It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:52 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Leinster v Llanelli 
Regional Junior Player

Post Re: Leinster v Llanelli
Rob Evans simply should be on the tour. You can see how driven he is all the time - it rubs off on the others.
Dare I say Samson is (slowly) getting his strength back. One forgets he is still very young.
Davies clearly deserves a chance. He is one of only a few players that you notice EVERY GAME with special contributions.
Steff Evans clearly the most improved Welsh rugby player this season - good on him.
Jonathan Davies - where have you been the last 4 years. I genuinely think he will be the Lions outside centre - his timing in terms of form is perfect! All of a sudden he can pass, make breaks again, which adds to his very strong defensive game.

The young ones/replacements - great attitude. They all truly seized the moment!

and Stephen Jones - he would add so much to the Welsh attack game in terms of his coaching. Very impressive!

Well done! Many Welsh teams of the past would have felt sorry for themselves when they went down to 14 and capitulated. Very brave!

Follow that if you can Ospreys!

Fri May 19, 2017 11:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Back home, I must admit I was pissed off when Steff was given red.
Surely there is a difference between intentional and unintentional tip tackle.
Probably not but as you have it, to win with 14 men for 40 minutes gives us more glory. :D

Well we have laid down a marker for Ospreys, lets see if they can match our feat tomorrow. :occasion5:

The red was the correct decision, he landed on his head and you'd have wanted a similar card were the situation reversed.

You did well to win with 14 men regardless, but you allowed us way too much space on occasion: if you do that in the final, it could well be fatal on the scoreboard.

Sean

I was surprised how bad Leinster were. Honestly, you played 14 men for 45 minutes and rarely looked like scoring.
Half back is your big problem, especially at 9, but Sexton did little also.

Sat May 20, 2017 12:33 am
World XV Player

Very good performance from the Scarlets - excellent.

Here's the video.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39914448

Sat May 20, 2017 7:47 am
British & Irish Lions Player

There's a Welsh team in the final.
Fantastic.

Sat May 20, 2017 8:19 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Great win and think scarlets had threatened some top results all season, beating Toulon, the last min draw with sarries, so I am pleased they got a big win to show what they ate capable of

Thought Samson was good and generally the back five were a nuisance all game.

I agree on James Davies... great performance and how isn't he going on tour?

Sat May 20, 2017 8:25 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Llew wrote:
Fantastic 40 mins from Scarlets, fair play. The red will be a game changer though, and they now have a mountain to climb.

Cawdor's niggle changed the result. We would have got a scrum 5 until he went Bodmin..
I don't understand why the ref gave a penalty against Cawdor. it was a scrum v not a drop out 22. It was handbags and Sexton was the guy who started it by trying to take a 22 when it was a scrumV.

As for the red card - ref could have at least given a yellow seeing Samson Lee contributed to the incident. i.e. left to his own devices, steff Evans could have completed a safe tackle.

As I said that would take guts..

If a Leinster player had done that to a Llanelli player you two would be screaming for more than a red card, death by um bongo wouldn't be enough. Amusing but c'mon, get a grip.
You're probably right fids. We are biased fans and what you are seeing here is the opinions of biased fans who only see one side. Maybe I should apologise for being so biased.

But I will ask one questions. Most Welsh fans thought that Warburton's red in the RWC was unfair - was this anywhere near as bad as that one?

Icey, he landed on his head and that's held to be dangerous tackling.

Sean
Yes, but that wasn't my point here. I held my hand up to being biased but asked not to be judged too harshly as every Welsh fan held the same opinion when Warbuton saw red in the RWC.

The question now is will Steff be banned for the final - hopefully not as I think he could fairly argue that it was Samson's intervention that caused the head to go into the ground.

Sat May 20, 2017 9:24 am
thread ruining clique

He didn't pick him up and drive him into the ground, so it wasn't a tip tackle, imo. Unfortunately I don't think the ref had any choice, due to the law not allowing for application of common sense.

Sat May 20, 2017 9:31 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Probably not but as you have it, to win with 14 men for 40 minutes gives us more glory. :D

Well we have laid down a marker for Ospreys, lets see if they can match our feat tomorrow. :occasion5:

The red was the correct decision, he landed on his head and you'd have wanted a similar card were the situation reversed.

You did well to win with 14 men regardless, but you allowed us way too much space on occasion: if you do that in the final, it could well be fatal on the scoreboard.

Sean

I was surprised how bad Leinster were. Honestly, you played 14 men for 45 minutes and rarely looked like scoring.
You have to hand it to the Scarlets though. People have totally underestimated them. But they were unbeaten at home in Europe and won 17 of their 19 Pro 12 games since September.

I think the Scarlets played the underdog card very well - the biggest deception since the Trojans said 'the Greeks have sailed away, lets nick that wooden horse they left outside'. :D

Sat May 20, 2017 9:32 am
World XV Player

Pivac and Stevo have done a good job over the past couple of seasons. Scarlets now have a pretty settled squad and I think that consistency pays dividends.

Sat May 20, 2017 9:47 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Superb win by the Scarlets.
Let's hope common sense prevails and Steff Evans is allowed to play in the final and go on tour with Wales to win his first cap - no malice in the tackle and I believe his disciplinary record is pretty much spotless to date.

Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 am
Junior Player

congrats i thought leinster would be too strong ,i was vey wrong

Sat May 20, 2017 11:45 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

great win, and what was even more pleasing they played good rugby and score excellent tries. There are lessons for for some national coaching group to take away from this performance, namely how to write a letter of resignation

Sat May 20, 2017 12:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Sean

9 is Ireland problem position. Gibson Park doesn't look like a good project at all especially when his team is behind. Sexton wasn't great and Carbery looks defensively weak at FB.

That said well done to Scarlets who won it the hard way. It does the League no good if the Irish teams dominate.

Sat May 20, 2017 4:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Methinks! Wayne Pivac is destined for higher honours.

Sat May 20, 2017 5:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

That was some win...on a par with 1972 dare I mention? !!

Sun May 21, 2017 12:31 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next