It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:39 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Leinster vs Scarlets 
World XV Player

Post Re: Leinster vs Scarlets
Fids the Blindside wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Nigel was Nigel, didn't help the Scarlets at all.

I was wondering why they lost by 30 odd

Phew, it was Nige

:D :D :D

Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:10 am
World XV Player

It was very one sided, Leinster had too much pace, power and skill for the Scarlets on the day.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:51 am
World XV Player

men and boys im afraid.
Are Leinster so well resourced that money talks?

Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:12 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
wossa score'en

cough ...45/9

Leinster - 45

Tries.

L McGrath 2
Ruddock,
Carbery 2,
E Byrne,
Gibson-Park

Con: R Byrne 5

Nigel was Nigel, didn't help the Scarlets at all.

Missed several forward passes, plus a few KO's and one (right in front of him), 1-2 phases prior to the massive overlap and dropped ball thereon.

Sean

Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Let's not panic - this was just a bad day at the office. The Ospreys were massacred in a similar manner by Munster back in November (33-0). Moreover, don't forget this is only a week after the Scarlets won at Thomond Park for the first time since 2003, and on this occasion thanks to Howley they didn't have Aled Davies to save the day. In short, the Scarlets have not mutated into the Dragons just yet.

The Scarlets aren't the Dragons; I believe that's common consensus.

Neither are they a poor team, but we would (in my view) have won that match regardless.

We tackled with density/intensity, (I was particularly impressed with our suppression of McNicholl, one of the most dangerous runners I've ever seen). We had the upper hand in the set piece and executed well, even though we left at least 1 (and probably 2) tries on the field.

You ran with plenty of energy and offloads, but a lot of that was feet/inches from the touchline.

Just looking at the table (not seen the fixture run-in), it will be close for that play-off place.

Sean

Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:49 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Let's not panic - this was just a bad day at the office. The Ospreys were massacred in a similar manner by Munster back in November (33-0). Moreover, don't forget this is only a week after the Scarlets won at Thomond Park for the first time since 2003, and on this occasion thanks to Howley they didn't have Aled Davies to save the day. In short, the Scarlets have not mutated into the Dragons just yet.

The Scarlets aren't the Dragons; I believe that's common consensus.

Neither are they a poor team, but we would (in my view) have won that match regardless.

We tackled with density/intensity, (I was particularly impressed with our suppression of McNicholl, one of the most dangerous runners I've ever seen). We had the upper hand in the set piece and executed well, even though we left at least 1 (and probably 2) tries on the field.

You ran with plenty of energy and offloads, but a lot of that was feet/inches from the touchline.

Just looking at the table (not seen the fixture run-in), it will be close for that play-off place.

Sean

A good, well-rounded, non-hysterical, common sense post. :clap: Looking at the Scarlets' fixtures, they actually have the most favourable of the Welsh regions from now on, since they are the only ones not to be facing any of the Irish big three. My prediction is they will beat Treviso, the Dragons and Edinburgh with bonus points and Connacht and the Ospreys without one. As for Ulster, although they have their game in hand over Zebre which should temporarily take them above Scarlets, their fixtures after that are tougher, so I think Scarlets might just edge them into fourth place by the end of the season.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Well that turned into a bit of a route. :shock:

Leinster always looked in the driving seat and losing by 7 to 10 points would have been bearable. But Scarlets really lost it in a 15 minute spell just after half time. DTH seemed to have gone AWOL for two tries. I thought I was looking at an action replay when the second one was scored as they were identical.

Bottom line is we lost to a superior team but could have kept the score respectable if we hadn't made so many mistakes and took the few chances we had.

Plus points for me was McNicholl seems to be finding his feet and the young scrum half looked the part in the 2 minutes that he had on the pitch. Oh, and our Nige was a bit of a star wasn't he - giving the ball boy a yellow card. :D

Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Any team with 2 or 3 big carriers will be hard to beat by a team that has none.
Add to that their backs were sharp too, they had a decent bench and we had kids - AND most of our pack played over 70 mins last week and it's not hard to see why we were out on our feet by 50 mins.

Leinster are a brilliant side to be fair, but I'm still very proud of our performance in the 6N overall

Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

wasp wrote:
Any team with 2 or 3 big carriers will be hard to beat by a team that has none.
Add to that their backs were sharp too, they had a decent bench and we had kids - AND most of our pack played over 70 mins last week and it's not hard to see why we were out on our feet by 50 mins.

Leinster are a brilliant side to be fair, but I'm still very proud of our performance in the 6N overall

Well said

Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:04 pm
World XV Player

If I wasnt Welsh id be a Leinster supporter, as it is I'm a big fan!

Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:11 pm

wasp wrote:

Indeed, away victories at Glasgow and especially Munster are not to be sniffed at.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:03 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7