It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Pro 12 League Table 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
Fingal wrote:
Blues and Connacht are in with a chance to catch Glasgow for 6th place.

Glasgow are in a rut now without their internationals, but I am sure post-6N they will pull away enough to at least escape those two if not Ulster too.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

najbritcol wrote:
Fingal wrote:

Glasgow are in a rut now without their internationals, but I am sure post-6N they will pull away enough to at least escape those two if not Ulster too.

Ulster should be safe in 5th and more likely to be pushing hard for 4th, game in hand and 3 of the softest teams in the league up next and they secured BPs in the last 3 games.

Cardiff look to have the hardest run in. Connacht are a threat imo, the injury list is now down to 8 players from 22 for much of the early part of the season. They also have a game in hand and two games are against Zebre.

Ulster Played 15 48 points
Treviso(H)
Zebre(H)
Dragons(A)
Cardiff(H)
Munster(A)
Ospreys(A)
Leinster(H)

Glasgow Played 16 41 points
Dragons(H)
Connacht(H)
Munster(A)
Zebre(H)
Leinster(A)
Edinburgh(H)

Cardiff Played 16 37 points
Munster(H)
Leinster(A)
Ulster(A)
Ospreys(H)
Zebre(H)
Dragons(A)

Connacht Played 15 34 points
Zebre(H)
Glasgow(A)
Zebre(A)
Edinburgh(A)
Leinster(H)
Scarlets(H)
Munster(A)

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Fingal wrote:

Although even if either side overtake Glasgow, Glasgow will qualify for Europe 1 as a Scottish side has to be in this comp just like the Italians.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:03 pm

macro duck wrote:
Fingal wrote:

Although even if either side overtake Glasgow, Glasgow will qualify for Europe 1 as a Scottish side has to be in this comp just like the Italians.

Meaning that, either way, Blues and Connacht would still have to go through the qualifying competition route to possibly enter the Champions Cup.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

najbritcol wrote:
macro duck wrote:
Fingal wrote:

Meaning that, either way, Blues and Connacht would still have to go through the qualifying competition route to possibly enter the Champions Cup.

Yes even if one of them came sixth and Glasgow seventh

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:22 pm
Schools District Player

najbritcol wrote:

Not just them, but also East Wales, Edinburgh and Connacht (I still maintain that their Championship win last season was very much a one-off, especially now they have already lost key players like Henshaw, Ah You and MacGinty and Pat Lam is leaving too). I think that Wasps and Saracens are better than any Pro 12 team, but the rest of the top-halves of the two respective leagues are not that different. However, I do think the Italians and maybe the Dragons are weaker than Bristol, Worcester, Newcastle etc. while I am not sure how Connacht, Edinburgh or the Blues really compare to the likes of Gloucester and the Harlequins.

You'll find out on April 1st.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:10 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Round 17 complete, as the business end of the season approaches. Not such a good week for the Welsh teams with only the Ospreys winning at Edinburgh. Scarlets and Dragons take a heavy mauling, with the Blues going down to Munster. Ulster play that game in hand next week, home to Zebre. Connacht also with a game in hand against Zebre.

CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

1 : Leinster......17 / 66
2 : Ospreys......17 / 64
3 : Munster...... 17 / 63
4 : Scarlets......17 / 53

--------------------------------

5 : Ulster......... 16 / 52
6 : Glasgow .... 17 / 46

---------------------------------

7 : Connacht. ..16 / 39
8 : Blues.........17 / 37
9 : Edinburgh .17 / 22
10 : Dragons ..17 / 20
11 : Treviso.....17 / 11
12 : Zebre ......15 / 9

Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:15 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

Connacht (I still maintain that their Championship win last season was very much a one-off, especially now they have already lost key players like Henshaw, Ah You and MacGinty and Pat Lam is leaving too).

So Connacht will never win the league/PO's again? I don't think you can say that. No argument that it's unlikely to happen anytime soon and yes they lost key players; we lost players (and one of the greatest ever with it), but they'll rebuild (as did we).

Sean

Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Connacht (I still maintain that their Championship win last season was very much a one-off, especially now they have already lost key players like Henshaw, Ah You and MacGinty and Pat Lam is leaving too).

So Connacht will never win the league/PO's again? I don't think you can say that. No argument that it's unlikely to happen anytime soon and yes they lost key players; we lost players (and one of the greatest ever with it), but they'll rebuild (as did we).

Sean

OK they might eventually win it again, but not in the near future. And you cannot really compare Leinster with Connacht - their finances, histories and achievements are totally different.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Llew wrote:
Round 17 complete, as the business end of the season approaches. Not such a good week for the Welsh teams with only the Ospreys winning at Edinburgh. Scarlets and Dragons take a heavy mauling, with the Blues going down to Munster. Ulster play that game in hand next week, home to Zebre. Connacht also with a game in hand against Zebre.

CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

1 : Leinster......17 / 66
2 : Ospreys......17 / 64
3 : Munster...... 17 / 63
4 : Scarlets......17 / 53

--------------------------------

5 : Ulster......... 16 / 52
6 : Glasgow .... 17 / 46

---------------------------------

7 : Connacht. ..16 / 39
8 : Blues.........17 / 37
9 : Edinburgh .17 / 22
10 : Dragons ..17 / 20
11 : Treviso.....17 / 11
12 : Zebre ......15 / 9

Looking at the Scarlets' fixtures, they actually have the most favourable of the Welsh regions from now on, since they are the only ones not to be facing any of the Irish big three. My prediction is they will beat Treviso, the Dragons and Edinburgh with bonus points and Connacht and the Ospreys without one. As for Ulster, although they have their game in hand over Zebre which should temporarily take them above Scarlets, their fixtures after that are tougher, so I think Scarlets might just edge them into fourth place by the end of the season.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Scarlets are in the mix again, as they were last year in fairness. Punching around that 4th / 5th place, and if they can get in with the Ospreys having two Welsh teams in the play offs will be good going. The Ospreys have improved massively since their awful season last year. Forget the Dragons they are now work in progress, and at last something positive is hopefully happening there. But what of the Blues having what looks like another dysmal season. Sitting in 8th, and with every prospect of not getting any higher. Next up for them, Ulster & Leinster away, followed by Ospreys home. Things might get messy again in pie country.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:08 pm
Profile E-mail

Llew wrote:
Scarlets are in the mix again, as they were last year in fairness. Punching around that 4th / 5th place, and if they can get in with the Ospreys having two Welsh teams in the play offs will be good going. The Ospreys have improved massively since their awful season last year. Forget the Dragons they are now work in progress, and at last something positive is hopefully happening there. But what of the Blues having what looks like another dysmal season. Sitting in 8th, and with every prospect of not getting any higher. Next up for them, Ulster & Leinster away, followed by Ospreys home. Things might get messy again in pie country.

The Scarlets basically need to win every game now to get 4th. I can't see it happening, as much as I hope it will. Best case scenario is going into round 22 with something on the game.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:09 am
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

Actually I can compare Leinster with Connacht, Connacht depend on Leinster rejects.
Leinster b if you will,don't seem to be able to produce enough Connacht born players.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

antietam wrote:
Actually I can compare Leinster with Connacht, Connacht depend on Leinster rejects.
Leinster b if you will,don't seem to be able to produce enough Connacht born players.

How many rugby playing schools in Leinster compared to Connacht?

Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

A bit unrealistic to expect another province's schools to pick up the tab Fingal.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next