It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Scarlets v Blues 
World XV Player

Post Re: Scarlets v Blues
Did not watch the game , was it as good a spectacle as Ponty v Keys

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:

I felt both sides wanted to play but maybe it was too cold as some of the handling was poor.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:40 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

That's a no then

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:

Definite No. Different ethos first, second, little skill, little commitment an amazing lack of speed, ball and men, and no "want to win" attitude. Same with theO's Drags today, but you can cut them some slack

Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:12 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

While still not the best by any means, at least there was more effort and ball in hand compared to the other Welsh derbies. Steff Evans, Matthew Morgan, Will Boyde, Kristian Dacey and Josh Navidi were pretty impressive (are you listening, Mr Howley?) On the other hand, Cuthbert continues to be utterly useless and I really hope he is not selected for Wales again, while the backs in both teams apart from the aforementioned Evans and Morgan were a bit lacklustre in general.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:06 am
Profile E-mail

It is also telling how Jonathan Evans, originally brought to the Scarlets as their third choice scrum-half, is now rapidly emerging as their first choice. He is certainly much faster and more intuitive in his play than the rather ponderous Gareth Davies. However, I do wonder how Aled Davies' form is?

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:46 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
While still not the best by any means, at least there was more effort and ball in hand compared to the other Welsh derbies. Steff Evans, Matthew Morgan, Will Boyde, Kristian Dacey and Josh Navidi were pretty impressive (are you listening, Mr Howley?) On the other hand, Cuthbert continues to be utterly useless and I really hope he is not selected for Wales again, while the backs in both teams apart from the aforementioned Evans and Morgan were a bit lacklustre in general.

I agree with all that.
I don't think Foxy played that well either?

Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:20 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

SimplyRed wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

I agree with all that.

Steff Evans, Morgan and Navidi for Wales :scratch:

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:12 pm
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

I agree with all that.

Steff Evans and Navidi are playing well. Morgan too (but arguably needs a bit more game time?). Whether they are ready for international I don't know, but they are bloody good regional players.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Mathew Morgan got stripped of the ball almost every time he went into contact.

again

RIP Sean Spicer: "sometimes you can disagree with the facts" Awesome.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:39 pm
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Keith L wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

I agree with all that.

Steff Evans and Navidi are playing well. Morgan too (but arguably needs a bit more game time?). Whether they are ready for international I don't know, but they are bloody good regional players.

And im OK with that, but when a player has a couple of good games why has he then become Int standard, if that was the case we'd have a squad of 60-70, FFS these guys are professionals they are supposed to be good :!:

Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:28 pm
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Keith L wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

I agree with all that.

And im OK with that, but when a player has a couple of good games why has he then become Int standard, if that was the case we'd have a squad of 60-70, FFS these guys are professionals they are supposed to be good :!:

But the point is (I think I am agreeing with you), there are lots of players who aren't regional standard. I'm not saying that the above are necessarily international standard but if I had to pick a squad of players to f8ll in during international duty, I would be happy to have the above players in my team. To push the boat out, I would also consider them in the squad for the summer tour, assuming (unlikely) that all of our first choice players god picked for the Lions. In other words, I would be playing the above in Wales A, which is effectively what the summer tour is really.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Watched the game on sky and interestingly they commented on the ball in play time and the skill levels, it's just the absence of big carriers meant it all went a bit side ways

Thought both sides tried to play rugby and have no issues with games like this which are not set piece orientated. Scarlets had the edge in a few areas and deserved the win with ball and Boyd going well. Blues a work in progress

Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:47 pm
Profile E-mail

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Blues a work in progress

When are they not?

Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Blues a work in progress

When are they not?

Well I didn't want to go with anything too negative!

Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:52 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next