It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Treviso vs Swansea 
World XV Player

Post Treviso vs Swansea
Sam Davies goes straight back into the Swansea starting line-up after returning from Six Nations action with Wales.

Despite suggestions Rob Howley's team lacked creativity, the fly-half didn't start a game for his country during the championship that finished last weekend.

But the 23-year-old is in the mix for Swansea's Guinness Pro12 encounter with Benetton Treviso at Stadio Comunale di Monigo on Saturday (7.35pm UK time).

The high-flying Welsh region will be looking to the skilful and inventive Davies to keep them on course for the play-offs and in contention for a home tie in the knock-out games.

Swansea are placed second with five rounds of regular-season matches still to play — Leinster and Ulster at home, Treviso, Cardiff and Llanelli away — but Steve Tandy has warned there is a big *Prys loves Liverpool* ahead for all the sides chasing play-off spots.

"It's going to be a rollercoaster for everyone but you have to be excited," said Tandy.

"We have some big games coming up, Welsh derbies and against teams competing at the top end for the play-offs.

“We are firmly in control of our own destiny and that’s a good place to be at this stage. We know that if we do what we have to do over the next five rounds we can secure a semi-final spot regardless of what anybody else does.

"But we’re well aware that’s not as easy as it sounds."

Swansea are not being helped by a gruesome injury list that sees 14 players deemed off limits, including skipper Alun Wyn Jones, who is set to be sidelined for at least six weeks with the shoulder problem he sustained playing for Wales against France in Paris.

Scott Baldwin picked up a cut head in that game and so sits out the trip to Treviso, while Dan Biggar, Justin Tipuric and Rhys Webb are rested. Nicky Smith, a late replacement at Stade de France, features on the bench.

“Everybody is really excited about what’s in store for us between now and the end of the season," said Tandy.

"Our performances so far have put us in a solid position to kick-on for the play-offs but there’s a hell of a lot of hard work ahead, so nobody is taking anything for granted.

"If we don’t maintain the standards we’ve set then everything we’ve done so far will go to waste."

The head coach added: “We want to be involved in these games, high stakes, at the end of the season and we want to make sure that we keep going until the end of May.

"It starts this weekend in Treviso against a side who are physical, who have a big pack and who will always cause a team problems.

"We’ve slipped up there a few times in the past, so we know that we’ve got to be at our best to get what we want."

Swansea: D. Evans; K. Giles, K. Fonotia, J. Matavesi, D. Howells; S. Davies, B. Leonard (capt); P. James, S. Parry, B. Mujati, L. Ashley, R. Thornton, J. King, D. Baker, O. Cracknell. Reps: S. Otten, N. Smith, R. Jones, T. Ardron, S. Underhill, T. Habberfield, J. Baker, J. Spratt.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... s-12792284

Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Treviso vs Swansea
Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin wrote:
The genius Sam Davies goes straight back into the Ospreys starting line-up after returning from Six Nations action with Wales. The 23-year-old is in the mix for the Osprey's Guinness Pro12 encounter with Benetton Treviso of Italy at Stadio Comunale di Monigo on Saturday (7.35pm UK time).

The high-flying Welsh region will be looking to the skilful and inventive Davies to keep them on course for the play-offs and in contention for a home tie in the knock-out games.

The Ospreys are placed second with five rounds of regular-season matches still to play.

“We are firmly in control of our own destiny and that’s a good place to be at this stage. We know that if we do what we have to do over the next five rounds we can secure a semi-final spot regardless of what anybody else does, said Coach Tandy.

The Ospreys are hindered by a gruesome injury list that sees 14 players deemed unavailable, including skipper Alun Wyn Jones, who is set to be sidelined for at least six weeks rehabilitating from the shoulder problem he sustained playing for the WRU's team against France in Paris.

Scott Baldwin picked up a sliced head in that game and so sits out the trip to Treviso, while Dan Biggar, Justin Tipuric and Rhys Webb are rested. Nicky Smith, a late replacement at Stade de France, features on the bench.

“Everybody is really excited about what’s in store for us between now and the end of the season," said Coach Tandy.

"Our performances so far have put us in a solid position to kick-on for the play-offs but there’s a hell of a lot of hard work ahead, so nobody is taking anything for granted. However, if we don’t maintain the standards we’ve set then everything we’ve done so far will go to waste."

The head coach added: “We want to be involved in these games, high stakes, at the end of the season and we want to make sure that we keep going until the end of May and it starts this weekend in Treviso against a side who are physical, who have a big pack and who will always cause a team problems.

"We’ve slipped up there a few times in the past, so we know that we’ve got to be at our best to get what we want."

Ospreys Team:

D. Evans; K. Giles, K. Fonotia, J. Matavesi, D. Howells; S. Davies, B. Leonard (capt); P. James, S. Parry, B. Mujati, L. Ashley, R. Thornton, J. King, D. Baker, O. Cracknell. Reps: S. Otten, N. Smith, R. Jones, T. Ardron, S. Underhill, T. Habberfield, J. Baker, J. Spratt.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/treviso-v-ospreys-team-news-12792284

It reads better now, doesn't it?

:D

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:03 am
World XV Player

Saviour watch. dan baker makes 50m from a scrum in behind the defense, and then peoples choice 10 kicks away the quick ball in behind the defence

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

treviso 7 - 0 in front. O's fringe defence non existent as treviso pick and drive all the way up the pitch

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

mr messy wrote:
treviso 7 - 0 in front. O's fringe defence non existent as treviso pick and drive all the way up the pitch

We can but hope :D

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:59 pm
Regional Player

Sam Davies likes to kick long. Not really working this game.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Terrible standard of play

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:08 pm
World XV Player

Nigel does not want to allow Treviso to use their scrum dominance

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:09 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Terrible standard of play

standard is a good term. there aren't loads of mistakes, knock on,s issed tackles bad passes to no-one etc, the basics are all there, it's just very low on skill

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Another dodgy decision by Nigel.. :D

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:16 pm
World XV Player

O's score just on half time..Treviso look tired already

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:18 pm
World XV Player

Good try by the O's in the end. cobblepot did well with an offload behind the player but shanks the conversion so 7-5 at 1/2 time

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Half time:

Treviso 7-5 Ospreys, O's gradually waking up..

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:20 pm
Regional Player

lovely try, good hands by Sam Davies.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Smaller crowd than even the Scarlets get :(

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:27 pm