It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:20 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Treviso vs Swansea 
World XV Player

Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
[quote="najbritcol"]It was an abysmal and deplorable performance by the Ospreys for sure. However, to put things a little bit into context:

(2) One bad game (yes, even to a side as lowly as Treviso) proves nothing about Sam Davies' international ability (or lack thereof). Until today, he has been on the vanguard of the Ospreys's improved attack a lot more than Biggar has, and even last season rescued crucial games in the Pro 12 and Europe against the Blues and Clermont respectively when Biggar went off injured.

They needed to win this game today, and when they scored at half time to make it 7-5, the need for change of tactics was really obvious to anyone with a brain, but Davies played the same way in the second half, and they lost deservedly.

No international 10 would allow that to happen.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:11 am
World XV Player

Well thats a massive spanner in the works!

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:10 am
World XV Player

People moan about how mouthy biggar is on the pitch but he doesn't 1/2 give his team direction.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:52 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:20 pm
World XV Player

Is a shame that a poor team performance is being focussed on one or two players. Always the same in Wales be it with the national side or club side

We celebrate or criticise individuals too much in my opinion and don't focus on the team function

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

A dreadful team performance :angry4:

Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Is a shame that a poor team performance is being focussed on one or two players. Always the same in Wales be it with the national side or club side

We celebrate or criticise individuals too much in my opinion and don't focus on the team function

The forwards won ball, Davies just hoofed it downfield all night. The few times they ran or counter attacked, they looked dangerous. If that is not up to the 10, who should it be?

Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:47 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:

The forwards won ball, Davies just hoofed it downfield all night. The few times they ran or counter attacked, they looked dangerous. If that is not up to the 10, who should it be?

The leaders and management for a start... if Davies kept kicking good ball away then someone should have got a grip of him. Individuals make errors the collective pulls you through but probably doesn't fit your anti Davies agenda

Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I don't have one, just commenting on the game. It's the 10 that dictates the style of play, and he kicked everything. Their try came from a counterattck, which was one of the few times they ran. Moreover he kicked badly, finding defenders all night.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:43 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
I don't have one, just commenting on the game. It's the 10 that dictates the style of play, and he kicked everything.

Depends if its his idea or strict coaching instructions.

Quote:
Their try came from a counterattck, which was one of the few times they ran. Moreover he kicked badly, finding defenders all night.

That's his fault though.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Langland Exile wrote:

The leaders and management for a start... if Davies kept kicking good ball away then someone should have got a grip of him. Individuals make errors the collective pulls you through but probably doesn't fit your anti Davies agenda
I watched the game, whomever was calling the shots was not very good at calling the shots, in fact he should be shot. And Davies is shit (no agenda).

Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

I watched the game, whomever was calling the shots was not very good at calling the shots, in fact he should be shot. And Davies is shit (no agenda).

Shot with the shots he was supposed to be calling? :D

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

This was more or less the same Ospreys team that put 64 points on Treviso back in September. :scratch:

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:52 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
This was more or less the same Ospreys team that put 64 points on Treviso back in September. :scratch:

Hate to tell you this but history means nothing.

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:06 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

ICEverything wrote:

Actually it wasn't - Webb, AWJ and Biggar all came on as replacements in that match.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:32 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next