It is currently Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Scarlets v Ulster 
World XV Player

Post Re: Scarlets v Ulster
Fids the Blindside wrote:
except he was held up of course

When you get down to justifying new rules with piss poor arguments you know the new rules are shit.

Refs get hard enough time as it is, these inflexible rules are going to make them look stupid.

I disagree with the changes but can see why they are being made. Both were not dangerous, both were mainly achieved by tha hand around body supplement with a arm over the top of the shoulders. Players are going to have to adjust and change their technique. It as effectively become a below the arm pit tackle game.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

as a neutral those cards made a poor game farcical.

The game is now a complete lottery

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean

British & Irish Lions Player

Crap all round, simple.

World XV Player

Blindside wrote:

When you get down to justifying new rules with piss poor arguments you know the new rules are shit.

Refs get hard enough time as it is, these inflexible rules are going to make them look stupid.

I disagree with the changes but can see why they are being made. Both were not dangerous, both were mainly achieved by tha hand around body supplement with a arm over the top of the shoulders. Players are going to have to adjust and change their technique. It as effectively become a below the arm pit tackle game.

so, dive into the tackle and you'll get a positive result

Its taken tackling out of the game

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:00 pm
World XV Player

as a neutral those cards made a poor game farcical.

The game is now a complete lottery

Yes agree, but is it because players have not adjusted to the different circumstances, or that it can't be encorporated
successfully. I think it's transitional and it will become an accepted part of the game, well it may :)

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:

You have a point, but the Llanelli tackle in particular could easily have hit under the arm pits. The pick and go from the base of the rucks are another problem area. :dontknow:

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Blindside wrote:
Blindside wrote:

You have a point, but the Llanelli tackle in particular could easily have hit under the arm pits. The pick and go from the base of the rucks are another problem area. :dontknow:

What should the Ulster no.8 have done, just wave him through. He was so low to the ground there was no other way of tackling him.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Scarlets back in top 4 and need the Blues to do us a favour against Glasgow tomorrow. :cheers:

I could get all embarrassed about winning with a penalty try like that, but been on the end of poor decisions enough time to accept this one gracefully. :D . There was a far worse hit on Steff Evans in the Edinburgh game earlier in the season which prevented a match winning try and went unpunished, so swings and roundabouts.

Also, I think the yellow and penalty try went part way to even up the many many Ulster infringements that went unpunished; many of them in kickable positions.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:21 pm
World XV Player

ironrobson21 wrote:
Blindside wrote:
Blindside wrote:

What should the Ulster no.8 have done, just wave him through. He was so low to the ground there was no other way of tackling him.
Yes, wave him through, just like Sanjay should have done against SA a few seasons ago. Thems the rules now.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:23 pm
International Player

ICEverything wrote:

Also, I think the yellow and penalty try went part way to even up the many many Ulster infringements that went unpunished; many of them in kickable positions.

Such as what?

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Such as what?

Constant offside at rucktime, props collapsing in the scrum and ref totally ignoring it. etc etc.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:25 pm
Regional Player

ICEverything wrote:
ironrobson21 wrote:
Blindside wrote:
Blindside wrote:

Yes, wave him through, just like Sanjay should have done against SA a few seasons ago. Thems the rules now.

If your a no.8 and you do that 5m from your line against a back, good luck getting picked next week.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ironrobson21 wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
ironrobson21 wrote:
Blindside wrote:
Blindside wrote:

If your a no.8 and you do that 5m from your line against a back, good luck getting picked next week.
Or If the No8 does the same tackle next week and gets Y Carded again............

The times they are a changing

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:27 pm
World XV Player

I was not arguing !...so no piss poor arguments apply thank you ;)

just underlining that the consequence of an adjudged high tackle in that position was inevitable.

You've now introduced that he was held up ....the tackle impeded a try, both ref and tmo agreed that.

The issue was the high tackle decision ...I'm not disputing that one way or another.

Do we now take it that you adjudge the tackle not worthy of a yellow and, in zddition, a try would not have been scored....the fact that he was held up involved that tackle.

I also stated that the law and priorities for yellow is an ass.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:32 pm
World XV Player

I've just looked at the incident again. First off the No8 was offside so thats one reason to penalise and yellow card him plus penalty try. Second, Trimble smacked him in the chops and possibly a worse case for a yelow card, plus the No5 came in with a sly punch on the floor, plus as the ball wasn't grounded and in fact not across the try line, there was a case for a yellow card for the No8 not rolling away.

I think Ulster got away lightly with just one yellow card and a penalty try. :D

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:47 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next