It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:54 am

Leinster vs Cardiff 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Leinster vs Cardiff
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Lost by a point and blues improving but no tight five means they will end up on the wrong end of the score board in these tight games

Hoeta has been a massive disappointment and Earle is a journeyman. Sending on Andrews to shore up a scrum says it all about the Georgian who started at TH. hopefully the two locks who are arriving in the summer will strengthen that area

Anyone who says Matthew Morgan is an international player just needs to look at the game today

Blues lost a lot of composure when anscombe went off that was an odd substitution

Agree with all that. A scrum that just holds its own and we win easily.

Hoeata somehow seems to have got a million year contract, and we managed to find the only Georgian prop who can't scrummage.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Lost by a point and blues improving but no tight five means they will end up on the wrong end of the score board in these tight games

Hoeta has been a massive disappointment and Earle is a journeyman. Sending on Andrews to shore up a scrum says it all about the Georgian who started at TH. hopefully the two locks who are arriving in the summer will strengthen that area

Anyone who says Matthew Morgan is an international player just needs to look at the game today

Blues lost a lot of composure when anscombe went off that was an odd substitution

Coaching by numbers does not always work as Wales proved this year-good effort from Cardiff, with no tight 5

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:57 pm
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:

Hoeata somehow seems to have got a million year contract, and we managed to find the only Georgian prop who can't scrummage.

Aye a decent TH could have made the difference today... the lack of a tight five means blues are losing games they could have won which is taking away from the progress they have made in other areas. And of course not taking the points that would push them up the table

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Stockholm Blue wrote:

Aye a decent TH could have made the difference today... the lack of a tight five means blues are losing games they could have won which is taking away from the progress they have made in other areas. And of course not taking the points that would push them up the table

It has been a problem for, what, about a decade now? Can't remember the last time we had a really credible tight head ... Filise when he was younger I guess, and he is probably still first choice!

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cuthbert played well today

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:30 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Cuthbert played well today

Pro 12 is his level.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:33 pm
Profile E-mail

I missed the match, but it does look like the Blues gave Leinster (albeit missing a number of key players) a serious run for their money. (All the same, Blues were not actually full strength either - Warburton was rested for a start).

Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:43 am
Profile E-mail

As for the point about Matthew Morgan, he'd be good at scoring or creating loads of tries against Tier Two and Three teams, but his defence in particular is too weak to compete against other Tier One teams. So, it depends what you mean by "international level".

Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:44 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

If any player cant compete against the best then he has no business being an international simple

Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:23 am

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
If any player cant compete against the best then he has no business being an international simple

Yes and no, hence why we describe players as "first choice", "second choice", "third choice" etc. Like I said, playing against Uruguay or Namibia does not require the same standards as playing against England or SANZAR.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

What two locks arriving in the summer? :scratch:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:48 pm
Regional Player

simondavis wrote:

Franco van der Merwe from Ulster and Damian Welch from Exeter, both confirmed ages ago.

They can't possibly be worse than the locks the Blues already have, but both are over 33 so I'm not expecting miracles.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Figaro wrote:
simondavis wrote:

Franco van der Merwe from Ulster and Damian Welch from Exeter, both confirmed ages ago.

They can't possibly be worse than the locks the Blues already have, but both are over 33 so I'm not expecting miracles.
They will steady the ship for the interim, but the blues will still have to find players for the future, with a future.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
Figaro wrote:
simondavis wrote:

They will steady the ship for the interim, but the blues will still have to find players for the future, with a future.

Rory Thornton and/or Adam Beard would have been ideal. They need to be regularly starting, not standing in the queue behind AWJ, Bradley Davies and Lloyd Ashley.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Figaro wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
Figaro wrote:
simondavis wrote:

Rory Thornton and/or Adam Beard would have been ideal. They need to be regularly starting, not standing in the queue behind AWJ, Bradley Davies and Lloyd Ashley.

Yeah, the fact that Ospreys have had the most Wales stars of the four regions for many years is, ironically, in some ways their Achilles' heel. This is because the younger and up-and-coming players are given a lot less game time in favour of the 'stars' and often become shell-shocked when they do have to participate in major matches.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:59 pm
Profile E-mail