It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Llanelli v Zebra 
World XV Player

Post Re: Llanelli v Zebra
Its not the club's fault Spins. Never is.

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:00 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
No, but you might have an interest in watching a game?
You might be curious?
You may think, hell, I just watched a blood and thunder game in which seventy thousand people sang the anthem and I nearly creamed my pants because it was so passionate. Maybe I'll check out the regional rugby. Oh dear, what's this? This is a poor imitation.
Potential fan who may put money into your club is lost.
It's not rocket science.
Your making an assumption that it's the game that draws people to the internationals and not the occasion. This is a huge assumption.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:59 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
You might be curious?
You may think, hell, I just watched a blood and thunder game in which seventy thousand people sang the anthem and I nearly creamed my pants because it was so passionate. Maybe I'll check out the regional rugby. Oh dear, what's this? This is a poor imitation.
It's not rocket science.

Just asking like, but when is the last time you went to Llanelli? It's a ghost town now, compared to what it was 30-40 years ago
There's no jobs and no money there.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:46 am
thread ruining clique

ICEverything wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
You might be curious?
It's not rocket science.
Your making an assumption that it's the game that draws people to the internationals and not the occasion. This is a huge assumption.

I think it's actually yourself that is making the assumption. You assume everyone who goes to watch Wales knows nothing about rugby and is simply there to get drunk. You discount the fact that people travel from all corners of the country, preferring to believe the stadium is simply full of Cardiff tarts out on a hen do.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:40 am
thread ruining clique

Langland Exile wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
You might be curious?
It's not rocket science.

Just asking like, but when is the last time you went to Llanelli? It's a ghost town now, compared to what it was 30-40 years ago

Pretty bad place to home a pro sports team, in that case.
And no, I've never been to Llanelli. I perhaps ought to have done, being as for five years it was the playing base of my 'local region', but then a three hundred mile round trip to watch a home game gets a bit expensive.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:43 am
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
You might be curious?
It's not rocket science.

I think it's actually yourself that is making the assumption. You assume everyone who goes to watch Wales knows nothing about rugby and is simply there to get drunk. You discount the fact that people travel from all corners of the country, preferring to believe the stadium is simply full of Cardiff tarts out on a hen do.

Now you have made an assumption about my assumption. :D

What I actually said was that it's the occasion that draws people to the Internationals. Yes the game is part of that, but the occasion is much bigger. The occasion is nowhere near the same for regional games.

Now I do agree with you that more kids are likely to take up rugby after for instance a successful Welsh campaign, just like any other sport. But that is participation and is probably true for any sport. But I'm not sure that it translates to spectating.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:26 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
You might be curious?
It's not rocket science.

Pretty bad place to home a pro sports team, in that case.
And no, I've never been to Llanelli. I perhaps ought to have done, being as for five years it was the playing base of my 'local region', but then a three hundred mile round trip to watch a home game gets a bit expensive.

Never been to llanelli spinny. :shock:

You're letting the best in life pass you by mate. :D

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:28 pm
thread ruining clique

I fail to understand how you can divide the game from the occasion? The game is the occasion.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:55 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

spinbreath wrote:
I fail to understand how you can divide the game from the occasion? The game is the occasion.

I think he means the crowds, the entertainment etc. that go around the match.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:14 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

So in other words, anything but the rugby? Make fans of the national side look like idiots, which makes the regional attendances look less bad because only none-idiots turn up.
Sorry, not buying it.
I stand by my original point. The regions should be pulling all the stops out right now to try and pull in the floating voters. The 6N is free advertising for their product.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:09 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

So in other words, anything but the rugby? Make fans of the national side look like idiots, which makes the regional attendances look less bad because only none-idiots turn up.
Sorry, not buying it.
I stand by my original point. The regions should be pulling all the stops out right now to try and pull in the floating voters. The 6N is free advertising for their product.
Eh. I'm afraid I don't understand your banter old boy :scratch:

But never mind, you don't need me for this debate as you are deciding what my side of the argument is and arguing against what you think it is that I might say. :D

Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:07 pm
thread ruining clique

ICEverything wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Sorry, not buying it.
Eh. I'm afraid I don't understand your banter old boy :scratch:

But never mind, you don't need me for this debate as you are deciding what my side of the argument is and arguing against what you think it is that I might say. :D

When you make assumptions you make an ass out of me and your umption. :)

Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:35 pm
World XV Player

If grand slams and RWC semi finals don't get them though the door guess what?

They don't want to got through the door

and havn't done for 14 years, die cast, beds made. get the *fupp* on with it.

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:01 pm
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
If grand slams and RWC semi finals don't get them though the door guess what?

They don't want to got through the door

and havn't done for 14 years, die cast, beds made. get the *fupp* on with it.

We had about 500 for our game here yesterday..mainly teenagers and their parents for the game scheduled after ours. Shame we played so badly..

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:16 pm
Site Admin

spinbreath wrote:

I have to agree with Icey,

I go to Cardiff for the experience, then come home and WATCH the game on the TV.

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:01 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next