It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:10 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Henson (marmite) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Henson (marmite)
Fids the Blindside wrote:
and the Irish demolished us up front

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... kty2TABr8g

We were always told Henson was worth 10 points, sometimes to the opposition ;) :D

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:00 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
No doubt a talented and stylish player but what interested me looking at that clip was that it isn't as impressive as Foxy's tribute video yet Foxy has hardly been recognised by many as the great player he is. What is it that makes fans worship one player yet hardly notice another player of equal or even superior talent.

To be fair, Jonathan Davies has been really good recently. But he has had periods of inconsistency and moments or poor decision making, especially his lack of passing and seeming no kicking game. He has worked on this and improved. Gav as far as Ican remember never had a bad game for Wales and made good decisions. He is a more natural player.

Yes I can see that.

Henson had bad games mind - remember the one against Ireland in Ireland when he came on at 10 to replace an injured Stephen Jones. Had a shocker and Wales went from a promising position to losing heavily, but the fans always had reasons - he hadn't played 10 for a while, was still injured etc etc. Again, fans were far more forgiving than for other players.

That's one game I missed. I remember the talk of him not knowing the calls?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
No doubt a talented and stylish player but what interested me looking at that clip was that it isn't as impressive as Foxy's tribute video yet Foxy has hardly been recognised by many as the great player he is. What is it that makes fans worship one player yet hardly notice another player of equal or even superior talent.

To be fair, Jonathan Davies has been really good recently. But he has had periods of inconsistency and moments or poor decision making, especially his lack of passing and seeming no kicking game. He has worked on this and improved. Gav as far as Ican remember never had a bad game for Wales and made good decisions. He is a more natural player.

Yes I can see that.

Henson had bad games mind - remember the one against Ireland in Ireland when he came on at 10 to replace an injured Stephen Jones. Had a shocker and Wales went from a promising position to losing heavily, but the fans always had reasons - he hadn't played 10 for a while, was still injured etc etc. Again, fans were far more forgiving than for other players.

That's one game I missed. I remember the talk of him not knowing the calls?

Didn't matter, we didn't get any ball.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:06 pm
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Why do we have to talk one of them down in order to lift the other one up? They are two great talents.

I don't see any wrong in it ....it's not talking one up at the expense of the other ...

Role models are important in Sport.

One is fulfilling his potential the other sadly didn't fulfil his etc ...

Gav has 2 Grand Slams, a decent number of Wales caps, is a British Lion ... but with that CV, I agree that he didn't fulfil his potential. Yet people seem to have a hard time saying he is an exceptional rugby player.

If he had died he would be a national hero. Because he didn't folks feel happy to slay him and slander him and to be honest make total pricks of themselves.

Gavin did good, and you can not take that away from him.

He might have done gooder, but he didn't, don't mean he cain't do gooder now!

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Why do we have to talk one of them down in order to lift the other one up? They are two great talents.

I don't see any wrong in it ....it's not talking one up at the expense of the other ...

Role models are important in Sport.

One is fulfilling his potential the other sadly didn't fulfil his etc ...

Gav has 2 Grand Slams, a decent number of Wales caps, is a British Lion ... but with that CV, I agree that he didn't fulfil his potential. Yet people seem to have a hard time saying he is an exceptional rugby player.

If he had died he would be a national hero. Because he didn't folks feel happy to slay him and slander him and to be honest make total pricks of themselves.

Gavin did good, and you can not take that away from him.

He might have done gooder, but he didn't, don't mean he cain't do gooder now!

Its all about proportion and context, he was a good player and had time on the ball and good vision. I suppose in Wales he is a bit of a legend, but then again so is King Aurther, people can believe what they want. Outside of a Wales hes just a player whos dabbled with reality TV and was married to a famous singer. Shame really if only Regan King could have been Welsh, he would probably then been a legend, instead of just a NZ guy with one cap.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

but then just all of that is plain opinion of your own.

Nothing in reality.

You don't value him, then so be it.

He still remains a Hero.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:

Nothing in reality.

He still remains a Hero.

We could soon see him in action. :D
Friday, 11 August
Montpellier v Dragons; Aveyron

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

When he first played and got on the scene he was interviewed by the BBC and as a youngster didn't do too well, the BBC scrumV site went into overload about such a callow lad being talked to. Years later he is on tv diving in Ice and folks criticise him .. to be honest: Why?

There are miserable buggers around that will tear down everything you try to do.

Don't be one of them.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:

Nothing in reality.

He still remains a Hero.

Opinions are individual, are they not? that's why people come on forums to play their opinion against other people.

One man's reality is another man's illusion :)

He appeals to a certain type of supporter, that's very true.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:

Nothing in reality.

He still remains a Hero.

Opinions are individual, are they not? that's why people come on forums to play their opinion against other people.

Hmm, A good definition of Marmite. :D

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Blindside wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:

Nothing in reality.

He still remains a Hero.

Hmm, A good definition of Marmite. :D

Henson named in the squad to play Montpellier on Friday:

Friday, 11 August
Montpellier v Dragons; Aveyron
http://www.dragonsrugby.wales/News/Arti ... -in-france

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:56 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

They've named former Ospreys prop Dan Suter in the squad, does anyone know if he's been offered a contract (he was on trial)?

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40890164
Gavin Henson: Wales back to make Dragons debut at 10 against Montpellier

Dragons: C Meyer; A Hughes, S Beard, J Dixon, H Amos; G Henson, S Pretorius; T Davies, E Dee, L Fairbrother, M Screech, A Sweet, J Thomas, H Keddie, J Benjamin.

Replacements: R Buckley, P Price, L Brown, M Williams, N Cudd, C Davies, A O Brien, P Howard, A Hewitt, W Talbot Davies.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:

Dragons: C Meyer; A Hughes, S Beard, J Dixon, H Amos; G Henson, S Pretorius; T Davies, E Dee, L Fairbrother, M Screech, A Sweet, J Thomas, H Keddie, J Benjamin.

Replacements: R Buckley, P Price, L Brown, M Williams, N Cudd, C Davies, A O Brien, P Howard, A Hewitt, W Talbot Davies.

What a terrible team

Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:37 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
BigRed wrote:

What a terrible team

These are the players he has to work with unfortunately

What is interesting that dee, keddie, Benjamin, are in the mix with brown on the bench. Jones tended to stick with experience but hopefully jackman will make the tough calls on cudd and Evans. Dragons back row should be Benjamin, Griffiths and keddie going forward.

Not sure about the lad from ebbw vale at lock. Genuine contender or token attempt at regionalism?

Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:01 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next