It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:49 am

Disciplinary hearing re Steff Evans 
World XV Player

Post Disciplinary hearing re Steff Evans
Anyone know when Steff has to face the Disciplinary panel?

Mon May 22, 2017 12:10 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Disciplinary hearing re Steff Evans
Normally the same week isn't it? 2/3 weeks/games I'd expect

Mon May 22, 2017 12:55 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
Normally the same week isn't it? 2/3 weeks/games I'd expect

I'm hoping that the hearing will find that it was completely unintentional. Which it obviously was.
If anything Samson Lee's intervention in the tackle caused the problem.

Mon May 22, 2017 1:26 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Ah. the one eyes are back

Mon May 22, 2017 1:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:

If you actually watch what happened and have a brain, you might see why.. ;)

Given it's an Irish panel, and the Irish are well, Irish..I expect he won't be allowed to play whatever the facts.

Mon May 22, 2017 2:18 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:

If you actually watch what happened and have a brain, you might see why.. ;)

Given it's an Irish panel, and the Irish are well, Irish..I expect he won't be allowed to play whatever the facts.

Problem is David ...as discussed, the ref was right in terms of the law snd specific instruction in terms of this event, head om ground etc ...

Now the issue is how to draw a line when the event didn't warrant much beyond a red (red it certainly was) ... to give zero extension could cause precedence and somewhat ameliorate the offence.

Incidentally, in the current climate Warbs would have had significantly more than he did.

Mon May 22, 2017 2:40 pm
World XV Player

The sending off was correct according to the law, so it was correct. However further sanctioning an accidental tip tackle would serve little effect as accidents happen. The mitigating circumstance being the height he was lifted was not above the waste, he merely managed to tip below it, lifting in the tackle is not illegal indeed it is desirable, they can never take that out of the game, the game would be finished.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon May 22, 2017 2:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Lifting isn't illegal, but if you pick someone up, you have to put them down, and if you pick them up and fail to put them down safely you should be punished heavily. Lifting may be desirable, but it is far from a necessary tenet of the game, quite the opposite in actual fact

Mon May 22, 2017 3:02 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
The sending off was correct according to the law, so it was correct. However further sanctioning an accidental tip tackle would serve little effect as accidents happen. The mitigating circumstance being the height he was lifted was not above the waste, he merely managed to tip below it, lifting in the tackle is not illegal indeed it is desirable, they can never take that out of the game, the game would be finished.

I've watched this incidence at several different speeds, Samson's intervention in the tackle definitely contributed to the end result. It was and can only be accidental. The letter of the law prevailed, but the saying 'The Law is an ass' is very applicable to this situation.
Red it was according to the 'law' but should there be any more sanctions, I hope not.

Mon May 22, 2017 3:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Blindside wrote:

I've watched this incidence at several different speeds, Samson's intervention in the tackle definitely contributed to the end result. It was and can only be accidental. The letter of the law prevailed, but the saying 'The Law is an ass' is very applicable to this situation.
Red it was according to the 'law' but should there be any more sanctions, I hope not.

"The law is an ass," is said of the application of a law that is contrary to common sense.

Mon May 22, 2017 3:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The essence of the new emphsis is duty and care of the tackled p,ayer although I do admit how one can temper that in the helter and skelter of a rugby match. However, that is the slant.

Mon May 22, 2017 3:32 pm
World XV Player

The essence of the new emphasis is duty and care of the tackled player although I do admit how one can temper that in the helter and skelter of a rugby match. However, that is the slant.

Mon May 22, 2017 3:32 pm
World XV Player

I think it's fairly clear that rugby is in a difficult spot. The emphasis on player safety is not necessarily compatible with the actual game itself.

Mon May 22, 2017 3:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
Lifting isn't illegal, but if you pick someone up, you have to put them down, and if you pick them up and fail to put them down safely you should be punished heavily. Lifting may be desirable, but it is far from a necessary tenet of the game, quite the opposite in actual fact

Well you dont have to put them down safely, you are punished for lifting their hips above their head. You can lift them drive them back and smash your whole weight into their midriff or lower chest. You are responsible for their safety when lifting their hips above their waiste. The point being the tackle is often a contest of power, you shut his power off when you lift him. The tackler is as often more often injured than the player tackled, so you cannot hamper his physicality in that area. Rugby is a contact sport and lifting a player to negate his power (legs) is a "necessary tenet" even at under 9 level (first season tackling) it would be part of the tuition, in part to keep the tackler safe in a head on tackle.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon May 22, 2017 3:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:

Well you dont have to put them down safely, you are punished for lifting their hips above their head. You can lift them drive them back and smash your whole weight into their midriff or lower chest. You are responsible for their safety when lifting their hips above their waiste. The point being the tackle is often a contest of power, you shut his power off when you lift him. The tackler is as often more often injured than the player tackled, so you cannot hamper his physicality in that area. Rugby is a contact sport and lifting a player to negate his power (legs) is a "necessary tenet" even at under 9 level (first season tackling) it would be part of the tuition, in part to keep the tackler safe in a head on tackle.

I understand how tackling works thanks, shame you don't.

There is no requirement to tackle a player and lift and negate power.

The prescribed technique for tackling by all unions at all levels is to step in with leading leg, go head behind ass, wrap arms and roll with the tackle.

Quote:
even at under 9 level (first season tackling) it would be part of the tuition, in part to keep the tackler safe in a head on tackle

What you've written there is utter *fupping* drivel

Mon May 22, 2017 4:21 pm
Profile E-mail WWW