It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:36 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Llanelli v Zebra 
World XV Player

Post Re: Llanelli v Zebra
Only because you can't see over the heads of the kids in front :D

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:19 pm
World XV Player

Chris ScumV wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
I fail to understand how you can divide the game from the occasion? The game is the occasion.

I have to agree with Icey,

I go to Cardiff for the experience, then come home and WATCH the game on the TV.

I guess that's the challenge for the regions. Can they make match day a decent enough experience that people will want to go for 10 weekends a year?

it shouldn't be seen as a negative that people only go to international games for a good time.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:42 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Chris ScumV wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
I fail to understand how you can divide the game from the occasion? The game is the occasion.

I go to Cardiff for the experience, then come home and WATCH the game on the TV.

Dude, you don't stop talking long enough to watch a game. :D

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:42 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
Chris ScumV wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Dude, you don't stop talking long enough to watch a game. :D

:P :D

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:51 pm
World XV Player

I wont be going again for some time, i went to see the Scarets V Saracens, as i wanted to see a lower age group game in "the barn", that was highly entertaining, but thats where it stopped.

OK it was very cold and a nothing game.... but it was played like that. I went to the bar half time 2 pies and two pints just under £16. Why would i go, i would have paid not to have watched it. One girl behind the bar, they run out of larger, no spare barrel. It was an ordeal rahter than a pleasent experience. Half empty grounds, no atmosphere, poor quality games served up far to often. Its just not value for money. Unless it is made Into "an occassion" and in some clubs in Ireland and England and France they appear to create occassions, then its better watched on TV.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
I wont be going again for some time, i went to see the Scarets V Saracens, as i wanted to see a lower age group game in "the barn", that was highly entertaining, but thats where it stopped.

OK it was very cold and a nothing game.... but it was played like that. I went to the bar half time 2 pies and two pints just under £16. Why would i go, i would have paid not to have watched it. One girl behind the bar, they run out of larger, no spare barrel. It was an ordeal rahter than a pleasent experience. Half empty grounds, no atmosphere, poor quality games served up far to often. Its just not value for money. Unless it is made Into "an occassion" and in some clubs in Ireland and England and France they appear to create occassions, then its better watched on TV.

That's a part of the problem, clubs believe that they really don't have to do anything special.
Would not have figured you as a lager lout, BS? :P :D

Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:55 pm
Site Admin

Yep, more atmosphere on mars.

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:02 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

And it comes across on the TV. The TV is the first place people will experience a regional game. I think there are certain times if the year when they should really push the boat out in a bid to sell themselves. Scarlets going well on the league, playing a game that's likely to be a huge home win: would it not have been worth giving a load of tickets away in a bid to fill the seats, knowing they're going to be on telly the week after Wales England?

I'm trying to not turn this into a region bash, but rather suggest ways things could be better. I watched the Scarlets game, wouldn't normally bother, but getting withdrawal symptoms on 6N rest weekend, and I bet I'm not the only one.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:23 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Blindside wrote:

That's a part of the problem, clubs believe that they really don't have to do anything special.

Unfortunately larger lout sums me up quite well. I have cut down on the amount of times i drink, but if i drink i drink. :)

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Blindside wrote:

Unfortunately larger lout sums me up quite well. I have cut down on the amount of times i drink, but if i drink i drink. :)

Having run a bar to pay for my University education, I find not having a spare barrel as unforgivable. I got rid of all the bad bitter and lager at special events...disco nights.... ;)

Had to drain a pint a few times to keep punters calm though.. :P

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:04 pm
World XV Player

Disco nights... when was this bar ownership the 50s! At least you didn't say speak easy :occasion5:

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:32 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Chris ScumV wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

What Fids said.

Nothing's changed in 25 years ...

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:08 am
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Disco nights... when was this bar ownership the 50s! At least you didn't say speak easy :occasion5:

1973-77

Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:04 pm
thread ruining clique

This is Llanelli we're talking about. Disco hasn't happened yet. They're still all inconsolable about the Beatles breaking up.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:17 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
This is Llanelli we're talking about. Disco hasn't happened yet. They're still all inconsolable about the Beatles breaking up.

I was talking about Central London, although I saw Black Sabbath and Mott the Hoople at the Glen Ballroom :thumbup:

Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:02 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next