It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:32 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Scarlets v Ulster 
World XV Player

Post Re: Scarlets v Ulster
Great result for scarlets but game was terrible

A win is a win as they say

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Great result for scarlets but game was terrible

A win is a win as they say

precisely

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:59 pm
World XV Player

Oh well, at least we stuffed Zebre 70-6....that's some consolation for Irish rugby tonight

.....isn't it?

Sean

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:20 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Oh well, at least we stuffed Zebre 70-6....that's some consolation for Irish rugby tonight

.....isn't it?

Sean

Nope :thefinger:

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:25 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ironrobson21 wrote:
Blindside wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
Blindside wrote:
except he was held up of course

When you get down to justifying new rules with piss poor arguments you know the new rules are shit.

Refs get hard enough time as it is, these inflexible rules are going to make them look stupid.

I disagree with the changes but can see why they are being made. Both were not dangerous, both were mainly achieved by tha hand around body supplement with a arm over the top of the shoulders. Players are going to have to adjust and change their technique. It as effectively become a below the arm pit tackle game.

so, dive into the tackle and you'll get a positive result

Its taken tackling out of the game

You have a point, but the Llanelli tackle in particular could easily have hit under the arm pits. The pick and go from the base of the rucks are another problem area. :dontknow:

What should the Ulster no.8 have done, just wave him through. He was so low to the ground there was no other way of tackling him.

Factually incorrect he could have tackled him, but it would have been next to impossible to prevent the try.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:56 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
I've just looked at the incident again. First off the No8 was offside so thats one reason to penalise and yellow card him plus penalty try. Second, Trimble smacked him in the chops and possibly a worse case for a yelow card, plus the No5 came in with a sly punch on the floor, plus as the ball wasn't grounded and in fact not across the try line, there was a case for a yellow card for the No8 not rolling away.

I think Ulster got away lightly with just one yellow card and a penalty try. :D

I think Ulster lost a game they should have won. Not saying your biased mind Rob ;)

Conditions obviously effected the quality of the game. What's going on with LIam Williams he hasn't seemed happy for a few games. Reading his lips he wanted to know "what the *fups* that about" regarding his removal in last 10 minutes. Coaches left a kid on who looked suspect at 15 in very bad conditions in a very tight game. I had to wonder, what the *fups* that about...... Any idea ?

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:03 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Ref decides game, why do we bother?

Go to a match recently? :P

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:13 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
I've just looked at the incident again. First off the No8 was offside so thats one reason to penalise and yellow card him plus penalty try. Second, Trimble smacked him in the chops and possibly a worse case for a yelow card, plus the No5 came in with a sly punch on the floor, plus as the ball wasn't grounded and in fact not across the try line, there was a case for a yellow card for the No8 not rolling away.

You tell them, Rob :thumbup:

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:17 am
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

I think Ulster lost a game they should have won. Not saying your biased mind Rob ;)

Conditions obviously effected the quality of the game. What's going on with LIam Williams he hasn't seemed happy for a few games. Reading his lips he wanted to know "what the *fups* that about" regarding his removal in last 10 minutes. Coaches left a kid on who looked suspect at 15 in very bad conditions in a very tight game. I had to wonder, what the *fups* that about...... Any idea ?

None, but this announcing of new contracts for other clubs halfway through the season has to stop. There should be windows established but this is silly

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:19 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Scarlets back in top 4 and need the Blues to do us a favour against Glasgow tomorrow. :cheers:

I could get all embarrassed about winning with a penalty try like that, but been on the end of poor decisions enough time to accept this one gracefully. :D . There was a far worse hit on Steff Evans in the Edinburgh game earlier in the season which prevented a match winning try and went unpunished, so swings and roundabouts.

Also, I think the yellow and penalty try went part way to even up the many many Ulster infringements that went unpunished; many of them in kickable positions.

I don't think it was a poor decision though. I think it is a poor rule. The tackle was illegal, but the rule shouldn't be there to allow it to be illegal.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:03 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:

Im not disputing anything you say there ICEy, in fact I thoughtnitnshould have been Trimble that got a yellow, but the FACT of the matter is the ref awarded the pen try against the No 8 for a high tackle, and thatbisnquite simply a joke :thumbdown:

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:05 am
thread ruining clique

I haven't seen the incident, so forgive me if I'm talking nonsense, but did this high tackle result in a try not being scored? If that's the case, then it's got to be treated as a professional foul and a pen try awarded, exactly the same as Liam Williams' no arms tackle at the end of that South Africa game.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:06 am
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
I haven't seen the incident, so forgive me if I'm talking nonsense, but did this high tackle result in a try not being scored? If that's the case, then it's got to be treated as a professional foul and a pen try awarded, exactly the same as Liam Williams' no arms tackle at the end of that South Africa game.

Liam Williams' shoulder I seem to recal was more reckless and probably deserved the card.

The try yesterday was awarded when Aled Davies was held up over the line. Initially I thought it was a scrum v to Scarlets but it was adjudged to be a high tackle. The tackle was part of what appeared to be a reasonable tackle and defence by Ulster. Scarlets got a penalty try.

A minute later, Jake Ball did a tackle that was mainly around the shoulder. He got a yellow.

From what I understand of the new rules, the ref was correct but the rule is a bit silly.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:19 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

When I read threads like this I'm almost tempted to watch Welsh club rugby again :D

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:21 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:

Simply, the ref penalised the tackle as high (much disputed on here ) after tmo was called and both agreed!

Having done that he and tmo consulted and judged a try would've been scored (I believe that there should've been a lot less contention on that decision?) so it followed that a try would've been scored whioch led, inevitably, to pen try and associated yellow.

Imo the only dispute was ... '...was the tackle high?' and it doesn't matter whether it warranted a yellow or not cos a try would've been scored and the consequences were business as usual.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Ultiùmately the World Rugby call for severe treatment to such tackles and less restraint from awarding yellows has fuelled the fire.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:01 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next