It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:44 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Newport swansea 
World XV Player

Post Re: Newport swansea
BigRed wrote:
If Biggar gets this over, at least Spreys have secured the 4 points.

If Drags score now it'll be squeeky bum time for Spreys.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:47 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Well that was shite.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:49 pm
World XV Player

I think Lewis Evans was worth considering for MOM

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

well that was shite.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:50 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

people keep telling me the O's are this and that but a decent side would have scored 40 there. Please don't offer the excuse of the conditions because Connacht and Munster played is far worse yesterday and played some rugby, the O's looked clueless

Gobsmackingly shit.

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:53 pm
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
people keep telling me the O's are this and that but a decent side would have scored 40 there. Please don't offer the excuse of the conditions because Connacht and Munster played is far worse yesterday and played some rugby, the O's looked clueless

Gobsmackingly shit.

The number of points is not really relvent, but I thought they would have pushed for the bonus try. It may come back to bite them

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

Ive got to ask who's ass did the Osprey's lick when it came to organising the fixtures? They always seem to have a grand fixture right when they need it most to give them momentum. There next two game's before Europe are, an injury ravaged Connacht at home and...Zebre away wow!

Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:11 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Gobsmackingly shit.

The difference was that the rain in the Connacht v Munster match occurred during the match and not before, so therefore the ground was not as soggy. I am amazed it was even allowed to go ahead at all. In fact, the poor state of the Rodney Parade has been a liability for a number of years. Also, I cannot speak of the quality of play as I didn't watch it, but it seems that the Irish match was pretty low-scoring too - 16-9 victory to Munster. And the Ospreys can score lots of tries when they want - until the Scarlets match, all their wins this season have been with bonus points, and it is quite clear that they were scared of the Scarlets' (probably overrated) backline and therefore switched to a more forwards-dominated and kicking game to keep them away.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:33 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

But anyway, the conditions were indeed abominable and embarrassing, and the kicking game was getting totally beyond a joke.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:35 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

Gobsmackingly shit.

Actually, although the Dragons don't win many matches, at home (away is another matter) they seldom lose by such huge margins - last season they accumulated ten losing bonus points, and this season at the RP in rather better conditions Munster only beat them 20-16 and Glasgow only by 26-17, which prove that the Ospreys are not the only team to find the Dragons to be less of a walkover than perhaps is to be expected. I also attended the match at Parc y Scarlets in October where at one point it looked like the Dragons were going to win for the first time ever, only for the Scarlets to mount a second half comeback in a match that was many times more exciting than the stodge served up over Christmas.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:35 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The conditions were dreadful as half a dozen pitch inspections suggested.

You have to say that kicking was laughable but there was no doubt that running in that bog on the one side was tricky.

That unexpected power from the Dragons was the clincher, I guess. Keeping them pinned in their own half was a good plan.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:31 am
World XV Player

Cathalsmart wrote:
Ive got to ask who's ass did the Osprey's lick when it came to organising the fixtures? They always seem to have a grand fixture right when they need it most to give them momentum. There next two game's before Europe are, an injury ravaged Connacht at home and...Zebre away wow!

Of course when the fixtures are announced they knew Connacht would be injury ravaged didnt they? What a *fupping* stupid post :thumbdown:

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:53 am
World XV Player

I don't know if the kicking game was laughable really...certainly when the game went aheas. It was boring yes, and probably shouldn't have gone agead but tactically it made a bit of sense, or at least did for most of the match.

The Dragons weren't completely shafted, their defence was ok and I believe the low score line was the result of slightly cynical (but fair enough) play by both teams. The fact that The Dragons could have won yesterday was because of that. The conditions suited a good chance for a Dragons win.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:58 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

The dragons didn't get out of their own half. They never looked like scoring, let alone winning.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:58 pm
World XV Player

Er, the Dragons were a couple of yards away from scoring in the last few minutes.

A tremendous Ospreys defensive effort turned the ball over almost on the try line.

Weak bladder?

Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:19 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next