It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:00 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Pro 12 League Table 
World XV Player

Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
ICEverything wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Two Welsh regions in the top 4. We are finally getting over the Roger Lewis years.

What has changed since he left?

It's not so much what has changes since he left but what damage was done before he went. He starved the regions of funding for years. They were being bled dry. Now with a better funding package in place, things have stabilised. Good players are being retained, squads have been strengthened and the result is evident in the league table.

Next year I expect the regions to step up another notch again. With Cardiff getting more competitive there will be three Welsh regions taking points of the Irish and the Scottish sides. If the Scarlets can improve their seeding in the Champions cup then we may even see them breaking out of their group and getting a quarter final spot.

Tom, yes there's a way to go for sure, for al the regions, but the future is looking better.

So the new regime has been in power for 2 years and have made no changes. Masterly inactivity at high pay, a great example of modern local government at its best. :D :P The Senedd sets the tone I guess? :P :twisted:

Maybe it was just a personality thing, maybe all that open dealing and plain speaking was too much for the WRU?

At least he wasn't bent enough to consider bailing out Newport for his ex-buddies? :twisted:

Who would throw millions at that dung heap? A friend in power, maybe? ;) :D

It is Wales after all.. :D

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:25 pm
World XV Player

wasp wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Two Welsh regions in the top 4. We are finally getting over the Roger Lewis years.

What has changed since he left?

You bit!

I know.... couldn't resist winding up my old pal from the Bont :D :thumbup:

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:26 pm
World XV Player

Seems I might have taken this thread slightly off track. Lets leave Roger for another day and savour the fact that we have 2 Welsh regions in the top 4. If The Blues start next season as they are finishing this one, we might have 3 in next years top 4.

Come on Dragons, lets make it 4. :D

Tue May 02, 2017 7:48 pm
Junior Player

ICEverything wrote:
Seems I might have taken this thread slightly off track. Lets leave Roger for another day and savour the fact that we have 2 Welsh regions in the top 4. If The Blues start next season as they are finishing this one, we might have 3 in next years top 4.

If there are 3 or 4 Welsh teams in the top 4 next season, that means

a) there won't be any Irish teams in the playoffs
b) no Irish refs were involved in this Welsh production
c) it's a stitch-up, the Irish clubs swapped their senior teams with the B&I Cup
d) the Irish teams are resting their players for the European Cup
e) the IRFU are up to something
f) the Irish teams are actually playing in Super Rugby now having replaced the Rebels, Force, Kings. Connacht got lost on the way and are top of the Siberian Premier League.

Please select as many as you wish from the above choices.

Wed May 03, 2017 1:27 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:

More chance of my becoming President of the US ;) :D

Wed May 03, 2017 2:18 am
World XV Player

Pot Hale wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

If there are 3 or 4 Welsh teams in the top 4 next season, that means

a) there won't be any Irish teams in the playoffs
b) no Irish refs were involved in this Welsh production
c) it's a stitch-up, the Irish clubs swapped their senior teams with the B&I Cup
d) the Irish teams are resting their players for the European Cup
e) the IRFU are up to something
f) the Irish teams are actually playing in Super Rugby now having replaced the Rebels, Force, Kings. Connacht got lost on the way and are top of the Siberian Premier League.

Please select as many as you wish from the above choices.
I could add an (e) and bring it straight back to Roger Lewis, but I will resists. :D

Wed May 03, 2017 7:42 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:

Hanging on desperately for a home win against Zebras you mean 8) The league table seldom lies.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Wed May 03, 2017 8:57 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Hanging on desperately for a home win against Zebras you mean 8) The league table seldom lies.

On the other hand, they nearly won at Leinster, drew at Ulster and thrashed the Ospreys. I do agree, however, that the Blues and Ulster have been the two biggest disappointments this season - they have good backs in particular, started off the season so well but went AWOL from the October derbies onwards.

Wed May 03, 2017 10:25 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Yes, I can't argue with that one. They have been poor some games but excellent in others. Their performance against the Ospreys at the Liberty was diabolical, their performance against the Ospreys at the PS was immense.

The Blues have been a bit of an enigma this season - who should they see about that?

Wed May 03, 2017 11:44 am
Site Admin

ICEverything wrote:
Blindside wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Yes, I can't argue with that one. They have been poor some games but excellent in others. Their performance against the Ospreys at the Liberty was diabolical, their performance against the Ospreys at the PS was immense.

The Blues have been a bit of an enigma this season - who should they see about that?
Gandalf!

Wed May 03, 2017 11:56 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

najbritcol wrote:
On the other hand, they nearly won at Leinster, drew at Ulster and thrashed the Ospreys. I do agree, however, that the Blues and Ulster have been the two biggest disappointments this season - they have good backs in particular, started off the season so well but went AWOL from the October derbies onwards.

They are also one of only three sides (the others being the Scarlets and Saracens) to have beaten Munster in Limerick this year, in any competition. Way back at the start of the season it seemed like less of an achievement than it now does in the context of Munster's excellent season. Other visitors have included Racing '92, Leinster, Leicester, and Toulouse.

The Blues seem to play a lot better with Anscombe on the pitch; unfortunately he has proven to be exceedingly injury-prone.

Wed May 03, 2017 12:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote:
Leinster have a good chance of making some serious ground coming up as there next 4 fixtures are against the bottom 4 teams.

I think it evens out obviously, and the international windows hurt the Ospreys more than most. I see Munster, Leinster, Ospreys and Glasgow as the Top 4, provided Glasgow does not lose too much ground during the 6 Nations.

The Scarlets don't earn enough Bonus Points to threaten the top 4. Getting a little better, but that 3 loss start was unforgivable.

When you made that prediction you were only 75% correct. :D

Wed May 03, 2017 2:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote:
Leinster have a good chance of making some serious ground coming up as there next 4 fixtures are against the bottom 4 teams.

I think it evens out obviously, and the international windows hurt the Ospreys more than most. I see Munster, Leinster, Ospreys and Glasgow as the Top 4, provided Glasgow does not lose too much ground during the 6 Nations.

The Scarlets don't earn enough Bonus Points to threaten the top 4. Getting a little better, but that 3 loss start was unforgivable.

When you made that prediction you were only 75% correct. :D

Yes, but it is usually good enough..BP's still too low

Wed May 03, 2017 8:22 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Blindside wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Started the season well got a log of injuries and are now finishing it quite strongly. I think one of the reasons that the Scarlets have improved over the last couple of seasons is that they have a pretty settled 'Pro 12' side which plays throughout the season. I think that is key, especially during the international windows and that internationals should be used when and where available.

Wed May 03, 2017 11:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Blindside wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Either Elgar or Alan Turing? ;)

Thu May 04, 2017 4:05 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next