It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:20 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Treviso vs Swansea 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 58198
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
[quote="najbritcol"]It was an abysmal and deplorable performance by the Ospreys for sure. However, to put things a little bit into context:


(2) One bad game (yes, even to a side as lowly as Treviso) proves nothing about Sam Davies' international ability (or lack thereof). Until today, he has been on the vanguard of the Ospreys's improved attack a lot more than Biggar has, and even last season rescued crucial games in the Pro 12 and Europe against the Blues and Clermont respectively when Biggar went off injured.

They needed to win this game today, and when they scored at half time to make it 7-5, the need for change of tactics was really obvious to anyone with a brain, but Davies played the same way in the second half, and they lost deservedly.

No international 10 would allow that to happen.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:11 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:40 am
Posts: 30763
Location: Somewhere nice
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
Well thats a massive spanner in the works!


Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:10 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:48 pm
Posts: 12239
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
People moan about how mouthy biggar is on the pitch but he doesn't 1/2 give his team direction.


Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:52 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 87352
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
Image

_________________
Sometimes we can disagree with the facts

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean


Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:20 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 3096
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
Is a shame that a poor team performance is being focussed on one or two players. Always the same in Wales be it with the national side or club side

We celebrate or criticise individuals too much in my opinion and don't focus on the team function


Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 589
Location: Swansea
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
A dreadful team performance :angry4:


Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 58198
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Is a shame that a poor team performance is being focussed on one or two players. Always the same in Wales be it with the national side or club side

We celebrate or criticise individuals too much in my opinion and don't focus on the team function


The forwards won ball, Davies just hoofed it downfield all night. The few times they ran or counter attacked, they looked dangerous. If that is not up to the 10, who should it be?

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:47 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 3096
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
Langland Exile wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Is a shame that a poor team performance is being focussed on one or two players. Always the same in Wales be it with the national side or club side

We celebrate or criticise individuals too much in my opinion and don't focus on the team function


The forwards won ball, Davies just hoofed it downfield all night. The few times they ran or counter attacked, they looked dangerous. If that is not up to the 10, who should it be?


The leaders and management for a start... if Davies kept kicking good ball away then someone should have got a grip of him. Individuals make errors the collective pulls you through but probably doesn't fit your anti Davies agenda


Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 58198
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
I don't have one, just commenting on the game. It's the 10 that dictates the style of play, and he kicked everything. Their try came from a counterattck, which was one of the few times they ran. Moreover he kicked badly, finding defenders all night.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:43 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Posts: 22463
Location: Cayman Islands
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
Langland Exile wrote:
I don't have one, just commenting on the game. It's the 10 that dictates the style of play, and he kicked everything.


Depends if its his idea or strict coaching instructions.

Quote:
Their try came from a counterattck, which was one of the few times they ran. Moreover he kicked badly, finding defenders all night.


That's his fault though.

_________________
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/


Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:41 pm
Posts: 29997
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Is a shame that a poor team performance is being focussed on one or two players. Always the same in Wales be it with the national side or club side

We celebrate or criticise individuals too much in my opinion and don't focus on the team function


The forwards won ball, Davies just hoofed it downfield all night. The few times they ran or counter attacked, they looked dangerous. If that is not up to the 10, who should it be?


The leaders and management for a start... if Davies kept kicking good ball away then someone should have got a grip of him. Individuals make errors the collective pulls you through but probably doesn't fit your anti Davies agenda
I watched the game, whomever was calling the shots was not very good at calling the shots, in fact he should be shot. And Davies is shit (no agenda).

_________________
You cannot enslave my mind, therefore I will always be a free man.
I can count my true friends on the hairs on the palms of my hands.


Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 6952
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
Thegrimriper wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Is a shame that a poor team performance is being focussed on one or two players. Always the same in Wales be it with the national side or club side

We celebrate or criticise individuals too much in my opinion and don't focus on the team function


The forwards won ball, Davies just hoofed it downfield all night. The few times they ran or counter attacked, they looked dangerous. If that is not up to the 10, who should it be?


The leaders and management for a start... if Davies kept kicking good ball away then someone should have got a grip of him. Individuals make errors the collective pulls you through but probably doesn't fit your anti Davies agenda
I watched the game, whomever was calling the shots was not very good at calling the shots, in fact he should be shot. And Davies is shit (no agenda).


Shot with the shots he was supposed to be calling? :D


Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 34753
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
This was more or less the same Ospreys team that put 64 points on Treviso back in September. :scratch:

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:52 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 87352
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
ICEverything wrote:
This was more or less the same Ospreys team that put 64 points on Treviso back in September. :scratch:


Hate to tell you this but history means nothing.

_________________
Sometimes we can disagree with the facts

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean


Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:06 pm
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1530
Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
ICEverything wrote:
This was more or less the same Ospreys team that put 64 points on Treviso back in September. :scratch:


Actually it wasn't - Webb, AWJ and Biggar all came on as replacements in that match.


Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:32 am
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: