It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:49 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Munster v Llanelli 
World XV Player

Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
ICEverything wrote:
A few happy faces there GN. :D

One here too ICE. Hope you had a beer or two.

Sun May 28, 2017 11:27 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

GN100 wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
A few happy faces there GN. :D

One here too ICE. Hope you had a beer or two.

I should say. :occasion5:

Some young guns come through this season. And for next season, I think there are a few new homegrown players that are expected to take their place on the big stage. Scarlets Academy is the gift that keeps on giving. :D

Sun May 28, 2017 11:55 am
British & Irish Lions Player

Langland Exile wrote:
wasp wrote:
Troron wrote:
One swallow does not a summer make, us English know that only too well. Players suddenly find form should be viewed with skepticism until they can show they can repeat it. JD has not shown he can consistently put out a better performance than the competing Lions 13s for example. Great win for the Scarlets but it feels very much like a 1 off rather than a sign of something else. If next they are in the same place then maybe we will have something to talk about.

They're like 20 games unbeaten in the league. Last 3 games they've comprehensively beaten the other 3 teams in the top 4.

Still 3 or 4 more expensive players away from being a European threat, but that was not a one off

Need a new wing opposite Steff Evans is the most obvious need for next year to replace Liam and DTH.

2 decent potential kids coming through in Conbeer and Baldwin, and they'll be joined by Prydie, but I'd like to have seen one experienced signing.

Sun May 28, 2017 12:34 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Outstanding stuff from Scarlets.

No excuses now for the crap at the other 3 and team Wales.

Sun May 28, 2017 12:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Absolutely made up with the result yesterday....blew Munster away!

Sun May 28, 2017 1:41 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

great win,

would have been happy with top 6 and in the fight for top 4 after last season.

too win it, smile still on face.

just hope we can kick on again next year.

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Sun May 28, 2017 4:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

it feels like Wales in the 70s this...watched it twice again on Sky and now again on Scrum v...cant get enough of it!!

Sun May 28, 2017 6:14 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

SimplyRed wrote:
it feels like Wales in the 70s this...watched it twice again on Sky and now again on Scrum v...cant get enough of it!!

I can guarantee Wales won't adopt it under the present coaching set up.

Sun May 28, 2017 6:20 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:

I can guarantee Wales won't adopt it under the present coaching set up.

I think youre right!

Sun May 28, 2017 6:28 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

That's a fantastic result. They hit form at the right time.

Sun May 28, 2017 7:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

wasp wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
wasp wrote:
Troron wrote:
One swallow does not a summer make, us English know that only too well. Players suddenly find form should be viewed with skepticism until they can show they can repeat it. JD has not shown he can consistently put out a better performance than the competing Lions 13s for example. Great win for the Scarlets but it feels very much like a 1 off rather than a sign of something else. If next they are in the same place then maybe we will have something to talk about.

They're like 20 games unbeaten in the league. Last 3 games they've comprehensively beaten the other 3 teams in the top 4.

Still 3 or 4 more expensive players away from being a European threat, but that was not a one off

Need a new wing opposite Steff Evans is the most obvious need for next year to replace Liam and DTH.

2 decent potential kids coming through in Conbeer and Baldwin, and they'll be joined by Prydie, but I'd like to have seen one experienced signing.

IMHO Prydie has been very badly handled by the Regions. Ospreys more or less sidelined him for three years and he had very little scope in his years with the Dragons. Pivac & Jones have obviously seen something in him to bring him over to Scarlets. I hope he now blossoms and fulfills his potential. It's hard to believe that he is still only 25.

Sun May 28, 2017 8:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

mr messy wrote:
That's a fantastic result. They hit form at the right time.

There's a beer waiting for you at PyS next season mr m. :occasion5:

It's the one I bought for Otto when he didn't show up - I asked them to put it behind the bar for me. :D

Sun May 28, 2017 9:45 pm
Regional Player

I;ve been very impressed with the Scarlets over the last couple of months. I've actually enjoyed watching them play, which is soemthing I never thought I'd ever say. I wish I could say the same about Wales, but I can't.

Well done, Scarlets, you've gone some way to restoring my faith in rugby in Wales.

Sun May 28, 2017 9:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Well done Scarlets - wonderful result,fully deserved win with style and panache.

Sun May 28, 2017 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13