaches ever to grace club rugby in Wales in the professional era.



No their not facts :D Its rambling nonsense the world is against him, the coaches are against him in cardiff, in france, in saracens at bath the ospreys with the lions in the wales camp set up :D :D He is a 35 year old has been, whos been given shelter in the last chance hotel, its is last chance to make money out of a game. No one goes there who has any ambition. Someone described him as an all time great ...... *fupping* laughable, "hes just a very naughty boy" that draws the attention of very gullible people.


I agree that the ambition is lacking for some of the players, however, we either close the Dragons or try abd attract the best players we can. Henson is probably the best player Dragons cab get and will probably improve them.


Which probably says more about the Dragons than Henson.
At best its grasping at straws .... availability through injuries have dogged him and age is against him! Dragons have rolled the dice and the casino usually wins.


I would agree there too, but The Dragons are in a position where underinvestment over the years means they are lacking players that will attract better players and keep those they have. I'm not sure whether in the current situation whether there are any better players that the Dragons could sign.

Had The Dragons been able to keep their players, you'd be looking at a team that includes Faletau, Charteris, Lydiate and Dan Evans. Worth comparing to the other regions who have seemed able to keep a number of their players and resign some. I can't see the Dragons doing this.


Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:58 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7196
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
Blindside wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Blindside wrote:
BigRed wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:
In his day Gavin Henson was one of the greats. He still has a lot to offer; and the reference 'bums on seats ' is a big issue with Welsh rugby at this time. If he attracts 500 extra people through the gates then the investment is covered; please get off his back and respect him in the way he deserves.

To a certain degree, Henson did lose the respect of a large number of his fans. However, the man has matured all be it late in life and we must now focus on his playing ability.
Last season Henson played very little as he was out injured most of the season. Prior to that, he was playing for Bath. All the Bath pundits on Facebook were saying that Bath was a better side with Henson at 10 while Ford was otherwise occupied with the England squad. I do not think that Ford Snr was impressed by this so got rid of Henson to Bristol. THIS IS A FACT, I even posted a good few of the Facebook comments on 'scumv'. I do not think that Bath lost a game with Henson at 10 or even at 12 (another fact). Playing at 12 he even made Joseph look like a world beater. Henson the man with probably the most educated rugby brain and who has the ability to read the situation on his feet and play what is in front of him. If you relate this to poker, Henson knows when to hold or when to fold.
With that in mind and an injury free Henson, the Dragons could well shake the established pecking order in Wales. I just hope that we do not have the same situation engineered by the diabolic coaches, B&B, at Cardiff a few seasons ago. Probably the two worst coaches ever to grace club rugby in Wales in the professional era.



No their not facts :D Its rambling nonsense the world is against him, the coaches are against him in cardiff, in france, in saracens at bath the ospreys with the lions in the wales camp set up :D :D He is a 35 year old has been, whos been given shelter in the last chance hotel, its is last chance to make money out of a game. No one goes there who has any ambition. Someone described him as an all time great ...... *fupping* laughable, "hes just a very naughty boy" that draws the attention of very gullible people.


I agree that the ambition is lacking for some of the players, however, we either close the Dragons or try abd attract the best players we can. Henson is probably the best player Dragons cab get and will probably improve them.


Which probably says more about the Dragons than Henson.
At best its grasping at straws .... availability through injuries have dogged him and age is against him! Dragons have rolled the dice and the casino usually wins.


I would agree there too, but The Dragons are in a position where underinvestment over the years means they are lacking players that will attract better players and keep those they have. I'm not sure whether in the current situation whether there are any better players that the Dragons could sign.

Had The Dragons been able to keep their players, you'd be looking at a team that includes Faletau, Charteris, Lydiate and Dan Evans. Worth comparing to the other regions who have seemed able to keep a number of their players and resign some. I can't see the Dragons doing this.


Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:58 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1989
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
After his bad time at Racing 92, Lydiate wanted to return to Wales and, although the Dragons obviously had the first say, he refused them in favour of an NDC with the Ospreys. Imo his experience is akin to a Guatemalan who moves to the USA, gets disillusioned and decides to migrate to Costa Rica instead. :D


Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:25 pm
Posts: 296
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
Also Jonathan Evans (now Scarlets). Gwent lad and easily the best SH the Dragons have had on their books in recent years - coaches wouldn't guarantee him a first team place when they signed Pretorius, so he went off and sat on the bench at Bath for a year before moving to deputise for Gareth Davies at PyS. Could easily be in or around the Wales squad by now if he'd stayed.


Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 5808
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
CymraegJanner wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Big piece in the Echo yesterday.

He's still news is Mr Henson. All he needs now is a season without injury and he'll be a happy man.

It's good to see him back in Wales.


No actually it isn't

if a 35 year old ex kiwi/wallaby/springbok of 40 odd caps turned up on these shores to play rugby it would be *fupping* scandalous.

But a welshman,and a welshman who hasn't played top flight rugby in over three years, that's alright. Call it a symptom of why this country has a problem at the *fupping* sport


You F'K'N Hypocrite ......

You poste just before:

only because in ten years time he'll probably still be playing.

best player i've ever seen live. what he achieved pales into insignificance compared to what he coulda shoulda woulda achieved

I think it is time for you to take time out.


Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 5808
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
It is a simple Reality that Henson is a powerful reality.

Shame it had to be Newport .. but what the heck!

But joking apart this could be fun :kermit:


Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:28 pm
Posts: 10861
Location: Plymouth
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Big piece in the Echo yesterday.

He's still news is Mr Henson. All he needs now is a season without injury and he'll be a happy man.

It's good to see him back in Wales.


No actually it isn't

if a 35 year old ex kiwi/wallaby/springbok of 40 odd caps turned up on these shores to play rugby it would be *fupping* scandalous.

But a welshman,and a welshman who hasn't played top flight rugby in over three years, that's alright. Call it a symptom of why this country has a problem at the *fupping* sport


You F'K'N Hypocrite ......

You poste just before:

only because in ten years time he'll probably still be playing.

best player i've ever seen live. what he achieved pales into insignificance compared to what he coulda shoulda woulda achieved

I think it is time for you to take time out.

It doesn't surprise me that your flea sized brain can't rationalise the two statements.

_________________
Just for one moment I thought I'd found my way, then destiny unfolded, and I watched it slip away


Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:43 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5264
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
CymraegJanner wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Big piece in the Echo yesterday.

He's still news is Mr Henson. All he needs now is a season without injury and he'll be a happy man.

It's good to see him back in Wales.


No actually it isn't

if a 35 year old ex kiwi/wallaby/springbok of 40 odd caps turned up on these shores to play rugby it would be *fupping* scandalous.

But a welshman,and a welshman who hasn't played top flight rugby in over three years, that's alright. Call it a symptom of why this country has a problem at the *fupping* sport


You F'K'N Hypocrite ......

You poste just before:

only because in ten years time he'll probably still be playing.

best player i've ever seen live. what he achieved pales into insignificance compared to what he coulda shoulda woulda achieved

I think it is time for you to take time out.

It doesn't surprise me that your flea sized brain can't rationalise the two statements.

C'mon guys! Play nicely. :D


Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:05 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 8:16 pm
Posts: 1597
Location: Stockholm
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
Never gets old this tribute.


Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 35129
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
No doubt a talented and stylish player but what interested me looking at that clip was that it isn't as impressive as Foxy's tribute video yet Foxy has hardly been recognised by many as the great player he is. What is it that makes fans worship one player yet hardly notice another player of equal or even superior talent.

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:34 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10497
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
ICEverything wrote:
No doubt a talented and stylish player but what interested me looking at that clip was that it isn't as impressive as Foxy's tribute video yet Foxy has hardly been recognised by many as the great player he is. What is it that makes fans worship one player yet hardly notice another player of equal or even superior talent.


Media Interest focussing on off-the-field and related persona, simple as.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:07 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 43894
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Henson (marmite)
Well, Henson isn't from Llanelli for a start.

He's multi-talented as well so Llanelli supporters are just plain jealous, perhaps? That's a bit simplistic so that's probably not the case. You've had good players yourself. Carwyn and Grav, for example.

Perhaps it's the fact he's been involved with a super-star who's a multi-millionairess?

Bit of a mystery why you guys are unable to bring yourselves to agree that Henson is a tremendous talent who hasn't been able to stay away from fame and fortune despite his public disgraces?

:dontknow:


Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:12 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: