It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 2:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Scarlets v Ulster 
World XV Player

Post Re: Scarlets v Ulster
Blindside wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
I've just looked at the incident again. First off the No8 was offside so thats one reason to penalise and yellow card him plus penalty try. Second, Trimble smacked him in the chops and possibly a worse case for a yelow card, plus the No5 came in with a sly punch on the floor, plus as the ball wasn't grounded and in fact not across the try line, there was a case for a yellow card for the No8 not rolling away.

I think Ulster got away lightly with just one yellow card and a penalty try. :D

I think Ulster lost a game they should have won. Not saying your biased mind Rob ;)

Conditions obviously effected the quality of the game. What's going on with LIam Williams he hasn't seemed happy for a few games. Reading his lips he wanted to know "what the *fups* that about" regarding his removal in last 10 minutes. Coaches left a kid on who looked suspect at 15 in very bad conditions in a very tight game. I had to wonder, what the *fups* that about...... Any idea ?

There is a saying that most games are lost not won.

I think Ulster were the better team in the first half but I feel the Scarlets gained the upper hand after half time. The yellow card didn't affect the game as both teams lost a player for 10mins at the same time more or less.

Not sure what Sanjay was cross about. Was it his substitution or was it something else? He's been carrying a niggle or two I believe and this has prevented him from performing at his best.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:19 pm
World XV Player

To answer a few other posts, I think we the fans will grow to accept that these penalties and yellow cards are going to be given for exactly this sort of tackle. Players will also adjust and soon we will just accept it as part of the game.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:28 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
To answer a few other posts, I think we the fans will grow to accept that these penalties and yellow cards are going to be given for exactly this sort of tackle. Players will also adjust and soon we will just accept it as part of the game.

I think its a ploy because they know womens rugby and mens rugby wil be joining up and we need to tackle them "around the chest"

Actually I am suprised how quiet the "tip tackle" fuss has gone

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

I think its a ploy because they know womens rugby and mens rugby wil be joining up and we need to tackle them "around the chest"

Aha I see, now they are more concerned about the tit-tackle. :D

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:35 pm
World XV Player

soap wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

I think they have gone from the game largely as people know they will get carded....have been replaced by the aerial assault

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:00 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
soap wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Aha I see, now they are more concerned about the tit-tackle. :D

Somebody had to say it.. ;)

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:01 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
There is a saying that most games are lost not won.

I'm guessing it was coined by a Scarlets fan! Certainly it is a saying that they stick to.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

That "high" tackle just came up on me fb......... Ref was high for sure. Bloke with the ball should've been hit in the chops for being greedy.
WTF is going on!? :scratch:

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:18 am
World XV Player

What appears to be going on is a zero tolerance to anything however apparently innocuous that occurs in the tackle above the chest. My gut feeling it players will have to adapt attitude and technique, or it could be a passing fashion, like putting the ball in straight.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:01 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

it was a penalty try no doubt.

the thing is teams will adapt to the new directive and high tackling HAS to stop so it has my support.

an interesting point is that a friend of mine when to see Sale v Bristol last week and he says Charnley, the League man, is struggling as all his tackles go high. Assuming he improves, then this is just a transitional thing that HAS To happen if kids are going to want to be playing the game

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:14 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

the thing is teams will adapt to the new directive and high tackling HAS to stop so it has my support.

an interesting point is that a friend of mine when to see Sale v Bristol last week and he says Charnley, the League man, is struggling as all his tackles go high. Assuming he improves, then this is just a transitional thing that HAS To happen if kids are going to want to be playing the game

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:14 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

SimplyRed wrote:

Yes, penalty try but the rule is very silly.

If I were a cynic I would say that players with the ball will go a bit lower to get a player sent off. It is a rule that could cause unintended consequences and actually make the problem of high tackles worse.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:18 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

SimplyRed wrote:

Same happened to Sam Burgess at Bath but he never reformed his tackles which also included the full frontal without arms ...

Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:41 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12