It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Henson (marmite) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Henson (marmite)
Langland Exile wrote:
BigRed wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40890164
Gavin Henson: Wales back to make Dragons debut at 10 against Montpellier

Dragons: C Meyer; A Hughes, S Beard, J Dixon, H Amos; G Henson, S Pretorius; T Davies, E Dee, L Fairbrother, M Screech, A Sweet, J Thomas, H Keddie, J Benjamin.

Replacements: R Buckley, P Price, L Brown, M Williams, N Cudd, C Davies, A O Brien, P Howard, A Hewitt, W Talbot Davies.

What a terrible team

Are they though? Lots of youngsters but if they can build on that?

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:07 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Dragons: C Meyer; A Hughes, S Beard, J Dixon, H Amos; G Henson, S Pretorius; T Davies, E Dee, L Fairbrother, M Screech, A Sweet, J Thomas, H Keddie, J Benjamin.

Replacements: R Buckley, P Price, L Brown, M Williams, N Cudd, C Davies, A O Brien, P Howard, A Hewitt, W Talbot Davies.

What a terrible team

I am at a loss to understand that attitude. This is a very young team, especially the forwards. How can anyone write them off? Scarlets started off with a very young mainly Welsh qualified players and look at them now.
I personally think this team will surprise many this year and will be disappointed if they don't.
Dragons have played 50% of their games in the quagmire which, IMHO was one of the reasons for their poor showing last season. Hopefully, they have a better pitch this year to play on with the injection of funds from the WRU.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:22 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

They have explicitly kept back some players for the fixutre against Northampton the next day (Cory Hill, Rynard Landman, Tyler Morgan, Brok Harris) so nobody's saying this is the 1st XV. I don't tink Sweet is a real contender, I think he only played once or twice for the Dragons last season.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:32 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Figaro wrote:
They have explicitly kept back some players for the fixutre against Northampton the next day (Cory Hill, Rynard Landman, Tyler Morgan, Brok Harris) so nobody's saying this is the 1st XV. I don't tink Sweet is a real contender, I think he only played once or twice for the Dragons last season.

Why did they agree to play on a Friday and a Saturday on the same weekend? Weird! :dontknow:

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:00 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Figaro wrote:

Why did they agree to play on a Friday and a Saturday on the same weekend? Weird! :dontknow:

Nice long weekend on the med?

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:14 am
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
BigRed wrote:

What a terrible team

These are the players he has to work with unfortunately

What is interesting that dee, keddie, Benjamin, are in the mix with brown on the bench. Jones tended to stick with experience but hopefully jackman will make the tough calls on cudd and Evans. Dragons back row should be Benjamin, Griffiths and keddie going forward.

Not sure about the lad from ebbw vale at lock. Genuine contender or token attempt at regionalism?

Yep, that is what initially caught my attention. Some of those boys shone a few years ago with the U20's, so it will be interesting to see how they fare in the pro ranks (Brown is the beast of a tight head isn't he?) . To be fair there are some promising young players there, they've just needed investment to bring in a solid spine of experienced pros to shore things up a bit.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:47 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

I'm surprised they've left so much of their first choice pack behind - Hobbs, Harris, Landman, Hill, Lewis Evans. I would say the lineup against Northampton might well be stronger than this (they will have Kirchner and Tyler Morgan in the backs too).

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:22 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Where is Kirchner likely to play?

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

40 - 15 in first game

6t to 2

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:54 am
World XV Player

Figaro wrote:
I'm surprised they've left so much of their first choice pack behind - Hobbs, Harris, Landman, Hill, Lewis Evans. I would say the lineup against Northampton might well be stronger than this (they will have Kirchner and Tyler Morgan in the backs too).

Crazy really, Dragons, who are going to struggle to put one good team out, having to put two teams out on the first weekend of the new season.
Is it a case of giving everyone a pre-season run out to as a trial for selecting their first choice players?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:17 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
40 - 15 in first game

6t to 2

Don't think thats a particularly bad result really Tel, i have no idea how the Montpelier approached the fixture though?

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:33 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

tom21 wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
BigRed wrote:

What a terrible team

What is interesting that dee, keddie, Benjamin, are in the mix with brown on the bench. Jones tended to stick with experience but hopefully jackman will make the tough calls on cudd and Evans. Dragons back row should be Benjamin, Griffiths and keddie going forward.

Not sure about the lad from ebbw vale at lock. Genuine contender or token attempt at regionalism?

Yep, that is what initially caught my attention. Some of those boys shone a few years ago with the U20's, so it will be interesting to see how they fare in the pro ranks (Brown is the beast of a tight head isn't he?) . To be fair there are some promising young players there, they've just needed investment to bring in a solid spine of experienced pros to shore things up a bit.

On paper Brown is indeed a beast of a tight head, unfortunately for him the game is not played on paper.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:36 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
tom21 wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
BigRed wrote:

What a terrible team

On paper Brown is indeed a beast of a tight head, unfortunately for him the game is not played on paper.

:D

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:32 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
40 - 15 in first game

6t to 2

Don't think thats a particularly bad result really Tel, i have no idea how the Montpelier approached the fixture though?

Montpelier are expected to be top3 this Season so it's certainly not a bad result as such. They have bought hugely .. Picamoles, Cruden, Pinneear et al! Cotter is the new Coach.

Mop lost 12 40 to Lyon in the last practice match and usually it's a run out for multiple players...

I was just reporting the result.

Normally Top14 Clubs are getting more serious this time of year .. the Season starts in 2 weeks.
Toulon beat Clermont 29 26 yesterday ... that looked a bit more 'serious' ;)

Newport could win the 2nd match .....

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:51 pm
World XV Player

dragons side out against Northampton even less experienced

Jackman ripping it up and running trial matches by the looks of it. Nice to see Harris captain. Will be Welsh qualified soon I think

Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:34 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next