It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Munster v Llanelli 
World XV Player

Post Re: Munster v Llanelli
dhook wrote:
Five things:

1. Does Jonathan Davies only come out to play once every four years in time for the British Lions? Since the turn of the year he has been absolutely excellent - strong, quicker again and even composed with his passing/in control of the collisions! Maybe his time in France totally unsettled him/took his edge away? I'd definitely have him as outside centre for the Lions.

2. Rob Evans - I'll say it again - the man is totally driven! He has skill too. Should be on the Lions tour.

3. Aaron Shingler - he is really stepping up. So athletic and such a well rounded, highly skilled player now. Goodness Wales have so many options in the backrow!

4. Pivac/Jones - future Wales coaches? Wish Jones could replace Howley straight away. He has done so well with that Scarlets backline.

5. What has James Davies done? Is he a total nightmare after a few beers or something? Strange his comments about he is not going to change himself? Very bizarre. I would just call him up know as an extra player. Why not play a different 7 for 4 consecutive halves? If they are all good enough then they all deserve a shot!

WELL DONE SCARLETS! THATS THE WAY TO PLAY THE GAME!

1. It's amazing isn't it how players find form when they are actually out on the pitch playing and not in the stands being continually rested.

Sun May 28, 2017 12:25 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

One swallow does not a summer make, us English know that only too well. Players suddenly find form should be viewed with skepticism until they can show they can repeat it. JD has not shown he can consistently put out a better performance than the competing Lions 13s for example. Great win for the Scarlets but it feels very much like a 1 off rather than a sign of something else. If next they are in the same place then maybe we will have something to talk about.

Sun May 28, 2017 12:51 am
Profile E-mail

Troron wrote:
One swallow does not a summer make, us English know that only too well. Players suddenly find form should be viewed with skepticism until they can show they can repeat it. JD has not shown he can consistently put out a better performance than the competing Lions 13s for example. Great win for the Scarlets but it feels very much like a 1 off rather than a sign of something else. If next they are in the same place then maybe we will have something to talk about.

They're like 20 games unbeaten in the league. Last 3 games they've comprehensively beaten the other 3 teams in the top 4.

Still 3 or 4 more expensive players away from being a European threat, but that was not a one off

Sun May 28, 2017 1:12 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

To be fair in a season where they beat Toulon, saracens needed a last minute try to draw, beat Leinster and Munster, think scarlets have earnt the right to be taken seriously

Good win and well deserved. Munster played rugby from the dark ages

Sun May 28, 2017 1:46 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
To be fair in a season where they beat Toulon, saracens needed a last minute try to draw, beat Leinster and Munster, think scarlets have earnt the right to be taken seriously

Good win and well deserved. Munster played rugby from the dark ages

I was surprised how both Leinster and Munster failed to adjust to the game circumstances and played pure Gatland Ball....Munster was kicking the ball away into touch while in the Scarlets half just after half time..

Mind boggling..

Sun May 28, 2017 1:56 am
World XV Player

wasp wrote:
Troron wrote:

They're like 20 games unbeaten in the league. Last 3 games they've comprehensively beaten the other 3 teams in the top 4.

Still 3 or 4 more expensive players away from being a European threat, but that was not a one off

Need a new wing opposite Steff Evans is the most obvious need for next year to replace Liam and DTH.

Sun May 28, 2017 1:58 am
World XV Player

Because of the win against leinster and the ospreys I decided to watch this game and what a treat, it seem we can run and pass the ball and use the top 3inch's. what a difference to the bish bash we have been witness to the last 8=9 yrs
Many on here were convinced bish bash was the only way we could play, well Llanelli have blown that out the water
Congratulations to the coaches who have shown us what rugby truly is, well done :thumbright: :D

Sun May 28, 2017 7:22 am
Youth Player

Troron wrote:

One off??? I'm sure their last 6 or so wins, they have scored 3 or 4 tries in the first half hour.....
....oh the ospreys were misfiring..... Had a bad game....
....oh lienster were misfiring... Had a bad game....
.....oh munster were misfiring.... Had a bad game.....

Before them it was the dragons....Edinburgh.... Treviso.....hardly the stalwarts of 'man-up rugby' but it shows a continuous and improving level of performance.

It' called the scarlet effect.....mentioned in hushed undertones

Sun May 28, 2017 8:56 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

sassuwunnu wrote:
Troron wrote:

One off??? I'm sure their last 6 or so wins, they have scored 3 or 4 tries in the first half hour.....

Before them it was the dragons....Edinburgh.... Treviso.....hardly the stalwarts of 'man-up rugby' but it shows a continuous and improving level of performance.

And! Not to forget last years Pro 12 winners Connaught (away). Some one said above "a one off" I hardly think so. It is a new mind set and good coaching and a bunch of players putting the team first and playing for each other and us spectators and fans.
LEST we forget - one loss in the last 11 games: :D
17 Feb 17
Scarlets Zebre
42 7
24 Feb 17
Munster Scarlets
21 30
04 Mar 17
Leinster Scarlets
45 9
24 Mar 17
Scarlets Edinburgh
26 10
08 Apr 17
Scarlets Treviso
51 5
15 Apr 17
Dragons Scarlets
16 21
29 Apr 17
Connacht Scarlets
8 30
06 May 17
Scarlets Ospreys
40 17
Pro 12, Playoffs
19 May 17
Leinster Scarlets
15 27
27 May 17
Munster Scarlets
22 46
:king: :occasion5: :cheers:

Sun May 28, 2017 9:23 am
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

Well done Scarlett's on a great win. It's fantastic for a league to have the champions of that league playing this style of rugby. I haven't really seen enough of Davis at 7 having only watched the last 3 Scarlett's games, so maybe he does have a real obvious weakness in his game that I just haven't seen yet, seems really odd he's left out of the wales summer squad.

Last year Connacht won playing a similar style of rugby, its great to see the league been so competitive think it's been Scottish Irish and Welsh winners the last three years. Genuinely believe this league is now more competitive than it's much vaunted English counterpart. Now if the Italians could step up next year!!!

Sun May 28, 2017 9:28 am

sassuwunnu wrote:
Troron wrote:

More All Blackish than Scarlet. Great to watch though

Sun May 28, 2017 10:16 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Because of the win against leinster and the ospreys I decided to watch this game and what a treat, it seem we can run and pass the ball and use the top 3inch's. what a difference to the bish bash we have been witness to the last 8=9 yrs
Many on here were convinced bish bash was the only way we could play, well Llanelli have blown that out the water
Congratulations to the coaches who have shown us what rugby truly is, well done :thumbright: :D

Sun May 28, 2017 11:05 am
World XV Player

What about that then. :cheers:

Nothing 'one-off' about this result. The Coaches went to NZ last summer and spent some time learning a new (to them) style of rugby. The season started poorly as the players were adjusting to this new style. The fans were getting impatient and calling for the coaches heads on a plate. The coaches and players however could see their style of rugby was producing opportunities for tries - they just needed to 'click'

They stuck with the style and once they clicked they became unstoppable. It's a style the players like and they play with a smile on their faces. I think they have set the bar in terms of rugby style - the rest will have to follow which is great for Pro12 rugby.

PS - Pivac and Stephen Jones the Welsh coaching team in waiting. 8)

Sun May 28, 2017 11:07 am
World XV Player

What a lovely day it is today.

Sun May 28, 2017 11:18 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

A few happy faces there GN. :D

Sun May 28, 2017 11:23 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next