It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Leinster v Llanelli 
World XV Player

Post Leinster v Llanelli
David v Goliath comes to mind.
Any thoughts?

Mon May 15, 2017 10:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Leinster v Llanelli
The Scarlets are playing at Leinster on Friday. Ball will be missed. They need a flawless performance to win and I hope that they play well.

Mon May 15, 2017 10:36 pm
World XV Player

Will be tough for scarlets and may not have the quality through the 15 or bench to get over the line. But they do have some very good players so would not be too surprised if they get the upset

Patchell will be key and can't believe he isn't going on the summer tour!

Tue May 16, 2017 8:13 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I just hope that it's a close game. A win is a bit too much to ask for.

Tue May 16, 2017 9:12 am
World XV Player

Que le meilleur gagne, ...as long as its the Scarlets by at least one point ;)

Tue May 16, 2017 10:00 am
World XV Player

Tant qu'il est un bon jeu

Tue May 16, 2017 11:10 am
Schools District Player

Llanelli don't have any more games this season after they lost to Newport in the play offs last weekend.

I hope the Scarlets can beat Leinster mind!

Tue May 16, 2017 2:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
The Scarlets are playing at Leinster on Friday. Ball will be missed. They need a flawless performance to win and I hope that they play well.

Aye, i would say for this game, in particular, he would have been the player they could least afford to lose. :( But you never know, they are playing with confidence and no little adventure.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Tue May 16, 2017 2:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Leinster are shit

Tue May 16, 2017 2:38 pm
World XV Player

Weather for Friday night could be dry. Only a small chance of rain.
Hopefully we have an open running game, which will suit us, I think. :D

Tue May 16, 2017 4:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Weather for Friday night could be dry. Only a small chance of rain.
Hopefully we have an open running game, which will suit us, I think. :D

Their running game is excellent, off the training ground moves and a centre oartnership that is penetrative.

Pound for pound they are better than Scarlets but Scarlets have worked up a good head of steam, seem confident in one another, well coached and could spring a surprise.

Winning the back riw battle will be difficult?

Bookies have it Leinster by 11

Tue May 16, 2017 9:45 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

The farce that is the play offs! And what for , money I'd say.
As ever, I believe whoever is top of the table after the teams have all played each other deserves to be called pro 12 champs. We could end up with an Ospreys/Scarlett final and I just can't get my head around that any of those two can be crowned pro 12 champs. Its farcical, for example, a team could end up in 4th place 15 points behind the top team at the end of the season and still go on to win a brief mini knock out series of 2 games. And who needs such games so close to the start of a Lions tour, madness.

Wed May 17, 2017 9:21 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

You have a good point Cosh and yes it is mainly about money but it also makes the season a bit more interesting. It also allows the teams who have a lot of international players a chance to reclaim some of the ground they lose during six nations and the Autumn games.

A few years ago if you were out of the title race and guaranteed Europe, you didn't need to bother playing well in the league. This year, the fourth spot did make things a bit more fun.

I do think there should be a league title and a play off for a kind of winners cup.

Wed May 17, 2017 10:24 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The playoff system increases the enjoyment of the league for more people in my opinion.

And if the Scarlets or Ospreys were to win the league despite being 3rd and 4th placed at this stage, then you have to say that they would be the best in the league as they would have won according to the rules laid down for the competition this season. They would have timed their run to hit their peak for the payoffs, just like a runner times his run for the last lap of the race. You wouldn't say a runner didn't deserve to win his race because he was 4th coming into the final stages.

Wed May 17, 2017 11:17 am
World XV Player

I'd like to see it split into a league and a domestic cup thing. So Munster won the league and now they are playing for the cup.

Wed May 17, 2017 11:21 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next