It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:28 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Ospreys Vs Leinster (Sat 8th April- 3pm) 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:40 am
Posts: 30772
Location: Somewhere nice
Post Re: Ospreys Vs Leinster (Sat 8th April- 3pm)
SimplyRed wrote:
why oh why didn't Sam Davies kick that last penalty?? Very odd from Tandy et al.


Why Would he? Biggar is obviously first choice kicker, personally I would have given it to Davies but only because Biggar missed two earlier chances.


Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:27 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 58551
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Ospreys Vs Leinster (Sat 8th April- 3pm)
Keith L wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
why oh why didn't Sam Davies kick that last penalty?? Very odd from Tandy et al.


Why Would he? Biggar is obviously first choice kicker, personally I would have given it to Davies but only because Biggar missed two earlier chances.


Biggar had a big bandage on his head and didn't look with it..

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:57 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:40 am
Posts: 30772
Location: Somewhere nice
Post Re: Ospreys Vs Leinster (Sat 8th April- 3pm)
Langland Exile wrote:
Keith L wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
why oh why didn't Sam Davies kick that last penalty?? Very odd from Tandy et al.


Why Would he? Biggar is obviously first choice kicker, personally I would have given it to Davies but only because Biggar missed two earlier chances.


Biggar had a big bandage on his head and didn't look with it..


But he didnt say anything, he said it all after the match, but he sauntered up took the ball and went for it! Like I said personally id have taken the kick responsibilities off him, he *fupped* up two earlier chances. Again, personally I Think Biggar is his own worst enemy, he has a very high opinion of himself and doesnt put the team first!


Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:36 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 9457
Post Re: Ospreys Vs Leinster (Sat 8th April- 3pm)
Report etc and interestingly (?) the HIA detail ...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/39541820

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:15 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 43333
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Ospreys Vs Leinster (Sat 8th April- 3pm)
What Steve Tandy said post-match

In a post-match interview, Ospreys head coach Steve Tandy said Biggar was the right person to take the potentially match-winning kick from 40 metres out.

"I'm sure if Biggs didn't really feel like it at the time he'd have given the ball to Sam Davies," said Tandy.

"Dan has gone through the HIA, he's passed all the tests and we wouldn't be putting someone back on we didn't feel was right and ready to partake on the field.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've come to the conclusion that Biggar lied to the medics.

Quote:
"Are you okay, Dan?"

"Certainly, Mam".


For the man to say what he did AFTER the game was pretty dull. Dan, shush.

(I'm qualified to spot dull ...)


Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:59 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:59 pm
Posts: 2887
Post Re: Ospreys Vs Leinster (Sat 8th April- 3pm)
I think its better that the weakness in the HIA check was spotted here because of Biggar admitting he could not remember the previous 10 minutes, and it was better this happened then him denying it and leaving a problem in the system.

_________________
Leinster will never win this one, they are crap away from home.- JonnyJugLicker
Result - Northampton 7 - Leinster 40
Luck of the Irish for Leinster again.- JonnyJugLicker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLZ_kbWCvTU


Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:44 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 87673
Post Re: Ospreys Vs Leinster (Sat 8th April- 3pm)
true

_________________
Vote Covfefe

RIP Sean Spicer: "sometimes you can disagree with the facts" Awesome.


Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:49 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 3683
Post Re: Ospreys Vs Leinster (Sat 8th April- 3pm)
Leinsterblue wrote:
I think its better that the weakness in the HIA check was spotted here because of Biggar admitting he could not remember the previous 10 minutes, and it was better this happened then him denying it and leaving a problem in the system.


Spot on ! Ospreys have done everything correctly here, and look what happened.? Eventually WR will realise it's the system that's not functioning, not any component part of it. The Blue card system being introduced down under looks interesting, but I think that's below Pro level. Had that system been used here, Biggar wouldn't have returned to the field.


Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: najbritcol and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: