It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:26 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Judgement Day 
World XV Player

Post Judgement Day
Judgement Day is not only at the Principality Stadium. It's also being held at Thomond Park, Limerick.
Part of the judgement will be all over by 5:00pm
Then comes the big one at 5:15pm hopefully, it's the clincher. :D

Saturday, April 15

Cardiff Blues v Ospreys 2:45 PM -- Principality Stadium, Cardiff
Munster v Ulster 3:00 PM -- Thomond Park, Limerick
Dragons v Scarlets 5:15 PM -- Principality Stadium, Cardiff

Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Judgement Day
I am really puzzled, this forum used to be very active, now it's almost dead.
Is there any reason for this?
What has happened to all the members?
I have seen a post by Bouch for ages and he used to be one of the most active. :dontknow:

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

People have lost interest in everything except the national team, or just use Twitter

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:16 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
People have lost interest in everything except the national team, or just use Twitter

Signs of the times. :D

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

Signs of the times. :D

It will be good if we could have all the oldies back for Judgement Day.

Maybe the moderators could write to all the members inviting them to post on Judgement Day.
Judgement Day this year is crucial for two of the Regions.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Undoubtedly the forum is quieter

That said there is degree of frustration with the national set up and the regional game is hardly flourishing.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:03 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Undoubtedly the forum is quieter

That said there is degree of frustration with the national set up and the regional game is hardly flourishing.

We're only struggling in the regional game because we can't afford to buy the top SH players. But saying that, we have two teams with a chance of a top 4 finish in the Pro 12.
Admittedly Ospreys let themselves down against Treviso, else they could and should have been looking for a home semi final
Anyway, I am looking forward to Judgement Day, only wish I could be at the Principality Stadium.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:23 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

BigRed wrote:
I have seen a post by Bouch for ages and he used to be one of the most active. :dontknow:

Bouch has poster every day? Don't know what site you've been looking at!

Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:33 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I can only speak for myself.

Look at the fixtures...the Blues game should be competitive but why would you be interested in the Dragons game? it hurts me to say it but they have become the laughing stock of Welsh regions. With the upcoming vote on whether to allow the WRU to take over likely to go the "wrong" way, why would you be interested?

I think Wales's performances were disappointing in the 6N and some like me don't care about the Lions.

I think I'm fed up with Welsh rugby and the way it is run. Run by morons. The lack of success on the domestic front leads to apathy or resignation. I think I post more on the politics side of things on here now.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:40 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

SimplyRed wrote:
I can only speak for myself.

Look at the fixtures...the Blues game should be competitive but why would you be interested in the Dragons game? it hurts me to say it but they have become the laughing stock of Welsh regions. With the upcoming vote on whether to allow the WRU to take over likely to go the "wrong" way, why would you be interested?

I think Wales's performances were disappointing in the 6N and some like me don't care about the Lions.

I think I'm fed up with Welsh rugby and the way it is run. Run by morons. The lack of success on the domestic front leads to apathy or resignation. I think I post more on the politics side of things on here now.

I hear what you are saying, what has to happen to get yourself and other supporters more interested? Are we just 'fair weather' supporters? Do we only want to watch when we are on top?
England were cr@p from 2004 to 2015 that didn't drive their supporters away! Scotland have had one good season in +-15 years they still have their supporters.
Wales have won three Grand Slams in 12 years, yet we're crying because we're in a trough. What does that say for our Welsh psyche?
The way I look at this is from a different perspective, because we cannot buy the top SH players we have been developing our own home grown youngsters, surely this is a plus factor and is probably the reason why we punch above our weight. OK so we have had a bad season. The only really bad loss was against Scotland. Against a very good England we only lost in the last minute, we beat a very good Ireland team comprehensively, and only lost in the 100th minute against France.
So are we sh!t, I do not think so.
We have a wave of good young players coming through, what 6N team can boast of their top four props having an average age of just 24. 3 or 4 of our up and coming loose forwards are making waves and would not be out of place in an international team. We're not too shabby when it comes to second rows either. There are a number of youngsters putting up their hands in the backline as well.
The Wales backline has been hamstrung by the Biggar complex and playing off plan, I think that era has run it's course and I'm sure that this will change soon.
I personally think that next year 6N we are going to be the team to beat.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:16 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Perhaps it is quieter because it was a weekday not a match day, and in any event the big 6N and ECC matches are over.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:24 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

And Big Red: England were not crap, just mediocre relative to their high standards, which is not the same thing. Otherwise, you make good points. :thumbright:

Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:26 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I hear what you are saying, what has to happen to get yourself and other supporters more interested? Are we just 'fair weather' supporters? Do we only want to watch when we are on top?
England were cr@p from 2004 to 2015 that didn't drive their supporters away! Scotland have had one good season in +-15 years they still have their supporters.
Wales have won three Grand Slams in 12 years, yet we're crying because we're in a trough. What does that say for our Welsh psyche?
The way I look at this is from a different perspective, because we cannot buy the top SH players we have been developing our own home grown youngsters, surely this is a plus factor and is probably the reason why we punch above our weight. OK so we have had a bad season. The only really bad loss was against Scotland. Against a very good England we only lost in the last minute, we beat a very good Ireland team comprehensively, and only lost in the 100th minute against France.
So are we sh!t, I do not think so.
We have a wave of good young players coming through, what 6N team can boast of their top four props having an average age of just 24. 3 or 4 of our up and coming loose forwards are making waves and would not be out of place in an international team. We're not too shabby when it comes to second rows either. There are a number of youngsters putting up their hands in the backline as well.
The Wales backline has been hamstrung by the Biggar complex and playing off plan, I think that era has run it's course and I'm sure that this will change soon.
I personally think that next year 6N we are going to be the team to beat.

I'm still interested in rugby but I think its what TYPE........ive been playing and watching since the late 1960s I suppose, so I wont ever not like it, but getting fed up doesn't necessarily mean "don't like."
I support the drive to get more home grown players and I'm against cheque book charlies. Still I'm not against good foreign players who can pass on their knowledge to our younger players, like Teichmann did at the Dragons.
I think its the amount of false dawns that pisses me off!

Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:00 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:

They will be back if the Scarlets start losing. No fun seeing that West is Best once again. 8)

Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:20 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
BigRed wrote:

They will be back if the Scarlets start losing. No fun seeing that West is Best once again. 8)

Get used to it. :D

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next