It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:49 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Munster v Llanelli 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 9:44 am
Posts: 2545
Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
ICEverything wrote:
A few happy faces there GN. :D


One here too ICE. Hope you had a beer or two.

_________________
"above all else, I'm a WUM."
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67266&p=2975706&hilit=wum&sid=948ebad97c19a6ce8a0c88019c945d56#p2975706


Sun May 28, 2017 11:27 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 35074
Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
GN100 wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
A few happy faces there GN. :D


One here too ICE. Hope you had a beer or two.

I should say. :occasion5:

Some young guns come through this season. And for next season, I think there are a few new homegrown players that are expected to take their place on the big stage. Scarlets Academy is the gift that keeps on giving. :D

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Sun May 28, 2017 11:55 am
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 9:10 am
Posts: 2180
Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
Langland Exile wrote:
wasp wrote:
Troron wrote:
One swallow does not a summer make, us English know that only too well. Players suddenly find form should be viewed with skepticism until they can show they can repeat it. JD has not shown he can consistently put out a better performance than the competing Lions 13s for example. Great win for the Scarlets but it feels very much like a 1 off rather than a sign of something else. If next they are in the same place then maybe we will have something to talk about.

They're like 20 games unbeaten in the league. Last 3 games they've comprehensively beaten the other 3 teams in the top 4.

Still 3 or 4 more expensive players away from being a European threat, but that was not a one off


Need a new wing opposite Steff Evans is the most obvious need for next year to replace Liam and DTH.

2 decent potential kids coming through in Conbeer and Baldwin, and they'll be joined by Prydie, but I'd like to have seen one experienced signing.


Sun May 28, 2017 12:34 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 397
Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
Outstanding stuff from Scarlets.

No excuses now for the crap at the other 3 and team Wales.


Sun May 28, 2017 12:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 25686
Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
Absolutely made up with the result yesterday....blew Munster away!


Sun May 28, 2017 1:41 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:24 am
Posts: 12914
Location: cwmbran
Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
great win,

would have been happy with top 6 and in the fight for top 4 after last season.

too win it, smile still on face.

just hope we can kick on again next year.

_________________
Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,


Sun May 28, 2017 4:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 25686
Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
it feels like Wales in the 70s this...watched it twice again on Sky and now again on Scrum v...cant get enough of it!!


Sun May 28, 2017 6:14 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 58690
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
SimplyRed wrote:
it feels like Wales in the 70s this...watched it twice again on Sky and now again on Scrum v...cant get enough of it!!


I can guarantee Wales won't adopt it under the present coaching set up.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun May 28, 2017 6:20 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 25686
Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
Langland Exile wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
it feels like Wales in the 70s this...watched it twice again on Sky and now again on Scrum v...cant get enough of it!!


I can guarantee Wales won't adopt it under the present coaching set up.


I think youre right!


Sun May 28, 2017 6:28 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:48 pm
Posts: 12408
Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
That's a fantastic result. They hit form at the right time.


Sun May 28, 2017 7:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 4842
Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
wasp wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
wasp wrote:
Troron wrote:
One swallow does not a summer make, us English know that only too well. Players suddenly find form should be viewed with skepticism until they can show they can repeat it. JD has not shown he can consistently put out a better performance than the competing Lions 13s for example. Great win for the Scarlets but it feels very much like a 1 off rather than a sign of something else. If next they are in the same place then maybe we will have something to talk about.

They're like 20 games unbeaten in the league. Last 3 games they've comprehensively beaten the other 3 teams in the top 4.

Still 3 or 4 more expensive players away from being a European threat, but that was not a one off


Need a new wing opposite Steff Evans is the most obvious need for next year to replace Liam and DTH.

2 decent potential kids coming through in Conbeer and Baldwin, and they'll be joined by Prydie, but I'd like to have seen one experienced signing.

IMHO Prydie has been very badly handled by the Regions. Ospreys more or less sidelined him for three years and he had very little scope in his years with the Dragons. Pivac & Jones have obviously seen something in him to bring him over to Scarlets. I hope he now blossoms and fulfills his potential. It's hard to believe that he is still only 25.


Sun May 28, 2017 8:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 35074
Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
mr messy wrote:
That's a fantastic result. They hit form at the right time.

There's a beer waiting for you at PyS next season mr m. :occasion5:

It's the one I bought for Otto when he didn't show up - I asked them to put it behind the bar for me. :D

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Sun May 28, 2017 9:45 pm
Profile
Regional Player

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:28 pm
Posts: 583
Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
I;ve been very impressed with the Scarlets over the last couple of months. I've actually enjoyed watching them play, which is soemthing I never thought I'd ever say. I wish I could say the same about Wales, but I can't.

Well done, Scarlets, you've gone some way to restoring my faith in rugby in Wales.


Sun May 28, 2017 9:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 660
Location: Swansea
Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
Well done Scarlets - wonderful result,fully deserved win with style and panache.


Sun May 28, 2017 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: