It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Newport swansea 
thread ruining clique

Post Re: Newport swansea
Bouch wrote:
Er, the Dragons were a couple of yards away from scoring in the last few minutes.

A tremendous Ospreys defensive effort turned the ball over almost on the try line.

Weak bladder?

A two year old girl could defend against the Dragons. They are shit.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:22 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Newport Dragons v Ospreys
You're still wrong, Spinny.

The Osprey's kicking superiority kept them at bay but the Dragons narrow advantage in the scrums stopped the Ospreys runners getting quick ball most of the time.

Quote:
When the Dragons had a rare foray into enemy territory they were given a penalty for a high tackle on Hewitt that O'Brien pushed to the right from long range.

He failed but opposite number Biggar made no mistake when the excellent Griffiths was pinged at the breakdown, the Wales fly-half securing the win when making it 10-0 with eight minutes left.

Pat Howard was close to giving the Dragons a way back in when he knocked on attempting to gather replacement scrum-half Sarel Pretorius' clever box kick in the 76th minute.

The home pack put the power on to earn another chance but the Dragons couldn't force a score that would at least earn a consolation bonus point for their honest toil.

Sorry that spoiled the fishing ....

Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:27 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Bouch wrote:

The Osprey's kicking superiority kept them at bay but the Dragons narrow advantage in the scrums stopped the Ospreys runners getting quick ball most of the time.

Yes, I watched the reverse derby on New Years Day last year, when Sam Davies was having an unusually off day by missing several penalties and a conversion, and in the second half the Dragons dominated, which led to Biggar replacing Davies to 'rescue' the match by just kicking the ball away and depriving the Dragons of possession.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:31 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Bouch wrote:

Quote:
When the Dragons had a rare foray into enemy territory they were given a penalty for a high tackle on Hewitt that O'Brien pushed to the right from long range.

He failed but opposite number Biggar made no mistake when the excellent Griffiths was pinged at the breakdown, the Wales fly-half securing the win when making it 10-0 with eight minutes left.

Pat Howard was close to giving the Dragons a way back in when he knocked on attempting to gather replacement scrum-half Sarel Pretorius' clever box kick in the 76th minute.

The home pack put the power on to earn another chance but the Dragons couldn't force a score that would at least earn a consolation bonus point for their honest toil.

Sorry that spoiled the fisHong

They got within a few yards of the line, and failed to score. They had two kicks at goal, and failed to score.
You'll note from the 'nil' part of the scoreline that they failed to score.
So what is it you're trying to suggest? That they were outstanding and posed threads all over the park?
Perhaps you were watching a different game to the one I saw, in which the Dragons were outright dogshit.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:28 pm
World XV Player

When you consider what punters pay nowadays, just to grace the hallowed seats that overlook the hallowed turf of MMOG (Mighty Men Of Gwent!) then Newport should have been brought up on charges for the state of that pitch!
The fact is, Wales tends not to have what many people loosely term 'rain' - For as far back as I can recall, it always, but always, pisses down relentlessly, no two ways about it!! What's strange though, is seeing a pitch like that, has become a rarity nowadays, even in Wales, so why are the jokers in the Welsh rugby pack, allowed to get away with it!!
Not even the infamous 'Treorchy Oval' holds water like Rodney Parade had last night!! It just shows complete disdain for their supporters and the opposition, it just ain't good enough for 1966 (sorry, I got it slightly wrong, should be 1956!!)

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Otto wrote:
When you consider what punters pay nowadays, just to grace the hallowed seats that overlook the hallowed turf of MMOG (Mighty Men Of Gwent!) then Newport should have been brought up on charges for the state of that pitch!
The fact is, Wales tends not to have what many people loosely term 'rain' - For as far back as I can recall, it always, but always, pisses down relentlessly, no two ways about it!! What's strange though, is seeing a pitch like that, has become a rarity nowadays, even in Wales, so why are the jokers in the Welsh rugby pack, allowed to get away with it!!
Not even the infamous 'Treorchy Oval' holds water like Rodney Parade had last night!! It just shows complete disdain for their supporters and the opposition, it just ain't good enough for 1966 (sorry, I got it slightly wrong, should be 1956!!)

You can certainly bet your life that, were the game an amateur one, it would have been postponed, no questions asked. As a Mumbles RFC supporter, I have to say that matches at Underhill Park have been postponed with far less soggy and dreadful conditions than that.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:54 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Newport V Gogs is still on. 7:15 kick off though, by which time the standing water may be a sheet of ice.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Am I the only one to notice that the Ospreys have been scoring more tries with Sam Davies as fly-half this season than with Biggar as fly-half? Practically all the matches where the former has started at fly-half have given the side bonus point wins.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Am I the only one to notice that the Ospreys have been scoring more tries with Sam Davies as fly-half this season than with Biggar as fly-half? Practically all the matches where the former has started at fly-half have given the side bonus point wins.

What about the ones Biggar has started?

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
Bouch wrote:

Quote:

Sorry that spoiled the fisHong

They got within a few yards of the line, and failed to score. They had two kicks at goal, and failed to score.
You'll note from the 'nil' part of the scoreline that they failed to score.
So what is it you're trying to suggest? That they were outstanding and posed threads all over the park?
Perhaps you were watching a different game to the one I saw, in which the Dragons were outright dogshit.

My point wasn't that The Dragons necessarily looked like winning. But if they were going to, the way they played yesterday was probably their best opportunity. I.e. play fairly negatively and hope for an opposition *fupp* up rather than actively seeking an opportunity. I accept this isn't desirable .

The fact that they could have got those two kicks and that they were fairly close (but not quite) to scoring a try - worth noting that The Ospreys looked just as shit yesterday. I.e. The Dragons weren't completely *fupped* over.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:19 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

The Ospreys went seven nil up and after that showed very little ambition to do anything other than pin the Dragons back. They had a couple of attacking line outs, which they botched, but seemed happy to boot it back down the other end and play for territory.
I think the Ospreys had another gear, should Newport have scored, but as all Newport seemed to want to do was kick it back, that extra gear was not required.
Two teams going through the motions, not wanting to be there, is my opinion.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Cymru am byth wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
Bouch wrote:

worth noting that The Ospreys looked just as covered in shit yesterday.

Fixed.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

spinbreath wrote:
The Ospreys went seven nil up and after that showed very little ambition to do anything other than pin the Dragons back. They had a couple of attacking line outs, which they botched, but seemed happy to boot it back down the other end and play for territory.
I think the Ospreys had another gear, should Newport have scored, but as all Newport seemed to want to do was kick it back, that extra gear was not required.

Ospreys looked like a team who just wanted to get out of there with the win and not run the risk of over playing. I think the interception in the first half put any thoughts of expansive play firmly back in the cupboard. Given the Dragons were awful, the Ospreys were just happy to play in second gear and coast home.

Pitch was an absolute disgrace. Serious questions needs to be asked about it, because the facilities at RP are just not up to standard.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

TJP wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Ospreys looked like a team who just wanted to get out of there with the win and not run the risk of over playing. I think the interception in the first half put any thoughts of expansive play firmly back in the cupboard. Given the Dragons were awful, the Ospreys were just happy to play in second gear and coast home.

Pitch was an absolute disgrace. Serious questions needs to be asked about it, because the facilities at RP are just not up to standard.

Hard to say but the Ospreys didn't really look threatening yesterday.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

TJP wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Hard to say but the Ospreys didn't really look threatening yesterday.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next