It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:53 am

Leinster vs Cardiff 
World XV Player

Post Re: Leinster vs Cardiff
Figaro wrote:
simondavis wrote:

What two locks arriving in the summer? :scratch:

Franco van der Merwe from Ulster and Damian Welch from Exeter, both confirmed ages ago.

They can't possibly be worse than the locks the Blues already have, but both are over 33 so I'm not expecting miracles.

Thanks. I'd forgotten about The Saffer Ulsterman. I didn't know about the prodigal returning. Poundland locks on a budget coming to the end their careers. I should have known. There must be some exceptional young locks coming through at The Blues because of these signings.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:52 pm
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
If any player cant compete against the best then he has no business being an international simple

Yes and no, hence why we describe players as "first choice", "second choice", "third choice" etc. Like I said, playing against Uruguay or Namibia does not require the same standards as playing against England or SANZAR.

But second and third choices usually play when the first choice is unavailable, wwhy not play an under 20s player who could be much improved by the experience instead of some nearly done it. The best should play if Wales wants to play teams like the ones you've suggested then there should be players who are on the fringes or a B team to accommodate them. Caps should be earned not just given.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:13 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
If any player cant compete against the best then he has no business being an international simple

Yes and no, hence why we describe players as "first choice", "second choice", "third choice" etc. Like I said, playing against Uruguay or Namibia does not require the same standards as playing against England or SANZAR.

But second and third choices usually play when the first choice is unavailable, wwhy not play an under 20s player who could be much improved by the experience instead of some nearly done it. The best should play if Wales wants to play teams like the ones you've suggested then there should be players who are on the fringes or a B team to accommodate them. Caps should be earned not just given.

Well, if you look at the team that played against Uruguay in the RWC2015, it was a composite of more regular players - Captain Sam, Scott and Liam Williams etc. - and more peripheral players like Cory Allen (who actually scored a hat-trick), James King and indeed Morgan himself.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:30 pm
Profile E-mail