It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:22 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Pro 12 League Table 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 3683
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
Ulster have now played their game in hand : Ulster 68-21 Zebre. Ulster move up to 4th, and Scarlets drop to 5th.





CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

1 : Leinster......17 / 66
2 : Ospreys......17 / 64
3 : Munster......17 / 63
4 : Ulster ........17 / 57

--------------------------------

5 : Scarlets......17 / 53
6 : Glasgow .... 17 / 46

---------------------------------

7 : Connacht. ..16 / 39
8 : Blues..........17 / 37
9 : Edinburgh .17 / 22
10 : Dragons ..17 / 20
11 : Treviso.....17 / 11
12 : Zebre ......16 / / 9


Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:24 am
Profile E-mail
Online
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1777
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
Llew wrote:
Ulster have now played their game in hand : Ulster 68-21 Zebre. Ulster move up to 4th, and Scarlets drop to 5th.





CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

1 : Leinster......17 / 66
2 : Ospreys......17 / 64
3 : Munster......17 / 63
4 : Ulster ........17 / 57

--------------------------------

5 : Scarlets......17 / 53
6 : Glasgow .... 17 / 46

---------------------------------

7 : Connacht. ..16 / 39
8 : Blues..........17 / 37
9 : Edinburgh .17 / 22
10 : Dragons ..17 / 20
11 : Treviso.....17 / 11
12 : Zebre ......16 / / 9


But on the other hand, Scarlets have a theoretically easier run of games from now on than do Ulster.


Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 3683
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
Yes, the fixtures do lean in Scarlets favour. They are right in there with a good chance of overhauling Ulster. The last games of the season for both teams look tasty.


Ulster

Dragons v Ulster
Ulster v Cardiff Blues
Munster v Ulster
Ospreys v Ulster
Ulster v Leinster


Scarlets

Scarlets v Edinburgh Rugby
Scarlets v Benetton Treviso
Dragons v Scarlets
Connacht v Scarlets
Scarlets v Ospreys


Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7152
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
Seems like The Ospreys games could be a big factor in the success of both teams.

Positive though if Scarlets can get top four.


Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 3683
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
Looking at the run in, Scarlets have a really good chance of making the top 4. Ospreys are wobbling badly, but should hold on. Ulster have a tough last three.


CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

1 : Leinster......18 / 70
2 : Munster .....18 / 68
3 : Ospreys .....18 / 64
4 : Ulster ........18 / 61

--------------------------------

5 : Scarlets......18 / 58
6 : Glasgow .... 18 / 51

---------------------------------

7 : Connacht. ..18 / 40
8 : Blues.........18 / 38
9 : Edinburgh .18 / 22
10 : Dragons ..18 / 20
11 : Treviso.....18 / 15
12 : Zebre ......18 / 13


The run in.........

Ospreys :

Ospreys v Leinster
Cardiff Blues v Ospreys
Ospreys v Ulster
Scarlets v Ospreys


Ulster


Ulster v Cardiff Blues
Munster v Ulster
Ospreys v Ulster
Ulster v Leinster


Scarlets

Scarlets v Benetton Treviso
Dragons v Scarlets
Connacht v Scarlets
Scarlets v Ospreys


Odds to win P12 outright :

Leinster 5/4, Munster 11/8, Ospreys 6/1, Ulster 9/1, Scarlets 25/1.


Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
Llew wrote:
Looking at the run in, Scarlets have a really good chance of making the top 4. Ospreys are wobbling badly, but should hold on. Ulster have a tough last three.


CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

1 : Leinster......18 / 70
2 : Munster .....18 / 68
3 : Ospreys .....18 / 64
4 : Ulster ........18 / 61

--------------------------------

5 : Scarlets......18 / 58
6 : Glasgow .... 18 / 51

---------------------------------

7 : Connacht. ..18 / 40
8 : Blues.........18 / 38
9 : Edinburgh .18 / 22
10 : Dragons ..18 / 20
11 : Treviso.....18 / 15
12 : Zebre ......18 / 13


The run in.........

Ospreys :

Ospreys v Leinster
Cardiff Blues v Ospreys
Ospreys v Ulster
Scarlets v Ospreys


Ulster


Ulster v Cardiff Blues
Munster v Ulster
Ospreys v Ulster
Ulster v Leinster


Scarlets

Scarlets v Benetton Treviso
Dragons v Scarlets
Connacht v Scarlets
Scarlets v Ospreys


Odds to win P12 outright :

Leinster 5/4, Munster 11/8, Ospreys 6/1, Ulster 9/1, Scarlets 25/1.



As a former bookie's clerk, those are very "over rounded" odds

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:36 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 3683
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
Sky bet figures they were, although TBH I don't really understand the Overround in betting ? :scratch:


Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10022
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
Llew wrote:
Sky bet figures they were, although TBH I don't really understand the Overround in betting ? :scratch:


Overround is effectively the odds that increase the odds toward the bookie.

In a 'complete' book the odds are proportionate to all the odds equalling 100%

(i haven't caculated the overround of the Pro12 pdds as I assume David (LE) had done so by his comment above?

Gets more difficult when you get decimal entities

Also the Bookie has to change the initial odds based on where the money goes, a rush on a particular bet can put the Bookie in some trouble and this then calls for the hedging of the bet by placing odds themselves and elsewhere to correct the book.

All this volatility is more concerned with horse and dog racing and ante post betting

The. tic tack men come into play to compare live odds before races ...again to see where the money is going and relative odds

Now extinct as technology takes over

A fascinating game ...

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:51 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10022
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
^^^^^^^^^^^
Of course choice and opinion of odds is paramount

I once did a full Season analysis of the oddschecker amalgam bookie average handicap results in the Superbru prediction League Top 14 section and Their odds won the competition by some margin ;)

A salutary message there.

Actually Rugby is now a quite popular betting arena, in the early days one could find some nice ringers as the odds makers were comparatively less experienced in that field.

Not any more.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:10 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
Tony Panties wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^
Of course choice and opinion of odds is paramount

I once did a full Season analysis of the oddschecker amalgam bookie average handicap results in the Superbru prediction League Top 14 section and Their odds won the competition by some margin ;)

A salutary message there.

Actually Rugby is now a quite popular betting arena, in the early days one could find some nice ringers as the odds makers were comparatively less experienced in that field.

Not any more.


Another consequence of the internet and social media :D

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:12 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
The unforeseen help from the Blues is much appreciated :thumbup:

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:22 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 3683
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
Langland Exile wrote:
The unforeseen help from the Blues is much appreciated :thumbup:


1 : Leinster......18 / 70
2 : Munster .....18 / 68
3 : Ospreys .....18 / 64
4 : Ulster ........19 / 63

--------------------------------

5 : Scarlets......18 / 58


Yes, that certainly was a gift from the East. Scarlets looking even better now for a top four finish. Treviso awaits, and nothing other than a BP win will do.


Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:28 am
Profile E-mail
Online
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1777
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
1 Leinster Rugby 19 16 74
2 Munster Rugby 19 16 72
3 Ospreys 19 13 65
4 Scarlets 19 14 63
5 Ulster Rugby 19 13 63
6 Glasgow Warriors 19 10 52
7 Connacht Rugby 19 9 44
8 Cardiff Blues 19 8 40
9 Edinburgh Rugby 19 4 23
10 Dragons 19 4 20
11 Zebre Rugby 19 3 18
12 Benetton Treviso 19 3 15


Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:39 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5093
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
Leinster and Munster are already in the semis and almost certain of home semis, so they are basically now out of the equation.

That leaves the following games with three clubs in contention, Llanelli, Abertawe and Ulster to fill the other two semi final berths. On paper Llanelli has the easier run in, but paper doesn't always work out as you want, especially when two of Llanelli's last three games are Derby's. Ulster has probably the hardest run in having to play Ospreys at the Liberty and Munster and Leinster, but they are a class act and I wouldn't write them off, especially as Munster and Leinster do not have the pressure to win. This makes me think that only Ospreys can take Ulster out of contention.

Saturday, April 15

Cardiff Blues v Ospreys 2:45 PM -- Principality Stadium, Cardiff
Munster v Ulster 3:00 PM -- Thomond Park, Limerick
Dragons v Scarlets 5:15 PM

Saturday, April 29

Ospreys v Ulster 3:00 PM -- Liberty Stadium, Swansea
Connacht v Scarlets 7:35 PM

Saturday, May 6

Scarlets v Ospreys 5:15 PM -- Parc Y Scarlets, Llanelli
Ulster v Leinster 5:15 PM

Current position in table Ospreys 65, Scarlets 63 and Ulster 63.


Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 3683
Post Re: Pro 12 League Table
The Ospreys game against the Blues, now takes on a huge significance. This is a must win, with no room for error here, or they're in danger of dropping off the top four. I'd tip Scarlets to get maximum points against the dismal Dregs. That leaves Munster v Ulster. It'll be interesting see what team Munster put out here, as they have a massive home game the following week against Saracens in the CC Semis. Ulster could well win this one. All are key games, but it has to be Scarlets in the box seat now.


Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: