It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:17 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Treviso vs Swansea 
World XV Player

Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
mr messy wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
mr messy wrote:
if you're going to kick, at least vary the length or height. you're losing the game after 64mins but you keep doing the same thing?

theyre kicking everything, so get 4 players back and run at them.

this is painful

No on field leadership, the Welsh disease?

summed but by their ex all black who taps and goes with a penalty on the 1/2 way line?

who just done it again?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Ospreys have no organization on field

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:23 pm
World XV Player

O's play off place in danger with AWJ out..

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:25 pm
World XV Player

That was shite

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:26 pm
World XV Player

Treviso deserved that :thumbup: Helps the Scarlets a lot :D :thumbup:

World XV Player

that must be what its like to watch a game week in week out as a dragons supporter :D

Profile E-mail
World XV Player

mr messy wrote:
that must be what its like to watch a game week in week out as a dragons supporter :D

The Dragons get the odd losing bonus point :P

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:30 pm
World XV Player

Missed Webb and Biggar, and also Tips....Davies is no international 10 on that showing

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:31 pm
Regional Junior Player

mr messy wrote:
but it seems like the Dragons are being given all the funds in the WRU kitty for being poor while teams that are making the effort are left out. It really does seem unfair , the more you work for the less you get. What other team has the WRU bought a ground for

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

abh29 wrote:
mr messy wrote:
but it seems like the Dragons are being given all the funds in the WRU kitty for being poor while teams that are making the effort are left out. It really does seem unfair , the more you work for the less you get. What other team has the WRU bought a ground for

At least the Scarlets got their Council to do it..the deal is a huge conflict of interest.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:34 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
abh29 wrote:
mr messy wrote:

At least the Scarlets got their Council to do it..the deal is a huge conflict of interest.

Osps lost a match .... poor display and correct criticism above,

Getting silly now, Pys and Drags circumstances getting involved.

People in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones, Scarlets just published a 1.5 m. deficit and they still havent paid the WRU debt haven't they. Read their going concern audit report.

Roll on 3 Regions Cardiff, Osps and whatever they call that outfit up North.

I feel better now... :blackeye: ;)

but Osps that was awful :blackeye: :blackeye:

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:56 pm
World XV Player

Just watched the game fast forwarding through the breaks.
Got to admit that I'm pleased I didn't waste more time watching it live.
I couldn't believe all the kicking back and forwards, with Treviso winning all the kicking battles and continuously gaining ground.
Where was the coach, why did he not tell the guys to stick their boots in their mouths?
I was extremely disappointed with Sam & Dan Evans, couldn't they see that they were losing the aerial battle?
Even if they couldn't see it, where was the coach?
They had about twenty or thirty possibilities for a counter attacked and kicked the ball away to 'superior' kickers in Treviso.
It was madness a totally inept display.
And as for Habberfield he was AWOL at the breakdown far too often.
IMHO only two players from Ospreys came away with their reputation intact they were Baker and Giles. The rest were shyte.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
abh29 wrote:
mr messy wrote:

Osps lost a match .... poor display and correct criticism above,

Getting silly now, Pys and Drags circumstances getting involved.

People in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones, Scarlets just published a 1.5 m. deficit and they still havent paid the WRU debt haven't they. Read their going concern audit report.

Roll on 3 Regions Cardiff, Osps and whatever they call that outfit up North.

I feel better now... :blackeye: ;)

but Osps that was awful :blackeye: :blackeye:

I don't think it is "silly", O Great Condescending One...

The Dragons are being acquired with 100% WRU money, what are the other Regions getting? The Ospreys have more centrally contracted players that the other regions combined, and the Scarlets have more players in the starting Welsh team.

All these issues inter twine, I can smell a side deal and discrimination a mile away , and the stench is getting stronger...

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:57 pm
World XV Player

Waw, Ospreys just got dragged down into the battle for 4th place with Scarlets and Ulster. Didn't see that coming. :shock:

Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:10 am
British & Irish Lions Player

It was an abysmal and deplorable performance by the Ospreys for sure. However, to put things a little bit into context:

(1) Although the Italian teams are usually lumped together as if they were identical to each other (some people even wrongly do that to the Welsh teams too), this isn't really the case. Unlike Zebre, Treviso have actually beaten all the Irish teams and Glasgow, as well as all the Welsh teams at some point.

(2) One bad game (yes, even to a side as lowly as Treviso) proves nothing about Sam Davies' international ability (or lack thereof). Until today, he has been on the vanguard of the Ospreys's improved attack a lot more than Biggar has, and even last season rescued crucial games in the Pro 12 and Europe against the Blues and Clermont respectively when Biggar went off injured.

(3) While it is probably true that the Pro 12 is less genuinely competitive than either the Aviva Premiership or the Top 14, in the sense that the gap between the top and bottom halves of the table is bigger than in the other two leagues, nevertheless upsets do occur here too. Leinster's last home loss in the league was actually to the Dragons in February 2015; Scarlets beat Munster away this season denying them even a losing bonus point; Treviso did the double over the Scarlets in the 2012-13 season - in fact, their home loss of 17-41 to Treviso was actually their biggest home loss in the league until last season's massacre by Glasgow.

Having said all this, as some other posters have already mentioned, one team that might benefit from this travesty is actually the Scarlets (providing they don't make the same errors when playing against Treviso in two weeks time that the Ospreys did, of course). Wayne Pivac has already said his main aim is to make the Scarlets usurp the Ospreys in being (considered as) the best Welsh regional team, and if the Ospreys don't quickly sort themselves out in their remaining Challenge Cup and Pro 12 matches, they may end up granting his wish.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:32 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next