It is currently Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:19 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
How about a Pro 10? 
World XV Player

Post Re: How about a Pro 10?
What did occur to me was allowing the Italian teems to have facilities at Newport ground.
Travel from Italy must be a large part of the cost, as well as disrupting the players. Shared facilities in UK would be better fro them, and would boost newport considerably, especially in training. OK, it would mean no home groung for Zebra, but there are very many Welsh Italians in South Wales who would probably adopt them.

This also works well for the other teams who go to Newport instead of Italy. There would be clashes of schedules, and when they play each other, but the original idea was to have some games at feeder club grounds was it not?

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

soap wrote:
What did occur to me was allowing the Italian teems to have facilities at Newport ground.
Travel from Italy must be a large part of the cost, as well as disrupting the players. Shared facilities in UK would be better fro them, and would boost newport considerably, especially in training. OK, it would mean no home groung for Zebra, but there are very many Welsh Italians in South Wales who would probably adopt them.

This also works well for the other teams who go to Newport instead of Italy. There would be clashes of schedules, and when they play each other, but the original idea was to have some games at feeder club grounds was it not?

This isn't a serious post. Is it?

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

bumble wrote:
soap wrote:

As serious as any other. Why?

Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:56 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

soap wrote:
bumble wrote:
soap wrote:

It doesn't matter.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

bumble wrote:
soap wrote:
bumble wrote:
soap wrote:

It doesn't matter.
:D

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

bumble wrote:
soap wrote:

it might make sense for the Italians to playback to back road games in Wales/Ireland/Scotland?

Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:39 pm
World XV Player

soap wrote:

I think you are right. What Rodney Parade also need is two other Italian teams playing there. Extra revenue could be made by renting the ground out to the ploughing championships.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
soap wrote:

I think you are right. What Rodney Parade also need is two other Italian teams playing there. Extra revenue could be made by renting the ground out to the ploughing championships.

Thank goodness the surface of Rodney Parade is plastic. 4 teams on that pitch would have really made it mud heap.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

bumble wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
soap wrote:

Thank goodness the surface of Rodney Parade is plastic. 4 teams on that pitch would have really made it mud heap.

Plastic pitch? I thought it was a snooker table surface! :D

Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:45 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

jimcardiff wrote:
How about a pro 16 with more Welsh teams involved , more players playing at a higher level more strength in depth

Must be a wind-up, surely?

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:17 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

bumble wrote:
soap wrote:

Can't be. This is a wind-up thread, I've realised that now.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I find it interesting that people actually think if you wind side A up you can put the best players in side B

The players will go where their agents can get the best deal for them, where ever that is

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:23 pm
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
soap wrote:

I did not say playing there. I did mention them using other premier grounds though. No, based there, so there are shared facilities and shared expenses.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
I find it interesting that people actually think if you wind side A up you can put the best players in side B

The players will go where their agents can get the best deal for them, where ever that is

They already have!

Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

I can see why the Italians would want to be in the celtic league for now but I can't see what's in it for the rest of us.
If the 2 teams start performing, France will invite them in.
Or if rugby takes off in Italy they'll probably start their own league.
Either way we're just a stopgap while they're useless.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next